• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Problem With Kingdom Hearts by The Cosmonaut

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
[video=youtube;R88XGClRibU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R88XGClRibU&feature=youtu.be&a[/video]

I so relate to this. I don't agree 100% on everything (BbS' gameplay is kind of a mess), but almost entirely on a story level.

Kaweebo

Awards
I agree with most of the stuff presented in this video, I just mostly don't care and am happy with what we have so far. (There are some exceptions and missed opportunities for me, though) I'm also confident that we're heading in the right direction 2.8 and onward.

As far as the story being convoluted though, besides KHII, I think the structure of the story isn't terribly confusing. II is really the only game I think that started going balls-to-the-wall misleading in how it presented...anything, really. You can't fault the games for being on different systems now though since they're all coming to PS4. But I can't say the franchise isn't deeply, deeply flawed because it totally is.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I agree with most of the stuff presented in this video, I just mostly don't care and am happy with what we have so far. (There are some exceptions and missed opportunities for me, though) I'm also confident that we're heading in the right direction 2.8 and onward.

As far as the story being convoluted though, besides KHII, I think the structure of the story isn't terribly confusing. II is really the only game I think that started going balls-to-the-wall misleading in how it presented...anything, really. You can't fault the games for being on different systems now though since they're all coming to PS4. But I can't say the franchise isn't deeply, deeply flawed because it totally is.

Pretty much the same.
I strongly feel the older KH games were better overall, but I'm not a part of that purist faction that can't enjoy the newer stuff. I mean, to each their own, but I can still appreciate what we have now.

D

Deleted member 246005

I agree with the need for better integration between the Final Fantasy characters and the Disney characters and for the FF to be more than superfluous cameos.

I think there are problems with the writing of the franchise but its hard to put my finger on what exactly I don't like. The dialogue can be cringey or too expositionary but that's not uncommon in dubbed anime. The Xehanort saga does suffer from "arc fatigue" similar to how I felt about the Arrancar Saga from Bleach. I was excited but around the time it was winding down I was just wishing it would hurry up, it felt like such a slog to get through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back