• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Problem with BBS Level System

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Master Mage

So as a guy trying to complete all the side quest in BBS with each character, i've begun to realize that level grinding in BBS is ridiculous. We've got 3 different characters and to try and get all 3 to level 99 is simply not worth it. You can beat the Secret Bosses around Level 50-70 depending on which Secret Boss you're fighting. Even using the "easy" methods of trying to level up, the grind is still beyond tedious. It wouldn't be a big deal if we only had 1 character to level up to 99, but this game gives us 3 characters to try and get to level 99. Plus as I stated before it's simply not necessary given how you can beat No Heart by Level 50-70. But if you're like me and you just want that sense of completion by getting all 3 characters to max level, then it's a pain in the ass. Unlike KH1 & KH2 where it was somewhat tedious yet also very fun to get Sora to level 99, in BBS it's not fun at all. Also I found this to be a problem in Chain of Memories where honestly the level cap should have been Level 50 since you will never need level 99 for anything in that.

So my question is do you think BBS would have been served better by either having a lower max level like maybe level 50 or 55 (Considering you'll beat the final bosses around level 25-30) or perhaps by having a different type of leveling up system like the sphere grid from FFX or the Crystarium from FFXIII or perhaps some other type of level up system. Personally I thought maybe a better option would have been to have your HP, DEF, & STR have a growth meter just like your commands and level them up individually that way. Or maybe a skill tree.

So do you guys agree that the traditional level up system isn't a good match for the BBS? And if so what kind of level up system would have preferred?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
The leveling SYSTEM isn't the problem if you ask me. It just takes to long compared to the "few" unversed you fight during the course of the story. And it's simply not worth it because it doesn't really matter (for the secret bosses) if you are level 30 or level 60 - they still one hit you and you still barely do damage, so whatever.

Rexy

Bronze Member
I think they just abused on the amount of exp needed to level up. Although I think they learned since khddd takes less experience to level sora and riku, at least until level 70.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
VoidGear is right that there's no value in leveling either, because the secret bosses work entirely on trick tactics and luck.

I've never got any of the characters from BbS past lvl. 65. I have a life, but thanks anyway, Square.

Blue Master Mage

I think they just abused on the amount of exp needed to level up. Although I think they learned since khddd takes less experience to level sora and riku, at least until level 70.

That's very true. I never found it tedious to level Sora and Riku up in KH3D. Like you said once you get pass Level 70 it becomes harder, but that's fine since it's much closer to level 99. But in BBS once you get pass level 50 it becomes tedious, and that's only the half way mark, for 3 characters, it's ridiculous.

VoidGear is right that there's no value in leveling either, because the secret bosses work entirely on trick tactics and luck.

I've never got any of the characters from BbS past lvl. 65. I have a life, but thanks anyway, Square.

But going off what you & VoidGear are saying, that's one of my problems with BBS level up system. There SHOULD be a reason as to why you would want to reach Level 99. Where as with BBS it seems Square just made BBS's max level 99, simply because all the previous games had a max level of 99 (KH1 being the exception) without really considering what that mean't with 3 different characters. I mean if they really didn't want to try something new and create a brand new leveling system, and they really wanted to stick with the traditional level system, then just make the level cap lower. Level 50, 55, or 60 would have been fine for level caps.

With KH1 & KH2 you would normally be at Level 50 when you reach the final boss, which means you reach the final boss when you're pretty much half way through your levels. For BBS you're going to reach the final bosses of each story around Level 25-30. So going off the same logic of KH1 & KH2, if let's say level 30 what you have when you confront the final bosses, then with that being the half way point of your levels, then the max level should be level 60. I would find it much more reasonable to get 3 characters to level 50, 55, or 60 than to try and get all 3 to level 99.

Also it's not like it's unheard of for Square to use a lower level cap, after all the original NES version of Final Fantasy had a level cap of 50, and other RPG series have level caps around 50 or 60. So I just feel Square really kind of slapped the traditional level system on to BBS without thinking about the negative implications when dealing with 3 different characters.

Lastly, yeah I noticed that the Secret Bosses of BBS are based around trick tactics & luck which is another issue I have with BBS.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I got all three characters to 99 when I played 2.5 and it was a tedious nightmare. I did it for completion's sake but it was not fun getting all three of them to max level. Took about 2-3 days per character of just level grinding to get them all the way to 99, once I had beaten all the story stuff.

Jochira

Awards
yah, I agree... it didn't take long for me to cap at 1FM, 2FM and DDD (I also enjoyed the capping: at 1FM cuz Hades Cup gave me like 2-3 lvl ups everytime, 2FM cuz I could cap Summons and Drive Forms at same time, DDD cuz I could also work on the abilities from my Spirits), but BBS and Re:CoM didn't have any real stuffs for you to multi-work on while capping (BBS had commands, but that was pretty much doing EXACTLY what you're doing while capping)

and in terms of time, 1FM, 2FM and DDD capping felt really short, while it felt like it took ages for me to cap at Re:CoM and BBS... here hoping that capping at KH3 will feel similiar to when I was capping at 2FM owo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back