• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Princesses of Heart and the (Thirteen Shards of) Darkness: The missing link?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Noivern

Awards
Okay, so this theory is.. a bit wild. I'd like to start off that most of the Darkness-aspect of this theory came to me after I thought about the Princesses part, so this is going to be a very raw post with my initial brainstorm. Don't really expect a mega thread with links and so on.

Ok, so this all started when I started to think about Kairi, Naminé and Strelitzia and the similarities between them.. Which lead to me thinking about the possibility of Strelitzia being a Princess of Heart. And then I went on research mode to read more about the PoH and see if this made any sense, and that's where it hit me.

As of now, we know the Princesses of Heart are remnants of the true χ-blade, the seven pieces of Light that came to be when the weapon was broken in the aftermath of the Keyblade War.

This all happened while the original X game was coming to it's end, so Strelitzia could not be a Princess of Heart as she was murdered before the war took place and the χ-blade was broken. However, I firmly believe that had she lived, she might have become one of the first Princesses of Heart! We have yet to know how someone "becomes" a Princess of Heart, but we know that a previous Princess can release it's power who then seeks another host. Considering I doubt Rapunzel or the Arandelle girls were born after KH1 (even if their worlds follow a different flow of time), we can assume they were normal girls until they became the new hosts, and probably had a very small amount of Darkness in their hearts.

The only reason I'm mentioning this here is that later on it might become relevant: both Strelitzia and Ven are very similar as both are inocent and longed for friends, but while Strelitzia had her brother and a friend while she pursued the player, as of now Ventus apparently had none. However, the true parallel is that Ven would later go on to become an artificial pure light and was used to create an artificial χ-blade.

Ok, we know when the Princesses of Heart came to be and can assume that perhaps a new one could show up in Dark Road's era. But what happened to the Thirteen Vessels of Darkness?

Xehanort later on would try to re-create the weapon through two different methods: the first was through a Heart of Pure Light (Ven) and a Heart of Pure Darkness (Vanitas) clashing. The second is the plot of KH3: The 7 Guardians of Light facing off against his 13 Vessels of Darkness.
However, we KNOW that only Kairi is a Pure Light (or at least a "natural" one), and there's nothing to imply that Xehanort's Darkness was any special either.

This leaves two options:

1. The Thirteen Vessels of Darkness are somewhere else, and we have yet to find out what exactly those are. or..

2. Darkness, the actual being that is currently lurking in the latest updates of UX and whose identity is a big mystery, is the actual Incarnation of the Darkness of the χ-blade. It is also possible that if this is the case, Xehanort might actually come into contact and even absorb this being into himself during Dark Road and that would make the 13 pieces of his Heart spread through the Seekers be much more relevant, and would also explain a bit more about Vanitas.

With that said, I'd like to raise a few more questions that came to me:

1. If Darkness is truly what I'm implying it is, that might explain a bit more about Vanitas and why the fake-xblade even worked to the extent it did in BBS. It could be a case of Darkness leaving a part of itself sleeping in Ven's heart and when Xehanort would attempt to create Vanitas many centuries after, that piece was the reason Vanitas was able to take more of Ven's heart than antecipated, as well as him existing as an special subspecies than every other "race" in KH. Could also means that Naminé, being born from the heart of a Princess of Heart, is his exact opposite.

2. What exactly is the deal with those artificial Pure Lights and Pure Darkness'es, anyways? Why are they even able to summon a version of the χ-blade, even if broken? Is it possible for someone to be born as a Pure Light without being a Princess of Heart? If so, does that mean that BBS-Ven, Naminé and possibly Roxas are all candidates to house a piece of the χ-blade?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Well, the 13 vessels could be mostly Disney villains just as the lights are Disney princesses. They could very well retcon Maleficent's group in KH1 as being some of the members.

God knows the villains could use some new plot relevance.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
1. Something like that. As of right now, we don’t really know the status of “Darkness” in Ven’s heart, only that it’s now there, manifested as Dark Inferno χ, and puts into question if Ven can still be considered pure light. With the exception of the Seven Hearts of Pure Light which are natural, another pure heart is an aberration, but the universe allows it for some reason. Naminé isn’t the opposite of anything though. She has some control over the darkness since she can summon corridors. Are you asking about if there are naturally 13 people who are pure darkness and not just Xehanort vessels?

2. We don’t know, but I doubt it. There’s only been one case of an artificial pure light confirmed. There is possibly another, but we don’t know her true status yet since Nomura never resolved that plot hole.

Noivern

Awards
1. Something like that. As of right now, we don’t really know the status of “Darkness” in Ven’s heart, only that it’s now there, manifested as Dark Inferno χ, and puts into question if Ven can still be considered pure light. With the exception of the Seven Hearts of Pure Light which are natural, another pure heart is an aberration, but the universe allows it for some reason. Naminé isn’t the opposite of anything though. She has some control over the darkness since she can summon corridors. Are you asking about if there are naturally 13 people who are pure darkness and not just Xehanort vessels?

2. We don’t know, but I doubt it. There’s only been one case of an artificial pure light confirmed. There is possibly another, but we don’t know her true status yet since Nomura never resolved that plot hole.

I don't mean actual 13 people, just that we are missing the equivalent of the 13 Darkness'es and it has to be somewhere. Maybe as objects, maybe as one big mean, I don't know.

Also, Naminé having the ability to summon dark corridors =/= having Darkness in her heart. She's a special being that is a nobody but not quite one at the same time, an exception to so much that we can't really apply logic to her.

That being said, when I said she could be Vanitas' opposite I don't mean that her existance is a complete opposite to his; But that if Ven was actually housing Darkness (the entity) and Darkness is, truly, the missing piece of the original Chi Blade, then Vanitas, a being born from his heart is sort of an equivalent to Naminé, a being born from the Body of a Princess of Heart who houses another piece of the Chi Blade.

Both are different from their original selves while taking on characteristics usually associated with one element (Vanitas has Dark hair and yellow eyes, Naminé is very pale with light blonde hair, lighter than any other character seen so far. Vanitas wears the weird skin armor that Dark Riku would later wear, Naminé only wears a basic, light white dress).

Both have one weird power that is completely unique to them but is directly related to the occasion of their birth:
- Vanitas can generate and control the Unversed, creatures that are the literal manifestations of his negative emotions that came to be when he was born from Ventus' own negative emotions after going through abuse in the hands of Xehanort and having his darkness forcibly extracted from his heart.
- Naminé has control over the memories of anyone who has come into contact with Sora, the person who made her existance possible in the first place as Kairi is unable to generate a Nobody on her own.

Both of them are unique individuals unlike anyone else: Naminé was refeered at first as Kairi's Nobody but works more like a spectre. She can exist on her own just fine but she faded out when coming into contact with Kairi. Vanitas having a body is something that no one ever seemed to question but makes no sense either (Really, if Xehanort could just make bodies out of thin air then half of KH3/DDD with the whole 13 vessels plot would be rendered irrelevant lol), but he merges with Ventus in the one time those two come into direct contact. He could very well fit in the same category of "spectre born from Ven" as Naminé, to be honest.

The one time Ven and Van clashed without any weirdness happening was on 3 when Vanitas was living in a Replica body as his true self was already back in Ven's heart.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
(Wall of Text)
Ah, I see.

No, I mean I know that. I’m one of those who acknowledge that she’s very different even among Nobodies. What I meant was she has the default powers of one (that is, having some command over darkness like summoning a corridor), in addition to her unique sets of powers, being the Memory Witch as well as having something light-based, so she can’t really be compared to Vanitas using that as an example, because their respective powers don’t overlap and have nothing in common, however I will concede that their powers do stem from the nature of their birth, so there’s that.

Are you confused about what I meant with my second statement and meant Naminé? I wasn’t referring to her as the “second possible case.” That’s someone else.

Anyway, I asked this in the shipping thread, but what’s that anime in your signature/profile?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I'm not sure Darkness could be the manifestation of the χ-blade, seeing it's lurking around Ven before the Keyblade war when Strelitzia is killed. I guess, it's possible that it could have collected the 13 shards of darkness, but I personally prefer the idea of there being 13 natural hearts of Darkness. I like @Idreamaboutcats ' idea of the 13 Darknesses being Disney Villains, with Maleficent being one of them.

Regarding the Princesses of Heart, it seems the shards can move on to other people, so they're not tied to the heart as I used to believe. I assume that the shards choose individuals with strong hearts and very little darkness in them. Dark Road kind of makes me question, if there were even PoH before the 7 of KH1, seeing Agrabah is only 70 years old and has weird timeflow.

Something I'm curious about is if you can make a Keyblade of Hearts with the 7 shards of light, can you do the same with the 13 of darkness?

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Thank you, but the Disney Villain idea was @MATGSY ‘s, while I did wonder about pure dark hearts. 😆

Another question is, if the pure lights transfer hosts, does that mean the previous hosts (Snow, Cindy, Rory, etc.) are no longer “pure” or is their status as a princess just dormant?

The BoP recognizes them as pure hearts, and Chirithy recognized their projections as such. It brings the question to mind, if the worlds are being rebuilt at different paces, does that mean some of the princesses were already alive before the War forced the one World to end, and they were only in some sort of stasis until their worlds were restored, or did they come to be born and live right after the restoration because their existences were destined?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I do like the theory of Disney villains being the 13 pure darkness hearts. It'll be a total retcon, with Maleficent running around and nobody paying attention to her, but whatever. Does that mean one of the darkness will be a KH oc character like Kairi is for the light side?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I do like the theory of Disney villains being the 13 pure darkness hearts. It'll be a total retcon, with Maleficent running around and nobody paying attention to her, but whatever. Does that mean one of the darkness will be a KH oc character like Kairi is for the light side?
I'd hope so and only one, don't need another 13 OCs hogging the spotlight from quality Disney Villains.

Also, if the 7 Hearts of Light can unseal the door to darkness can the 13 of Darkness unseal the Door To Light?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Another thing about Disney villains as pure darks, this could be used to spin a better explanation for weirdnesses like Scar's ghost, why retained his original form as a heartless, or Ursula's revival.

Last edited:

Noivern

Awards

You are absolutely correct! I was so careful to think about Strelitzia being a PoH pre-keyblade war that I totally not realized that meant Darkness itself wouldn't be there either, lol.

But yeah, maybe it just absorbed the 13 shards into itself? It does beg the question of where the Chi-Blade was during all this because we know the Master of Masters had access to it as it was used as a basis for the Keyblades, and we also know it was shattered when the world was covered with Darkness during the war, but we don't actually see the thing in action either, but it must've been used since it was passed around in legend. huh.

Regarding Agrabah, I think the world itself was already alive and going before Jasminé was born. I wouldn't be surprised if a future Dark Road update has them going back into Agrabah only for the world to be restored further and Sinbad is running around as a teenage, as unlikely as that sounds. But Genie seems to know of the Keyblade, so wielders definitely ran around before Sora and Co., unless he met them before the worlds were split.

The projections from UX are from the time they were still Princesses of Heart. We know they released their Light (as in the shards of the Chi Blade, not their actual Hearts) some time after the events of KH1 by choice with the exception of Kairi, so Belle and Jasminé were probably just normal girls again during KH2, I guess. Which could explain why the Org didn't give a single care for any of them besides Kairi.

The idea of the Disney Villains being True Darknesses is very appealing to me, but also sounds unlikely as no one ever seemed to care about them before.. However, there's two small tidbits that might make this idea real:

- When Seeker of Darkness unlocks the Darkness in Maleficent's Heart in KH1 and it overwhelms her: maybe it wasn't just him flooding her heart with Darkness, but touching upon the fragment sleeping inside her?
- Darkness refeers to itself as an old friend to Maleficent.

Back