• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► The Princess and the Frog

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
...I somehow can't believe I'm making a thread for this. Oh well. *shrug*

Here, have a teaser:
YouTube - Disney's The Princess And The Frog Teaser Trailer (HD)

I AM SO VERY EXCITED FOR THIS. D: I hate princess movies 'n stuff that Disney used to make [Cinderalla, Snow White, etcetc; THE LITTLE MERMAID IS AN EXCEPTION >_____> I love that movie way too much.] because of all of that stupid merchandise they have now, but I'm HORRIBLY excited for this movie.

HELLO 2D ANIMATION I HAVE MISSED YOU SO MUCH ;_____;

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Re: [Movie] The Princess and the Frog

Jeez, I heard about this MONTHS ago, and then I could never find anymore new information on it. :O Nice job, Rena.

...Or maybe I wasn't looking hard enough? XD

Anyway, I'm interested to see how this'll be received. o.o; I'll prolly see it. The princess is cute, and it'll prolly be funny.

...It'll probably be called out as racism, though. .________.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc

^ They're calling her the first black Disney Princess. There has already been controversy, Disney had to change titles, and Tiana's name and whatnot.

Ehh, I desperately want this not to suck (omg2DFTW) but I have this looming feeling it will. ;.;

<3

Last edited:

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Anyhow, I can't really say much about it at the moment. I don't really know much about it. Not sure what to think of the teaser. Except lol cajun firefly

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata

Anyhow, I can't really say much about it at the moment. I don't really know much about it. Not sure what to think of the teaser. Except lol cajun firefly

Same. But it's funny as hell reading all the comments over at IMDb.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

Well... I like the song in the background. And Tiana's pretty cool, I guess. Disney did need a black princess, though... to complete the collection:

Indian, Asian, Caucasian... Fish.

kago

Update:

teaser poster: The Princess and the Frog

First official trailer: YouTube - Princess and the Frog Trailer

HD trailer: The Princess and the Frog

------------------------------------------------------------------

Website/Trailer: The Princess and the Frog

Pictures of the characters:
Prince Naveen
Tiana
Mama Odie
Tiana and Naveen as frogs
Louie

Concept and scene designs:
Concept
Scene

-------------------------------------------
From Disneylicious.com:
"Disney will debut its first black princess later this year but critics already have their knives out - because the prince is white. Princess Tiana and many other characters in animation are African-American but Prince Naveen is not, leading to complaints that Disney has missed out on the opportunity for a fairytale ending with a black couple. Others have hailed Disney's decision to have an inter-racial romance as a reflection of melting pot America, reports The Daily Mail, but not everyone is happy.

Some say the company is sending out a mixed message in The Princess and The Frog by having a white love interest - Prince Naveen of Maldonia who is voiced by a Brazilian actor. One fan wrote on an internet forum: "I think it's sad that he is white because its saying that black love isn't good enough and that black men could never be princes." "Disney had the perfect chance to make its first black prince, but instead it decided to go the controversial route."

The film is an adaptation of the classic tale The Frog Prince, now set in 1920s New Orleans. Prince Naveen is turned into a frog by a voodoo magician and asks Princess Tiana to kiss him in order to break the spell. Unluckily for them, she turns into a frog too and the pair must fight to reverse the spell as they fall in love.

The Princess and The Frog has been dogged by controversy from the beginning with the princess' original name being criticised as being a stereotypical 'slave name' and the New Orleans setting being questioned for its links to voodoo and slavery. The original plot line about a chambermaid called Maddy working for a spoilt white debutante was also slammed for being racially insensitive."
---------------------------------------------

So what do you guys think? I have no problem with it, i thought that it's cool that Prince Naveen is white. It shows that you don't have to be the same race to get together. If it helps just think of him as Latin, since his voice actor is Brazilian. And the whole voodoo thing, it fits perfectly with the time period; and i think the voodoo adds more to the villain. And about the name "Maddy," I never thought of it as a slave name, i thought of it as more of a white name, (I met a white girl named Maddy.) And on top of that, i like the name Maddy more than Tiana. In the end, there will always be someone who is never pleased about something and will continue to complain.

Last edited:

gogirl808

Interesting...
I had not heard about this movie yet, but I'm very interested now to see how this project develops.
Anyone know who is voicing the character of Princess Tiana?

kago

I can't believe you haven't heard of this movie! I'm hoping that this movie will be like The Little Mermaid, which brought Disney back to it's glory.

Here's the voice actors:

Princess Tiana - Anika Noni Rose
Charlotte La Bouff - Jennifer Cody
Dr. Facilier - Keith David
Mama Odie - Jenifer Lewis
Ray A lovesick Cajun firefly. Jim Cummings
Louis - Michael-Leon Wooley
Prince Naveen - Bruno Campos
Lawrence - Peter Bartlett
Eli "Big Daddy" La Bouff - John Goodman
James - Terrence Howard
Eudora - Oprah Winfrey

I also added the website to the first post. It opens up with a teaser trailer for the movie.

Last edited:
A

Audo

I have high hopes for this movie.
The trailer on the website was cute. I'm liking Tiana so far.

kago

As do I, I think she will fit in well with the other princesses. Maybe she will be a favorite Disney character for me, next to Ariel.

Rix

:)
Awards
From what I've seen so far it looks really good and it seems like it will bring back the greatness we used to see in Disney movies.

I'm just afraid I'll get dissapointed...

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
It looks super good, I really can't wait for it.

I'm glad Disney's trying to bring back the magic when we were kids.

kago

i'm looking forward to this as well as rapunzel revitalizing people's interest in 2d animated features and what can still be accomplished with them

I was going to start a Rapunzel thread too, but there is very little information on that movie. Disney will probably start leaking out info once The Princess and the Frog comes out. Rapunzel won't be in 2D though, it's 3D with a 2D touch, i would like to see how that comes out.

Naveen looks like a fruit, xD.

Lol! Is it the flowers? He looks like a slim version of Gaston from Beauty and the Beast.

Rix

:)
Awards
I'm dissapointed that Rapunzel is not gonna be a 2d movie to be honest :/ The princess movies should look classic in my opinion. And that in 2d.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
The movie looks like it'd be pretty good.
May not have that classical look like most other Disney princess movies had, but this could be a good thing.

I'm just afraid I'll get dissapointed..

So am I :/

Straw_Hat

I was going to start a Rapunzel thread too, but there is very little information on that movie. Disney will probably start leaking out info once The Princess and the Frog comes out. Rapunzel won't be in 2D though, it's 3D with a 2D touch, i would like to see how that comes out.

really? The way i keep hearing things i thought it sounded like a 2D film with a 3D touch, lol

but i've seen nothing and heard little about it, I just know from interviews that Lasseter and other head guys want to keep 2D alive at the studio, which i think is great.

This movie is already great in that Home On The Range was supposed to be disney's last traditionally animated movie, and it's already recanted that decision. I hope for good things to come of this, so i pray it'll be successful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back