• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Power to Return Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
BEWARE THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR THE END OF KINGDOM HEARTS 3

*buffer*

*buffer*

*buffer*

Rather than call it the “ Power of Waking,” the Kingdom Hearts 3 synopsis refers to it as the Key to Return Hearts, which in my opinion gives the audience a much clearer understanding of what exactly this power really is and is capable of. Young Xehanort states that the Power of Waking is meant to traverse hearts to reach worlds and not to traverse worlds to reclaim hearts. Both of these scenarios are shown at the end of Kingdom Hearts 3. With the former being expressed when Sora travels through the worlds to reclaim the hearts of his fallen friends, and the latter being when he travels through Master Xehanort’s heart to reach Scala Ad Caelum. It’s also evident that one can even traverse or dive into their own heart, which is shown when Sora goes into himself to awaken Ventus and when Master Xehanort also travels through himself to reach Scala Ad Caelum. I do not think these two are the first to perform such a feat, and even more so I think that the Master of Masters used this ability to perform something similar which would have eventually led to his disappearance, which shares many similarities with how we saw Sora vanish at the end of Kingdom Hearts 3.

The Master of Masters abused the power of Waking after the original Keyblade War to reclaim the hearts of the many fallen weilders. Understanding the destruction that left their home worldline uninhabitable, he led those hearts to a safer place, that being the realm of sleep. Also equipping them with our adorable companion, Chirithy, as a sort of guardian spirit and an indicator of the intentions of ones heart (Dark Chirithy being a prime example). Knowing the consequences of abusing the power of Waking, the Master of Masters made preparations for what would come next and set a grand plan in motion to ensure the future. It is my assumption that it was at this time that the light within the hearts of the children began to recreate the world they once knew, from the memories that they were reliving and thus restoring the realm of light, albeit a fractured world that was separate rather than united as it once was.Then finally, just as we witnessed with Sora in KH3, his time had come for him to “dim, fade, or disappear” only to arrive in the same world Sora awoke in when he committed a similar act of abuse of his powers, Shibuya. Now they both stand to face some sort of “test” if they are ever to return to the worldline that they once called home.

Obviously this is just a theory and I would love to see what everyone thinks, whether is be positive or negative and I appreciate anyone who has taken the time to read this.

Awards
I personally think this theory is very well thought out. It may or may not be what happens, though, since Tetsuya Nomura can be unpredictable at times. Ultimately, it is up to him or whoever writes the story for the next Kingdom Hearts game what happens and what everything that has happened so far actually means. Still, I really like this theory. Although I do hope this Shibuya we saw in the secret ending is different from The World Ends With You. As good of a game The World Ends With You is, I hope the next game isn’t connected so heavily to The World Ends With You. If it is, I won’t be that disappointed, though. I’m still excited no matter what. I’m just saying it would be nice for me if the Shibuya we saw is something related to Kingdom Hearts’ specific storyline. Either way, though, I personally like this theory.

KeybladeMasterB

BEWARE THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR THE END OF KINGDOM HEARTS 3

*buffer*

*buffer*

*buffer*

Rather than call it the “ Power of Waking,” the Kingdom Hearts 3 synopsis refers to it as the Key to Return Hearts, which in my opinion gives the audience a much clearer understanding of what exactly this power really is and is capable of. Young Xehanort states that the Power of Waking is meant to traverse hearts to reach worlds and not to traverse worlds to reclaim hearts. Both of these scenarios are shown at the end of Kingdom Hearts 3. With the former being expressed when Sora travels through the worlds to reclaim the hearts of his fallen friends, and the latter being when he travels through Master Xehanort’s heart to reach Scala Ad Caelum. It’s also evident that one can even traverse or dive into their own heart, which is shown when Sora goes into himself to awaken Ventus and when Master Xehanort also travels through himself to reach Scala Ad Caelum. I do not think these two are the first to perform such a feat, and even more so I think that the Master of Masters used this ability to perform something similar which would have eventually led to his disappearance, which shares many similarities with how we saw Sora vanish at the end of Kingdom Hearts 3.

The Master of Masters abused the power of Waking after the original Keyblade War to reclaim the hearts of the many fallen weilders. Understanding the destruction that left their home worldline uninhabitable, he led those hearts to a safer place, that being the realm of sleep. Also equipping them with our adorable companion, Chirithy, as a sort of guardian spirit and an indicator of the intentions of ones heart (Dark Chirithy being a prime example). Knowing the consequences of abusing the power of Waking, the Master of Masters made preparations for what would come next and set a grand plan in motion to ensure the future. It is my assumption that it was at this time that the light within the hearts of the children began to recreate the world they once knew, from the memories that they were reliving and thus restoring the realm of light, albeit a fractured world that was separate rather than united as it once was.Then finally, just as we witnessed with Sora in KH3, his time had come for him to “dim, fade, or disappear” only to arrive in the same world Sora awoke in when he committed a similar act of abuse of his powers, Shibuya. Now they both stand to face some sort of “test” if they are ever to return to the worldline that they once called home.

Obviously this is just a theory and I would love to see what everyone thinks, whether is be positive or negative and I appreciate anyone who has taken the time to read this.

I think this theory it's actually brilliant! It makes total sense of why both Sora and MoM are in the same place. The remaining questions would be... Why Riku? Why Shibuya? and Why Yozora?

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
I think this theory it's actually brilliant! It makes total sense of why both Sora and MoM are in the same place. The remaining questions would be... Why Riku? Why Shibuya? and Why Yozora?

Thank You! In regards to Riku I would say it has to do with the Book of Prophecies and it’s contents, I’m under the assumption that it’s involved in how Riku was able to reach this place we find him in the Secret Ending. With Yozora I want to assume that he’s from another “worldline” that ultimately leads to him abusing his own powers (whatever they may be) to save his own damsel in distress. I’m under the impression that although it might not be the same “Shibuya,” that it still serves the same purpose of being an afterlife related location that provides a type of redemption for those who’ve abused their abilities, with those who are worthy having the ability to return to their own worlds (or at least the realm of the living). Of course this is all just some speculation that I’ve come up with on the spot so I wouldn’t be surprised if there were some issues with this theory but I’d like to think that this would be the logical progression for this scenario.

Back