• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Persona Thread (Spin-offs galore!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
So I think I'm finally gonna restart P5 and see it through to the end. I played about 25 hours when it first came out and was instantly in LOVE with it, but that was during my senior year of college and I didn't have the time to commit to finishing it.

Since then I've knocked out multiple backlogged games and also finished KH3, and man, it's more than time for me to do this. Now is more perfect a time than ever so that I'm all ready for Persona Q2 and with the swirling gossip about the future of the game.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Max

Staff member
Awards
I've kinda been wanting to play the P4Arena games again, not for the story, just goof off and fight around. I still have my copies, but I wish I could play them on PS4. Been making me consider buying Blazblue Cross Tag Battle (I do love Blazblue)

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I hope they show this off this month along with footage of Joker in Smash. I am kinda glad I waited on this game now, I'll just the complete edition.

Remember that Atlus has a pending announcement they teased back months. And I imagine that, since this is the month of P5 announcements, it could also be the month that Nintendo holds another Smash Direct, seeing as how they did promise to show off more of Joker during last month's Direct.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Atlus Will Talk About Persona 5 R After Persona 5 the Animation: Stars and Ours Airs

The official Japanese Persona Twitter account has confirmed the arrival of Persona 5 R news on March 23, 2019. It noted that people can expect information on the follow-up will appear after the Persona 5 the Animation: Stars and Ours airs on 8:00pm JST.

---

Cool. Last year we got a teaser for an announcement. We're getting a soft-reveal, and then a full reveal after the anime airs.

I swear, this Marketing of "announcement of announcements" needs to stop.

Sdog

Awards
I'm just ready for this reveal to happen. Such a long and drawn out wait Dx

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
For the love of God, all the time they have taken to unveil this CANNOT, FOR THE LOVE OF THE ALMIGHTY, BE Persona 5 RACING.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I can't believe that the reveal was "Here's the title... Now wait another month."

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I can't believe that the reveal was "Here's the title... Now wait another month."

I guess they showed a whole "new character" lol. Her dialogue does imply she is straight up new, but its weird since she sorta matches up with certain Smash datamines that say Joker has multiple costumes with ponytail physics and stuff, implying he could have a female variant. And obviously this woman has a ponytail. Could be a coincidence I suppose.

Sdog

Awards
Ooo I should've seen this coming xD

At least we know it should be an expansion at the least. I was low-key worried it was only gonna be a Switch port with all this buildup...

Last edited:

Max

Staff member
Awards
If this P5Royal is really akin to P3Fes or P4G the way it seems, it's just... It's just always weird thinking about a release like that in this day and age of DLC and patches and all that jazz. I'm curious if this will be an entirely seperate release like Fes or if there will be an option of purchasing the new content for the old version of the game, but then there's also the question of how it would work on current saves if they did that. I don't know, we'll have to wait until April I guess and see if we get any better answers as to what's going on then.

Sdog

Awards
If this P5Royal is really akin to P3Fes or P4G the way it seems, it's just... It's just always weird thinking about a release like that in this day and age of DLC and patches and all that jazz. I'm curious if this will be an entirely seperate release like Fes or if there will be an option of purchasing the new content for the old version of the game, but then there's also the question of how it would work on current saves if they did that. I don't know, we'll have to wait until April I guess and see if we get any better answers as to what's going on then.

That's been one of my biggest concerns since this trailer dropped and people started throwing around the idea of a new dungeon with this girl as a new confidant/party member. I love this game and idk if I have the time to play another 60-80 hours for her to be after Haru's palace.

I just don't see why we needed all this buildup. We could've gone with having THIS as the initial announcement/teaser with the full thing coming next month. It's honestly, imo, just kinda killing the steam for whatever this is.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Remember that hype also affect stock values.

In other news, I'm only buying this if it's coming to Switch. Otherwise, I'll just watch a Let's Play of it.

Other than that, if FFXV's Royal Edition could integrate the new content into the old game, then I guess P5 can.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I’m aboard the hype train for this!

It’s good to have an official date for Atlus to start dropping information on S and Royals. I’m hoping S is for Switch because, it’d make a nice addition to the games I already have for it. I do hope Royals gets explained because, I really want more Akechi. And I’m not super crazy over a girl MC, or new female route, but I’ll take it if adds more to the story; otherwise I might pass depending on what it turns out to be.

This seems like a old pattern for Atlus when it comes to releasing Persona games. I do bet in the next year or so, they might eventually announce a new Persona. If they do stick to the old pattern of game releases, considering how P3 and P4 got additional games before making the next one. But I wonder if they’ll ever bring up the other game they had in the works that had nothing to do with Persona from last year?

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Still holding out for a Fem Protag, Atlus. Please?

Max

Staff member
Awards
I've been going through Vanilla P5 the last few weeks and I'm about 40 hours in. So I'm kinda hoping Royal is more than just a FES/Golden version.

Back