• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Persona Thread (Spin-offs galore!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Re: Persona 5

If P4 tells us anything, I'd bet money on a PS3 release. Maybe PS4 as well, but it'd primarily be developed for the PS3. Vita crossplay would be nice, but that's asking too much.

And, of course, P5P on the Vita. Unless it decides to take the P3FES route and release on P5's home console, instead.

EightBitRed

Bronze Member

If P4 tells us anything, I'd bet money on a PS3 release. Maybe PS4 as well, but it'd primarily be developed for the PS3. Vita crossplay would be nice, but that's asking too much.

And, of course, P5P on the Vita. Unless it decides to take the P3FES route and release on P5's home console, instead.

I mean I don't know if it will be on VITA considering they've release remakes and updated version all the handhelds. A P5 epilouge DLC is a better chance of happening

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com

So I just bought Shin Megami Tensei IV today, and inside the limited edition guide and art book there is an interview with the sound team... Here's a little excerpt that I found a little intriguing.

Q: Shin Megami Tensei IV is finally about to be released. How do you feel right now?

Kenichi Tsuchiya (Sound Director): I still have work to do on this limited-edition bonus item, so I'm not in that "I'm done!" mood yet...

Ryota Koduka (Sound Composer): Same here. It's like we still have one foot in this project even now. (laughs)

Tsuchiya: For us on the sound team, even if the game is complete, we still have to work on things like preparing the soundtrack album and helping the promo team out. Then before we know it, the next project's already started... so without a chance to catch our breath, our memories of the game get washed away by the bustle of the next project...

Although it's a bit vague, they seem to already be working on another project, and Tsuchiya has worked on Persona games in the past... Could they be working on P5? It's possible considering all the recent rumors and the domain register.

Either way, a new SMT project is in the works.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards

I personally would love to see P5 hit the Vita, my Vita needs more titles as it is. Also, although P3FES is the superior version of P3 in my opinion, P3P tends to be the one I always go back to because of the convenience of its portability. How I wish they would have just held off on P3P and gave it the P4G treatment, it would have been perfect to actually have FES on the Vita ~.~ *swoon*

But I would settle for console. It would more likely than not be lovely on the PS3, and I will inevitably get a PS4 eventually anyway if it took that route.

EightBitRed

Bronze Member

So I just bought Shin Megami Tensei IV today, and inside the limited edition guide and art book there is an interview with the sound team... Here's a little excerpt that I found a little intriguing.

Q: Shin Megami Tensei IV is finally about to be released. How do you feel right now?

Kenichi Tsuchiya (Sound Director): I still have work to do on this limited-edition bonus item, so I'm not in that "I'm done!" mood yet...

Tsuchiya: For us on the sound team, even if the game is complete, we still have to work on things like preparing the soundtrack album and helping the promo team out. Then before we know it, the next project's already started... so without a chance to catch our breath, our memories of the game get washed away by the bustle of the next project...

Although it's a bit vague, they seem to already be working on another project, and Tsuchiya has worked on Persona games in the past... Could they be working on P5? It's possible considering all the recent rumors and the domain register.

Either way, a new SMT project is in the works.

The SMT Team and the Persona team are separated and work on their franchises. Consider it like a friendly competition" between them in-house on their titles. Personally the Persona team has all the All-stars and therefore make better games, SMT meh to me. The art ok and the soundtrack fails to be equal to the greatness of Shugo Meguro.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com

The SMT Team and the Persona team are separated and work on their franchises. Consider it like a friendly competition" between them in-house on their titles. Personally the Persona team has all the All-stars and therefore make better games, SMT meh to me. The art ok and the soundtrack fails to be equal to the greatness of Shugo Meguro.

Tsuchiya has contributed in every single Persona game though...

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I'd prefer a P5 to anything else, tbh.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

I honestly kinda hope we still get one Persona game on the PS3 (aside from the Arena franchise), they already have the engine they made for Catherine and Persona 4, if I recall correctly, was also released late into PS2's lifespan - but I think those hopes aren't realistic. Still, if they decide to still release a Persona game on PS3, I'll be very happy!

With that said, can't wait what they're gonna announce on Sunday!

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com

OP has been updated with a link to the teaser site~

It's been 2 years since I've updated this thread. xD

Gram

Banned
Awards

^ TnT I just wish they'd release p4 or golden on psn.....

State

Awards

Now that the P5 discussion has been revive: would you rather it followed the roots of P1&2 or P3&4?

Back