• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Pariah: A Creepy Lonliness

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firagex

The one they point at
He is the pariah.

When a head looks towards him
he looks down.

His paranoia escalates
his confidence decimated.

One by one, the people desert him
this only makes hims scared

Locked in a cube of boredom
he thinks sadistic thoughts.

The public eye he fears
people are cruel, vicious animals.

Watching from his window
the grass grows, the wind blows.

He ponders to the end of oblivion
wondering if living is meaningful.

He wants the answers
but is to shy to ask the questions.

What will I do
I will live. Live, live, live.​

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Just to be curious, is this poem at all based off of the ship/character Paragon/Pariah in Robin Hobb's fantasy series The Liveship Traders? It's certainly very befitting of him if that's the case.

Firagex

Just to be curious, is this poem at all based off of the ship/character Paragon/Pariah in Robin Hobb's fantasy series The Liveship Traders? It's certainly very befitting of him if that's the case.

To be honest I've never even heard of that series. Just coincidence I guess.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
To be honest I've never even heard of that series. Just coincidence I guess.

A very large coincidence, I would say, hahaha! The Paragon is a liveship (a living ship, as its name suggests) who was stranded on a beach for murdering his crew. For decades he lay there unattended to and eventually went insane due to his abandonment and his hatred for humanity, and was later renamed the Pariah, or "the failure".

Firagex

A very large coincidence, I would say, hahaha! The Paragon is a liveship (a living ship, as its name suggests) who was stranded on a beach for murdering his crew. For decades he lay there unattended to and eventually went insane due to his abandonment and his hatred for humanity, and was later renamed the Pariah, or "the failure".

Well the title seems to be the only coincidence about it. The Poem is actually set to a personal matter.

Cicero

Visionary
The poem has a weird structure. I do get what you try to tell, so that's good. Few spelling mistakes here and there, though.

Ah, the childhood memories. Great series!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back