• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lit ► The Outsiders

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike

iROFL
Awards
For some reason, I feel about writing about a book I just read. I usually dont read many books, but I had to read this book for my English class and I just finished it. And next week we are watching the movie. So I feel like talking about it. It's written by S.E Hinton. I realize it is an old book, but whatever.

Anyone read the book?

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
I actually had to read it two years ago for my English class. Honestly, I thought it was a bit mediocre, but I believe the author was 16 at the time, so it's understandable. Its usage of symbolism isn't remarkable either. I could go on, but I'd just be ranting. It was entertaining to say the least.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
That's a good point. And most people would probably argue that the best way to capture a story like that would be to have it written by a teenager. I'm not sure to be honest. I just didn't love it.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
That's a good point. And most people would probably argue that the best way to capture a story like that would be to have it written by a teenager. I'm not sure to be honest. I just didn't love it.
Thanks for agreeing. I can understand if you didn't enjoy it, I'm the kind of person who reads everything I get my hands ons.

Mike

iROFL
Awards
I actually had to read it two years ago for my English class. Honestly, I thought it was a bit mediocre, but I believe the author was 16 at the time, so it's understandable. Its usage of symbolism isn't remarkable either. I could go on, but I'd just be ranting. It was entertaining to say the least.
I thought it was okay to, but I havent read many books. I maybe have read a total of, and finished, 5 books. But 16 is still alittle bit impressive to write a book an have it published.

I read the book and thought it was pretty good. It tells the story of young teens better than High School Musical
A hell of alot better.

I dont read much books, so I dont have much of an opinion myself. But of the books I have read, it was good. Before this I had read another one of her books called Tex.

Wow. I'm reading this book in school right now! I think it's really good.
Coincedence?

Mail Man

Ah, I rememeber reading this one a while back. I liked it a lot. It was one of the better books I read that year.

kairiismyBFFL

Website
www.youtube.com
:sneaky:Oh yea, last year i had to read the outsiders for english. I hated the book, and most of the time when i had to read a chapter or more for homework i would end up reading only a few pages.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Ralph Macchio isn't a terrible actor, but I can't see him playing anything other than the Karate Kid. That's all I think of whenever I see him in a movie.

Blue

home is where the heart is
I was in the 6th grade when I read it. I haven't read a lot of books back then, so I thought it was a very good book and now I probably think the same from what I can recall.

Haven't watched the movie, though.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Dang doesn't reading this book bring back memories, i remeber reading this one book back in elementry school, it was a great story. I absolutely loved it ...still do and i am in love with the movie so touching, i saw the movie in my freshmen year about two years ago, so thinking of this book brings such great memories of reading...^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back