• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"The Other Me"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

End

Awards
Not sure if there's a thread dedicated to figuring this out yet, but I personally assume this means ya boi Riku Replica is coming back? If we're treating Xion as basically a whole person then let's give some love to the OG puppet who still needs a name of his own.

namine_x_replica_riku___good_luck_charm_by_kohakuume6-d53fvsp.jpg

This boy has a heart and was too easily forgotten.

UltimaXOmega

Would be funny seeing Riku Replica as an Org member but not Vexen.
I still think it's Ansem-Riku though.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
It's hilarious that I can't tell if your profile picture is of Noctis or Riku.

I'll say what I said in another thread. While I don't think it's more likely than Repliku... we have no idea at what point in the game this cutscene takes place in. It's 100% possible Riku does become a Heartless at some point in KH3 and has a Nobody. Anything can happen during the course of the game. We simply know very little so far.

ImVentus

Awards
I think it's more if Riku ever fears to fall for darker path, he'll have that keyblade ready when the time is necessary. But you never know.

End

Awards
I think it's more if Riku ever fears to fall for darker path, he'll have that keyblade ready when the time is necessary. But you never know.

Good theory. I can get behind this

Veevee

Awards
I consider Repliku a likely guess. The way Riku sounds about the "other me" is rather genuine and caring, so I doubt it would be Ansem. Planning ahead if he was to fall to darkness seems rather unlikely to me because if he was to fall into the darkness so late in the series, it would be kinda dumb. A lot of his development focuses around him NOT falling into darkness even though he always had been really close to it, so it would be stupid to make him give in at the peak of the story. Plus, Mickey is with him and should be doing something for the first time in years, so yeah. I always wondered he never produced a heartless / nobody anyway, but it would be a terrible timing to reveal it now if he had because it would imply it had never been discovered until this day which would mean a ton of retconning incoming.
Repliku had been a rather tragic figure in Re:CoM and even though Riku wasn't exactly fond of finding a clone of himself, I guess he would take pity. Maybe Riku even knows something we don't, maybe Repliku is a SoD and Riku is preparing for that case. For my part, I'd love for it to be Repliku, that guy deserves more love.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It's 100% possible Riku does become a Heartless at some point in KH3 and has a Nobody. Anything can happen during the course of the game. We simply know very little so far.

While I agree that this possibility cannot be ruled out I do deem it to be not a very wise or reasonable path to take.

The cast is already bloated up and for several parts of the fandom already too big as is with several of the older established characters needing more attention narrative- and focus-wise, so to add to this problem even more by now suddenly introducing a Riku-Nobody would be a rather bad decision.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
he’s talking about noctis, ofc.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
While I agree that this possibility cannot be ruled out I do deem it to be not a very wise or reasonable path to take.

The cast is already bloated up and for several parts of the fandom already too big as is with several of the older established characters needing more attention narrative- and focus-wise, so to add to this problem even more by now suddenly introducing a Riku-Nobody would be a rather bad decision.

To be brutally honest, it's Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts II that boated up the cast. Days and Dream Drop Distance only introduced one new character whilst Birth by Sleep had six new characters. I'm not counting the X sub-series, because outside of Ventus and Marluxia, that cast is standalone at the moment.

And as far as character revival's go, I knew Nomura stopped caring about the fatality of a character's death after he revived Ursula.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
After much thinking and considering, I am now okay with the other me being Riku Replica.
People will be enraged about his needless return they will finally leave Xion alone.

And as far as character revival's go, I knew Nomura stopped caring about the fatality of a character's death after he revived Ursula.

Ursula's the true highlander, forget Xehanort
She has the most gruesome deaths in every game yet here she is in the next one

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Assuming Repliku is part of the new organization, I'm curious why he would even need Way to Dawn? Xehanort should just be able to materialize his keyblade through him.

End

Awards
he’s talking about noctis, ofc.

Oh of course, how silly of me.

Assuming Repliku is part of the new organization, I'm curious why he would even need Way to Dawn? Xehanort should just be able to materialize his keyblade through him.

Well the Way to Dawn symbolises Riku's journey out of the darkness. It's possible that he's leaving it there for repliku to find to try bringing him to the light. If Riku could find his way, surely his clone can too is probably what Riku is thinking.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think it’s likely he’s referring to the Riku he saw in Monstro during DDD. We just don’t have much to go off of on what version he is. I was originally Team Repliku (anyone remember those dark days?). However, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that he appeared in the same world under similar premise as when Riku first turned on Sora by kidnapping Pinocchio in KH1. So I think it’s more likely that was Ansem-Riku brought forward in time by YX. I would also think Ansem-Riku would be a more preferable vessel from Xehanort’s perspective. Of course, he could be a new incarnation of the darkness Riku has cast out. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I think it’s likely he’s referring to the Riku he saw in Monstro during DDD. We just don’t have much to go off of on what version he is. I was originally Team Repliku (anyone remember those dark days?). However, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that he appeared in the same world under similar premise as when Riku first turned on Sora by kidnapping Pinocchio in KH1. So I think it’s more likely that was Ansem-Riku brought forward in time by YX.
I started to make a theory on this, but I suck at that sort of thing so it's on hold for now. XD

But yeah, that's my belief as well. Don't know if I'd say Ansem-Riku (I remember something about Riku already have some of Ansem's power before the possession, but it's been awhile since I've looked at the first game,) but I do think it's the Riku we see during DDD.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards

Yeah, scenario-wise... I can't see why Nomura would do it. If Riku was going to become a heartless, that would've happened a long time ago. Like KH1-levels of long ago. I'm not saying it'd be impossible, but just, why?

Especially when Riku just had this whole game where he finally overcame the darkness in his heart, like that'd be comical if Nomura went "Nah bruh" and went for the kill like that. And I don't think it would go over well with the fandom, let's be honest lol.

The other me would most likely be Replica Riku, I think.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Just quickly gonna go through all the possibilities here.

-Repliku, somehow
-Data-Riku, somehow
-KH1 Riku brought in through time travel. Maybe the Way to Dawn depowers to become the Soul Eater.
-KH2 Riku brought in through time travel. Maybe the broken Way to Dawn becomes a fixed Way to Dawn.
-The Seagull Whose Eggs Sora Stole
-Riku's Nobody. Riku leaves the broken WtD in case he becomes a Heartless and a Nobody is formed.
-A new clone

Zul

Awards
I don't see a reason why it would be anyone other than Repliku or KH1 Riku. Repliku could be the last loose "tormented" character that needs healing, and KH1 Riku would lend some explanation to the KH3D scene where Riku said he was confronting himself.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Regardless of what form of Riku it might be, consider this boss fight concept:

Sora and Ventus vs Dark Riku and Vanitas

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back