• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The original protagonist

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaCore5

Awards
Back when kingdom hearts was still in development there was an issue on who the main character for the series should be. If I recall correctly Disney wanted Donald Duck and Square soft wanted to use Mickey Mouse. But both ideas were tossed when they both came up with sora as the main protagonist. So my question is should Donald or Mickey have been the main protagonist or was it best to pick an original character entirely?

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Well in hindsight I am very happy they went with Sora since he is a good character and I'm happy they didn't make Donald the main protagonist. I don't have a problem with him but I know many people who don't like him much as it is let alone if he was the main character. Mickey would've worked (heck I still want to have a prolonged time to play as him in a KH game) and if he had been advertised as the main playable character KH1 might have actually sold even more. As for my official pick I'd say it was best they made an original character.

rufusisaghost

I'm incredibly glad they came up with their own for the main character. I think the game would have been annoying if Donald was the main character, and just eh if it was Mickey. I think they did a good thing here going with an original character.

MegaCore5

Awards
Well in hindsight I am very happy they went with Sora since he is a good character and I'm happy they didn't make Donald the main protagonist. I don't have a problem with him but I know many people who don't like him much as it is let alone if he was the main character. Mickey would've worked (heck I still want to have a prolonged time to play as him in a KH game) and if he had been advertised as the main playable character KH1 might have actually sold even more. As for my official pick I'd say it was best they made an original character.
. I think Donald could've worked as the main protagonists because of his quirky personality and likability. Although it wouldn't make sense for Mickey to be Donald's sidekick either. So maybe they could have gone with Mickey!

Gram

Banned
Awards
Had kH lacked the charm of it's original characters I highly doubt many of us would be here.

MegaCore5

Awards
Had kH lacked the charm of it's original characters I highly doubt many of us would be here.
Indeed that is how it all started! KH 1 had more charm than storyline and it hooked us all in, (Young teen Sora was definitely the cutest thing ever!) And KH2 is more of a darker and mysterious game because of the organization.

Heartless Sora

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I like the fact that they had Sora as an original main character. I wouldn't really like Donald as the main character because I would honestly find him as an annoying main character. Mickey as a main character? Well, I don't really like that idea because it seems like too many Disney games have Mickey as the main character! I like Sora as he is a well-made original character that I feel really makes this game great with his personality and motivations! So, I'm glad that Sora was the final decision for the main character.

Sdog

Awards
All I gotta say is, thank the heavens that didn't go that way. While don't get me wrong, the disney properties are a big part for me and I love them, the original characters are what keep me around. Plus if Donal were ever to have been the main character I don't think I would've picked it up.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Donald: "A scattered dream that's like a far off memory... A far off memory that's like a scattered dream... I wanna line the pieces up... yours, and mine..."

Thank Glob that this didn't happen.
I definitely think the best choice was made. Just trying to picture what things could have been like if either Donald or Mickey was the main protagonist is certainly...interesting. I don't think the series would have lasted as long as it has if we didn't have Sora. Heck, it may have even been just the one game.
Things definitely wouldn't have been the same, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back