• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Organization of the Remixes was short-sighted

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

appleboy82791

Awards
I wanted to bring up something I don't think anyone has really talked about on here before. But I'm sure other out there have thought about this. I think that the Remixes should have been set up differently. I'm not really talking about 1.5, mainly just how 2.5 and 2.8 should've been different.

So the way things are now, 2.8 really is a great introduction to KH3. The title alone, "Final Chapter Prologue", illustrates what it's being made for. In 2.8 we're going to get KH3D which shows the lead characters' events immediately prior to KH3 and shows their goals in KH3. KHX Back Cover will provide some larger perspective to KH in preparation for how it affects the events of KH3. And it looks like 0.2 is going to lead into KH3 well because it eases the merge of the previous heroes with the main heroes of the series. So the way 2.8 is now, it really does serve its purpose as the Final Chapter Prologue.

Before I go any further I want to say that I do not think this was a bad way to do things. It definitely works. And it's clear that it is also very important from a marketing standpoint. 2.8 provides a way for new players to more easily get into the KH story so KH3 makes more sense. Basically, 2.8 exists (or will exist) to increase sales for the eventual KH3. Otherwise, the massive hype for KH3 would really just be limited to long time fans of the series. 2.8 allows for the massive hype for KH3 to extend to everyone.

However, from a certain perspective 2.8 is fairly disjointed. In it we have 3 entirely different stories that have nothing to do with each other (other than the fact that they're all required for understanding KH3). So on its own 2.8 doesn't work. What I'm suggesting is that in future hindsight (after we have all played KH2.8 and KH3) will just be awkward. So here's what I'm suggesting would make more sense from a storyline perspective:
- KH1.5: No changes. It works. It's fine.
- KH2.5: Should've included KH2FM, Re:Coded, and... (wait for it)... KH3D
(It wouldn't make sense to call this suggested bundle 2.8 so...)
- Theoretical KH0.5 (or whatever you want to call it): This would include BBSFM, 0.2, and KHX Back Cover

I'm sure a lot of the benefits of this setup are obvious to most of you if you were to think about it. I'll just mention the big points. Of course, the chronology of the series is far more coherent with this setup. This makes the larger story more easily understandable. With this setup we get 3 distinct periods with no confusing crossover. Also, the connection between BBSFM and 0.2 is very obvious. It's really one continuous story. We practically already played the start of 0.2 in the secret episode of BBSFM. It makes more sense to have them together. There's also a pretty clear story connection between the Keyblade War/KHX era and BBS. The final major battle in the story of BBS occurred in the Keyblade Graveyard. Do I really need to mention the countless other ties and direct references to the KHX era in BBS? It's also worth mentioning that with this setup each collection has a final mix game. It essentially spreads out the 3 major KH games (BBS, 1, 2) and has each final mix game with its corresponding supporting games.

Let me know what you guys think about this!

Just for fun, here's some potential names I came up with for my completely made up KH game collection:
KH A Link to the Past, KH BBS X, KH HD 0.5 Origins, KH HD 0.5 X-Blade Unchained
I'm not very creative. Go ahead and post other name ideas for this. I'm sure there's far more creative people than me out there.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Naaaah. I like the way it is. It's chronological, so everything's fine imo

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Why exactly?
I get the connection between 0.2 and BBS, but seriously. 2.8 is meant to guide us directly into KH3 and BBS, in my opinion, wouldn't do that at all.
Besides, they would've had to remake 3D for the PS3 instead of the PS4 (and the PS3 controller doesn't have that handy-dandy touchpad) in like...when? 2014? Two years after the original release? Meh.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Having KH3D be played before BBS seems like a pretty huge mistake, lol. KH3D spoils BBS in many ways. It references BBS a lot. A lot of its impact comes from everything before it. Having KH3D release/played before BBS just so that BBS and 0.2 can fit together a bit better is a little silly and missing the grander picture. We also know that 0.2 takes place right after KH3D, like, it fits fine where it is. And it's honestly probably better that we didn't have BBS and 0.2 bundled together because then the story would feel samey. You play through the Secret Episode with Aqua in the Dark Realm only to boot up the next game and... play Aqua in the Dark Realm again? 2.8 is balanced in a nice way because each of the three parts are pretty distinct yet all work together, too.

Honestly, they did a fine job in their organization of the remixes.

appleboy82791

Awards
Besides, they would've had to remake 3D for the PS3 instead of the PS4 (and the PS3 controller doesn't have that handy-dandy touchpad) in like...when? 2014? Two years after the original release? Meh.

Actually, I've always thought that the Remixes should've been made for the PS4. It would make it even easier for newer fans. Anyway, I really don't think the lack of a touchpad is that big of a deal. SE already has to completely change how the controls work.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
No, we don't know that. I'm pretty sure it has never been explicitly stated that 0.2 happens after KH3D.

Uhm, yes. We know that the events of 0.2 will lead directly to KH3, so it's pretty safe to assume it takes place after 3D.

Muke

whatever
Awards
No, we don't know that. I'm pretty sure it has never been explicitly stated that 0.2 happens after KH3D.
It takes place after 3D. Have you watched the Trailer? It could even play literally right after DDD ended (With Riku and Kairi being in the tower).

Mickey tells them the story about how he met Aqua. And what we play happens after BBS. Probably where we left off in the BBS Vers. 2 Trailer, with Cinderella's Castle.

Edit, ninja'd

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Yes, we do know that. It opens with Mickey telling Kairi and Riku the story of how he met Aqua in the Realm of Darkness. The framing device is Mickey telling this story, and we've even been shown this cutscene (in fact, it's like the only cutscene we've been shown). And we also know that 0.2 was literally taken from the beginning of KHIII.

Can you paint a picture of the exact period it will take place in?
Nomura: I cannot say (laughs). In the introduction, Sora is setting up for a new journey, there is an episode where the King begins to talk about things he has previously kept to himself. “KH0.2 BBS” has a very close connection to ”KHIII”.

Nomura: Actually, we prefaced to it in the secret episode, but in the opening, just before the new journey in [KHIII], we'll tell you about King Mickey meeting Aqua again, who has been hidden away all this time...it will be that kind of introduction.

appleboy82791

Awards
Well apparently I'm only making enemies with this. I'm not saying that this idea is better. The way things are is clearly the better option. I'm not even saying that I like it better. I'm just theorizing and pointing out the merits of this idea.

We have eyes, we know it does because Yen Sid is briefing Kairi in his tower. When would that have happened if not after 3d?

That's a pretty huge logical leap. That could easily be several other things. Especially considering that they weren't ready to reveal Aqua's face in the 0.2 trailers yet. It could be some kind of flash forward or flashback or simply be a scene somewhere in the game to provide some context.
What I'm saying is that 0.2 could be the story behind when Mickey mentions that he met Aqua in the realm of darkness once. It's entirely possible that 0.2 is a flashback. The whole game might be Mickey telling them the story. Either way is possible. Or maybe it's a little of both. We shouldn't jump to conclusions.

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
That's a pretty huge logical leap. That could easily be several other things. Especially considering that they weren't ready to reveal Aqua's face in the 0.2 trailers yet. It could be some kind of flash forward or flashback or simply be a scene somewhere in the game to provide some context.

Oh my god, dude. The framing device for this story is Mickey telling Kairi about Aqua. That happens after 3D. Aqua's story picks up immediately after the BBS FM secret ending and takes place during the time of KH1 when Mickey was in the Realm of Darkness. That much we know.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I mean, I literally posted Nomura quotes where he flat-out states that 0.2 begins after KH3D with Mickey telling them the story lol

appleboy82791

Awards
I mean, I literally posted Nomura quotes where he flat-out states that 0.2 begins after KH3D with Mickey telling them the story lol

Clearly, we're abandoning logic and reason here. Please refer to my previous post. Once again, it's possible that Mickey's story is 0.2.

Anyway, that's not what this was supposed to be about. We've gotten off topic.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Clearly, we're abandoning logic and reason here. Please refer to my previous post. Once again, it's possible that Mickey's story is 0.2.
The diddly? That's what we've been saying the whole time. That the story starts right after KH3D with Mickey telling Riku and Kairi his Aqua Story as the framing device, and what we play is his story.

And you were the one who challenged the idea that 0.2 starts right after KH3D.

On the larger topic, you don't address the inherent problems with playing KH3D before BBS.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
On the larger topic, you don't address the inherent problems with playing KH3D before BBS.

Imo you could even say that playing DDD before any other title except 0.2 is bound to create problems as it more or less brings everything from before together.

X Back Cover may even stand outside the whole thing to a degree as it holds mostly background information important to KH III itself and is largely irrelevant to the direct chain/story BBS-KH 1-CoM/Days-KH 2-Re:Coded-DDD depicts.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Imo you could even say that playing DDD before any other title except 0.2 is bound to create problems as it more or less brings everything from before together.
Narrative-wise, yeah, but it's much a much better choice than, say, Days or Re:Coded. It at least explains all the shit that went down earlier. Would've been good to know. x'D

appleboy82791

Awards

X Back Cover may even stand outside the whole thing to a degree as it holds mostly background information important to KH III itself and is largely irrelevant to the direct chain/story BBS-KH 1-CoM/Days-KH 2-Re:Coded-DDD depicts.

Definitely. You're right. Now we can actually talk about why. It would be hard for there to not be problems. That's pretty much to be expected considering the order they were made in. But I'm not so sure it's a deal breaker. Obviously there's all the talk of the Mark of Mastery and TAV appearing in a few scenes but do you really think that matters so much? Why is it so bad a thing to have some random characters appear that we don't know who they are yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back