• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The ORG [Completed]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Re: The ORG

Ooh. This one is actually a little longer, and dramatic. :3

Chapter 12 – Weight On Your Shoulders

“You should know that whatever circumstances lead to you holding a Keyblade are extraordinary, at the least.”

Jynx started to walk back from whence he came, through a large arch in the dome. The dome itself was not even really complete; just a series of arches making a large half-sphere.

He did not look back, preferring to leave and not tempt himself.

“You being a Nobody.”

The yellow-eyed Nobody faltered, ever so slightly, and Kaxsra capitalized on it.

“Not having a heart, what could this mean…?”

“What could it mean?” Jynx asked stopping, but not facing him.

“Frankly, I don’t know.” Kaxsra said, shaking his head. “But really, I would love to find out. It would only require a small amount of cooperation on your end.”

Still no eye contact, but Jynx could not help but think. He could find answers, but at what cost?

“I’d rather stay true to my allegiance. I’m sure your people wouldn’t want you running around with my kind anyway.”

Kaxsra let out a short laugh, and leaned back on the console.

“I hold no personal obligation to my side.”

So he was the traitorous kind? Or perhaps just one who prioritized on getting to the Keyblade. If it really was that special…

“No, I don’t want anything to do with you.”

“Do you really mean that…? Even with all the weight soon to be on your shoulders? Why, I don’t think I even caught your name.”

“Jynx.” He said, turning. “And the next time you see me, you better hope you have something to defend yourself with.” Neither moved for a couple minutes.

“Jynx.” Kaxsra said, taking a step forward. “The next time we see each other we could be on the same side! Just accept the offer, anytime, and the power I can give you will be beyond your imagination. You have so much to learn. You have a legacy to uphold! I’m only asking for you to come with me; everything else will convince you what you should be doing-”

“No! Jynx!” Shouted a voice from someone hidden nearby.

Each Nobody was as surprised as the other, and both searched for the source of the voice. They did not have much of a chance before someone jumped down from the arch above them, in a blur of pink and blue. Noraxeen stood with her sword pointed, impressively with one hand, at Kaxsra, the other alight in azure flame. The first thing Kaxsra saw was the fire, and his eyes widened right away.

“You again; you keep messing things up!” Visibly frightened of something, he slowly backed up to the computer, hands fumbling behind him on the large, glowing keyboard.

“You’re the one always up to something.” Noraxeen said, waving the sword around. Or maybe it was just kind of heavy.

“I’m serving my purpose.” Kaxsra said, the corner of his mouth jutting up when he felt the right button. “You, on the other hand, are interfering, and we can’t strive off from what was meant to be.”

He pressed down on the button, hard, and the holograms drifting behind him blinked away. They were almost instantly replaced by pulsating tendrils of electricity. Kaxsra lowered his head and dived out of the way before the energy completed charging up and fired on the pair of Nobodies.

Noraxeen, already overwhelmed by her attempt at saving Jynx, could only watch in shock.

Pardon the pun.

So Jynx took the initiative to protect them both, and came forward, casting a strong Reflect spell; surrounding them in an orb of glassy light. The lightning though was persistent, and the ground shook when it hit the shield. Machinations around them acted violently when electricity struck them, and the two could see nothing but white for a few troubling moments.

~~~~~

A large gate towered about Cinollex, only visible in its entirety by the azure torches that went up to the ceiling. It looked like it was made of dark, gray stone, with some unknown symbol etched into the surface, taking up most of the daunting height. She stood quietly in this suddenly tall and wide clearing in the catacombs, inspecting the door. There was a small indent that was only as high as her shoulders.

She went up to it, not in any rush, and knew what to do upon noticing the indent was a small circle. She tugged her sleeve back and brought her hand to the hole. The silver bracelet was glowing more than it ever had, as if reacting to the door, or something nearby. Was there something special on the other side of the door?

Well, Cinollex knew, obviously. She came to the Underworld with a goal, after all.

Knowingly, Cinollex inserted her hand, and wrist, into the opening. The hole took on the same glow as the bracelet. The stunning silver light flowed from the small circle, into the etchings on the door. Within a matter of seconds, the door was a brilliant mix of silver and gray, doing a better job of lighting up the caverns than the azure torches ever could. One felt sure that it could fill every cave there.

Cinollex removed her hand, letting the gate swing open on its own. Slowly, it went inward, grating on the old rocky ground. A number of stalagmites could be seen falling from above; the doors had not moved in years.

And behind the doors, a room, pitch black, seeing light for the first time in quite a while. It was a very spacious room, for no reason other than to look ominous. It did give Cinollex some sinking feeling, to look inside; like some great weight was being pushed down on her back. But once she stepped foot past those doors, there was something that made it all even creepier. A small blinking light, gradually becoming more vibrant and stable, was in the middle of the vault. The color was similar to that of the bracelet she wore, only a bit darker; more on the gray side.

As well it should. It was not supposed to be an exact copy of her current one, anyway.

Minutes later, the dim, foggy glow revealed that the sister bracelet was sitting at the tip of a spire of some gothic design. A narrow pathway wound around it, and Cinollex gave a brief sigh of exasperation, not expecting to walk so much today.

She did not have to go very far before having some form of excitement thrust upon her, though. Behind her, back through the impossibly tall doors, was the sudden sound of fighting; two people were locked in combat and had somehow made it all the way down here. This was, as any sensible person would observe, pretty puzzling. Her walking would have to change direction for now.

A man with long brown hair, and one with messy blonde hair, both wearing black coats, were throwing punches and

“What’s…happening?” He asked out loud. Though the volume made it seem like it was to himself; his voice was reduced to a whimper, and he was feeling cold. The liquid nitrogen guy feeling cold? Really?

“That’s how it works down here.” Dryxaim explained, arms starting to coat themselves in misty armor. “Heroes won’t get any of their powers. Though I can’t believe you’d be considered one.”

Smirking, in a very evil, non-hero way, he brought his fight back, going in for a finishing beat down. Just before he could apply his fist, however, a bolt of silver proceeded to come out of nowhere and hit him in the side, sending Dryxaim flying into the cave wall.

Cinollex’s powers obviously transcended some silly Underworld rule. One of the things Hades loved about her.

Dryxaim coughed, rubbing the dust out of his eyes, and saw Cinollex coming at him at only a slightly increased pace. Her right hand was a dazzling display of mystical energy; it trailed behind her, fading into the air in a ghostly way. She prepared another blast, and Dryxaim retaliated by struggling to his feet, more tired than he thought from his fighting with Charxai, and attacked Cinollex with a barrage of nitrogen shards. The second shot vaporized any that came near her, and Dryxaim was again sent into the rocks behind him.

Desperate, he focused on the band around her wrist, harnessing some electromagnetism. The material the bracelet was made of was impossible to decipher, and it was hardly magnetic. His accumulated powers were useless. He needed…whatever she had.

When Cinollex came close enough, she was not paying attention to Dryxaim’s eyes turning gray and cloudy. When they did, his mind went into euphoria, and he had to try and contain the rush of sensations flowing through him in that moment. The power from Cinollex was photocopying itself into his body. For an instant he could feel every bit of godly potential; the secrets of that thing on her arm; and the pain and pressure of what the power he was absorbing meant.

But any ability he had to empathize quickly turned into pure, malicious intent.

He opened a Corridor to his side and sluggishly crawled through it.

~~~~~

As this series of events played out, a Corridor opened up in the very same world Brixan was in. Two Nobodies emerged, and calmly made their way to the nearby palace.

~~~~~

The dust has settled, and once the electricity has dispersed, leaving only sparking circuitry around them, Jynx lowered his defenses. Keyblade held threateningly, he looked for Kaxsra, expecting another attack. To his surprise, it never came.

“Hey!” He called out, pacing about the circular room. To surprise him further, or just get on his nerves, the inquisitor that invited him there had left.

“I think he’s gone.” Noraxeen said, following meekly.

“Augh. Why? No, he knows he’s going to see me again. He’s going to try and…I don’t know. Try something?”

“Maybe?” Noraxeen tried to agree. She brought her arms up, hugging her shoulders, feeling downtrodden. A fist went to her chin as she thought, and a second later her eyes lit up. “But, we can track him down!”

Jynx just shook his head. He went to the console for some kind of help.

“No, no. I switched off the tracker, it just…Why did I do that again? Why did I even come here?” He punched a floating projection that had appeared. It flickered while his hand was through it.

“I don’t mean that.” She said, grinning, going up and pulling him around. Noraxeen turned him, and opened a Corridor at the dome’s entrance. “Trust me, let’s go!”

Jynx was prepared to trust anyone’s judgment more than his own at the time. He would go with her, and maybe find some redemption for letting that guy get to him.

~~~~~

Xoje wiped his forehead of sweat, and unzipped his cloak to provide some cool relief. He preferred being cold. Oh well. He jumped up to a high window, then to a roof, in a kind of unexpected display of parkour. What was he supposed to do, even if Brixan was still around? If he had finished his mission then Xoje had no business here. In that case he would need to move on quick. Hopefully not too many people to fight, he needed to find the others soon.

He just hoped Noraxeen would keep her promise.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards

Lol Xoje's stripping.

But this was pretty great, once again. Also Cino and Dryxaim and Charxai. <3

Lumine

When your Mask falls, what will you see.
Awards

Another great chapter :D.

I wonder what Cino's new other bracelet do x3.

Izayoi

galactic cancer

Chapter 13 – Timing That is Obviously Just Coincidental

By sheer coincidence, a series of events occurred with just the right timing. Conversations played out just right, so that friends and enemies in completely separate worlds were nearly finishing each others sentences. Random and independent triggers somehow let individuals fall into positions that would either grant them power, or knowledge, or humiliation. In some cases, these events would spiral out of anyone’s control, bringing misfortune to most. This is obviously only coincidental.

As this series of events played out, a Corridor opened up in the very same world Brixan was in. Two Nobodies emerged, and frantically looked around, wondering where their leader had sent them. A stroll into the crowded streets, where the sun beat down heavily on hundreds of civilians, merchants, and camels- they were in Agrabah, without a doubt.

“This is where Brixan went, isn’t it?” Xanele asked, putting a hand to her brow to block out the sun’s rays.

“Not sure. Think I missed that meeting.” Replied the other girl, leading Xanele to a place where they could catch their breath. They had just come out from a fight, after all, and deserved some rest. It was not about to get in the way of any exposition anyway. Why would they just skip discussing some big occurrence that could easily explain some of the strange events taking place?

~~~~~

“Because he has information and I need it.” Explained the female Nobody, who apparently has a knack for abruptly entering with the most bizarre timing.

Her subordinate had his hood up, and was the one who knocked at her door earlier. He had told his leader that the visitor she was expecting had arrived, albeit late, but was waiting for her audience. However, knowing who the contact was, the man now following his superior to the meeting room had no idea why she would be meeting with him.

“But, it’s a risk.” He warned, an emphasis on the ‘s’ with a slight hiss, a usual speaking quirk.

They were before the door to the meeting room. The young woman turned to Arxyn and gave a mock, teasing smile and patted him on the head.

“Then I’ll have you out here to protect me, hm?”

~~~~~

“You’re lucky I’m here to protect you.”

Cinollex helped Charxai to his feet, who was a little dazed from the near-constant fighting he had been through. Both of the Nobodies had had various body parts slammed against walls and other immovable objects with nigh-unstoppable forces, so feeling numb in some areas was not out of the question.

“Yes, yeah, thank you. Where…?” He blinked, looking around, mostly at the bright light far down in that gaping cave nearby. “Where are we?”

“The Underworld.” Cinollex said, helping him wobble alongside her. “And frankly, I didn’t think I’d see anyone I knew all the way down here.”

Charxai began to walk on his own, preferring to go for the trek in the mysterious place on his own. He sniffed the cold, stale air, sensing levels of certain elements around them.

“Doesn’t seem like anyone’s been here in a while. You looking for that thing?” He asked, nodding his head towards the spire. “New toy from Hades? That’s fun.”

Cinollex rolled her eyes, and tapped her bracelet, the light intensifying as she drew closer to the other than ever before.

“It’s another one of these.” She told him. “I said I wanted to cause more trouble, and this is his gift.”

“Oh.” Charxai said, looking back and forth between the individual glows. He noted the difference in shades of silver. “Maybe when you get that one you can patch me up.”

“Nope. That one isn’t going to make it any easier for me to heal you. I still can’t do much unless you’re dead.” The last part she managed to say with an unsettling amount of indifference.

“Heh, too bad. What does it do, then? You want to kill for once instead of just bringing stuff back?” He chuckled to himself a little.

“That’s exactly what Hades said…and yes. That’s what I said. I‘d like a more effective weapon, and an itemized plane of death seemed like a good candidate.”

“Does sound like fun.”

~~~~~

Brixan could not help but think how much this was not fun.

Sure, he was usually assigned missions that had him perched somewhere far from the action, just like this. All day he had been hiding out on top of the tallest tower he could find on one corner of the palace. It was tough to find a place where the palace guards would not see him, but he was sure he had found a comfortable place to hunt from. Really, this was the life for him; sniping targets, but there was something missing, that usually made the job more enjoyable. This? Laying there in the hot sun, wearing black of all things, trying to make out his targets in narrow, crowded streets? It was frustrating, at the least. Staying prone like this was also enough to tempt one into slumber, but he had to stay alert and focused.

Yes, very alert. He knew his targets. They would be coming from one of those blind spots; there, there, or there. Yes, that was right. Not anywhere else. If they were anywhere else no that is silly they could not plausibly be anywhere else. He would have seen them.

His trigger finger felt electric. He zoomed in carefully, keeping his weapon steady, and…

He saw the two girls with red hair.

“Huh…?”

This distraction was long enough for him to miss the quick streak of black that was one of his potential hits. This was only one of them. They had both entered the world a good while ago, throwing caution to the wind and appearing somewhere far-off, out of the sight of their enemies. The one on the rooftops, moving so quick, was scouting the area for threats like Brixan, while the other was more down-to-business.

~~~~~

Which was evident, as he took few shortcuts on the way to the palace.

It was the essence of a Nobody close by. What made this one so special was how unfamiliar to him it was; not a scent that resembled a ninja-girl jumping around, nor a distracted man holding up a gun. Rather, it was more like a man chasing down a ninja-girl jumping around who knew that his distracted gun-holding comrade would not be helping him out anytime soon.

His sense of smell was pretty acute if you could not tell by now.

~~~~~

Equally acute, Dryxaim was beginning to find, was his hearing. It was a sudden and unexpected change that was giving him a splitting headache. Pressing his hand to his temple, he limped through the Castle That Never Was, already damaged by the strange powers that threw him into a wall twice. That was really the only thing that bothered him more than the head pain. Not the chest and back and everywhere else pain, but the idea that there was some power out there that he could not understand or manipulate. He would have to try to see if he had absorbed it first.

But now he needed to find his healing friend and get a little boost from her…oh god that noise was getting unbearable.

He tried his best to tune it out, maybe turn some figurative knob that had appeared on his brain thanks to gaining this meddlesome ability. From who did he even get this from? Not Charxai, and that girl did her crazy stuff; so that must mean it was someone in passing. But who? It only made his headache stronger to dwell on it too much.

“…Those under my protection were attacked…I’d like to know the meaning…was this you…”

Wait what.

“…I don’t have any intentions…at least not yet…”

Who is saying these foreshadowing words.

“…Do not act like such a child…reason for this was…how responsible…”

Okay maybe it is the hearing powers that would make sense.

“…They’re all psychopaths, I can’t…you attacked us first…”

“…And you know who we lost…I know what they meant to…”

Brain knob! Where is it? In need of figurative control panel!

Dryxaim ran along the wall, listening to the voices grow louder in his head. He felt like he could feel the sounds bouncing off of the walls, the ceiling, and from behind things. Just like right here, where there should be a room. Now where is that door-

“Dryxaim.” Hissed a voice, flatly. Arxyn was standing right in front of him, his back to a door. He had gone unnoticed until this moment due to Dryxaim’s new fixation with sound waves.

“What…?! Augh, not so loud.” He held his head, and closed his eyes.

“This is quiet. We must stay quiet while the Superior is in her meeting.”

“Are you really guarding this room-”

“Shhhhh.”

"Whatever, I need to find Serox-"

"Shh!"

“Really.”

“Yes.”

“So you don’t know where-”

“Agrabah. Now leave.”

Dryxaim opened his eyes and rolled them dramatically, tilting his head back, hair falling over his ear. He continued down the hall, sense of sound unhindered by said hair, attempting to hear more without crashing into anyone else. The conversation, or argument, he was not too sure, had died down by now. There was only some whispering. This time, when Dryxaim honed in on the voices, there was one that was very clear, and quite distinct.

“…Xeyla…”

And upon hearing the voice, his head started to hurt a lot less. There was a plan rapidly taking the place of the pain. His pace quickened, and he made for the exit of the castle.

~~~~~

Kurix left the castle, shaking his head, feeling like he had not accomplished as much as he wished.

Last edited:

Muse

you look atrocious

pretty chill chapter bro

can't wait to see what happens next

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

dude what the hell is happening by is kurix not banging the bitches

Izayoi

galactic cancer

I really liked the coincidental timing. it made me all giddy with your clever use of plot transitions. jdskfjsggs :3
I eagerly await for the next chapter.

i can't wait either

except oh fuck i have to write it first .-.

dude what the hell is happening by is kurix not banging the bitches

there are no bitches nearby deal with it

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards

edskjjfgds so late.

I don't like to repeat myself but GREAT CHAPTER AGAIN and I want more. <3

Lumine

When your Mask falls, what will you see.
Awards

Agh! How did I miss the new one >.<?!

Awesome Chapter as always :D, I can't wait for a new one <3

Izayoi

galactic cancer

Working on new chapter. Should hopefully be up in the next few hours, or tomorrow night for me. Oh shit I'm getting up to the point where I stopped planning way ahead. :D;;

Muse

you look atrocious

it's okay i'll plan ahead for you

txamt is the big bad <:

Izayoi

galactic cancer

Ideas worth considering.

Okay I know I am slow but I promise I can do thiiis. Drama chapters coming oooooh with important information yay! Ironically I will actually have time for the chapter after this -because- I'm taking ACT's this week. Shortened school days woo. .-.

Izayoi

galactic cancer

Chapter 14 - Eternus Ignis

Cinollex lead the way up the narrow path that wound around the spire. The light cast from the artifact above revealed what looked like a limitless expanse of nothing around them. Faint gray only faded into foggy black. The abyss that surrounded them was indicative of the power that the item at its center held.

At the top was a stout slab where the eerie glow was coming from. They stood on either side of the square stone, looking at darkened silver circle where it lay. It was exactly identical to Cinollex’s other, except it was a darker shade. When Charxai examined it closer, leaning over the slab, he did find that even in its physical similarity, it gave him an unnerving feeling.

“Can you feel it?” Cinollex asked, lowering herself to his level.

“There’s…something. It’s different than your’s, but, I don’t know.”

“And that is just what it should be like.” Cinollex whispered, placing a hand to the second bracelet. It pulsated at her touch, humming silently as color shifted like clouds. She grabbed it, and pulled it up out of its long-occupied place of rest. There was a brief moment after she lifted the bracelet when they both took the time to check around them, eyes darting to their sides. Best to make sure there were no film-inspired traps hidden around.

Cinollex stood back up, and Charxai followed suit, watching as she lipped the bracelet into her left pocket. Somehow the light was blocked out by the cloak’s magical material.

“You’re not gonna put it on?” Charxai was surprised.

“No,” She said, patting it, as if to assure herself that it was still there after two seconds, “because that would be incredibly stupid. Besides, I don’t need it just yet.”

“Well, sure, I guess you did a good job of fending off Dryxaim with the usual one, but-”

“But, no one else can do what I can do with this.” Cinollex interrupted, raising her arm. As its light began to replace the one that had illuminated the cavern earlier, Charxai felt slightly warmer. Cold, still, but warmer to an extent.

“Yeah,” He laughed, “I guess you’re important enough as it is. Not like anyone else out there can just reach and pull someone out of, uh, dying.”

“You know it’s more complicated than that.”

“From when I’ve seen you do it you just disappear for about an hour and come back with the person you saved. Like that one time with-”

“Non-Existence is riddled with rules. It’s death, and it’s not easy to mess around with it.” She said, sighing. Cinollex then flicked her still-raised hand and opened a Corridor of Darkness to their side.

“Hades said I shouldn’t use one to get out of here, but the harm’s been done already when you arrived. Let’s get out of here already.”

The vault was left without a spec of light when they departed, Cinollex going against the words of the God. After all, Charxai and the other guy messed things up without her doing anything. If anyone wanted to get into the deep parts of the Underworld, there was nothing she could have done to stop them. The enemy Organization, with their Corridor tracker, could easily find their way down there. Not like there was much to find, but who cares.

And, as Hades would lament later, that was the problem with humans. Always thinking in just one direction.

~~~~~

“Ow!”

“Oh, sorry. I can hardly see in here…”

“Yeah me neither. Where did you take us?”

“Um. I’m not sure?” Noraxeen told Jynx, sounding uneasy when she spoke. The pair pushed their way out of the corner they were boxed into. Some heavy obstructions, alongside stacks of crates and other trash, was in their path. Jynx managed to squeeze through some large metal objects, and tried to catch his breath, getting only dusty air. As he gagged on the air, Noraxeen wrestled her way out as well.

“Oh, I think I know where we are now!” She said, smiling as she looked around. “Come on, let’s check.”

Jynx followed, and as they came closer to some tall windows on the other side of the room, some sparse, pinkish sunlight showed him that they were surrounded by huge bronze bells. They hung by rows and rows of wooden beams. He was beginning to get an idea of where they were as well. The sight they took in of outside confirmed his suspicions.

There was a beautiful view of Paris in the late evening, with the sky overhead mostly purple and dark orange. It was surprisingly peaceful, for the era the world was set in. A gentle breeze carried itself into the top floors of the cathedral, tussling the long hair of both Nobodies. Neither went to adjust their hairstyles, though, and just absorbed the serenity of the moment. Though eventually, Jynx was able to snapped out of his calmness when he saw the blue tip of his hair dangle in front of his eyes.

“So, hey.”

Noraxeen looked at him without moving.

“Why are we here, exactly?” He asked.

“Um-” She began before being interrupted.

“Maybe it has to do with how you found me back there in the first place?” Jynx questioned. It had been bothering him that Noraxeen had somehow showed up in that previously-unknown world when he switched off the only way of finding him.

“That, aheh.” Noraxeen stammered. “W-well, it’s hard to say. It’s, like, part of my powers? I found you because of the bad guy.”

Jynx felt some very warranted confusion, and asked for elaboration on this strange claim.

“After you left, I went upstairs. I wanted to find you somehow, but I didn’t know if there was any way to. Then I saw the staff that guy had. It broke, remember? He just left the pieces laying there.”

“Right, the explosion messed it up. Looked like the fire sucked all the power out of it.” Jynx said, recalling the angry man in mourning over his destroyed weapon. “It’s useless now.” Though now he had to wonder about that statement. Noraxeen shook her head.

“Not to me. I saw something on it. Something that my powers let me see. The staff guy left some trail behind, and I could see it leading to that world.” She held out her hand, palm flat and facing up. “It was the same color as…”

A small blue flame ignited above her hand. It was nothing out of the ordinary; the same fire she would normally generate to fight with or serve practical use. Jynx did however pick up on that the flame was very similar in color to that staff. This, both found odd, because it was unlikely this was just a coincidence. Noraxeen’s powers did not let her just have control over different-colored fire; rather, it was something special. Her abilities stemmed from a source that she and those around her knew was unique to her.

The Eternus Ignis, the azure flames that she could manipulate. A near-infinite pool of energy held within her body. All the Organization was able to use it for was combat purposes. Little did they know that individuals generations ago had attempted to harness the untapped energy for their own needs. In a lust for power they used it to fuel machines of war, or further advances in technology. The ignorance would shock anyone, that traces of Eternus Ignis from the past were littered all around, and lay unnoticed. The only thing making sure that dust did not cover them for centuries to come was the magnetism those that inherited the azure fire had towards remnants of their power. Noraxeen was only beginning to exhibit and understand this when she laid eyes on the splintered staff on the ground.

The yellow-eyed Nobody of course was unaware of the historical aspects of the powers; his knowledge was limited to what he had seen in person. With scarce information in mind, he walked away from her, pensive, occasionally raising his head to look at the city. After a minute of this, he snapped back around.

“Does that mean you followed him here?” He asked urgently. Noraxeen, startled, bit her lip.

“N-no. I followed something else. It wasn’t a person, but…I think it was another of those things.” She increased the size of the fire in her hand, and it swayed in the breeze, or at least it appeared to be. “Like the staff he used. Maybe I can just find them and it rubbed off on him enough for me to sense him too?”

The tip of the flame began to curve to one side much more dramatically, until it was bending in a most unnatural shape. Like a compass, it was pointing to the strong signal nearby, as if it was magnetic. Jynx and Noraxeen looked in the direction of the fire, and under the soft, azure glow in the darkening night, they saw one of the large bells right in their path.

~~~~~

Xoje had come to realize that the mission in Agrabah was beginning to fall apart. The enemies that Brixan had been assigned to take out were running under is radar with ease. It occurred to him that it might have to do with the stealthy abilities of the woman he was hunting down. She was quick, and scaled buildings with prowess. Xoje had to rely on strong leaps to keep up with her, but it was becoming more and more evident that she would be done scouting soon; she was nearing the palace tower where Brixan was. The next part of her mission, probably; extermination.

But even if that was not her plan, whatever it truly was she was about to veer away from it. There was a loud sound, like an explosion followed by shouting and screaming. It was not too far off. Xoje watched the woman’s head turn a little; her blonde ponytail twisted around from the extra movement. She was being smart and not wearing her hood in this weather, and showed off her very yellow hair, tied up in the back and streaming a good ways behind her.

Both her and her hair abruptly changed directions as the Nobody darted off towards the sounds. Xoje descended from the taller building he was watching from and prepared to catch or kill this one while she was distracted by the scene up ahead.

~~~~~

Xenjin made sure the coast was clear before inviting Xanele to follow her into the open city. They would have to stick close to alleys and under tents if they did not want to be seen by whoever Brixan was trying to take out. Or for that matter be mistaken for other Organization members. Figuring what would be best, they made for a crowded place where they could not be seen form above. The wide market nearby, with many covered areas, was a perfect place to recuperate and maybe buy a nice hat.

While this was happening, someone sniffed out Nobodies number four and five. Within moments he spotted them not too far away, near a hat stand; a straight shot down the marketplace. So that is exactly what he did; he took a straight shot down the market place. By picking up a sizable cart and throwing it at them.

Xanele saw it first, flipping through the air and blocking out the sun for less than a second. She channeled her powers into one hand, the armored one, and blasted the cart with a beam of rainbow-colored light. The attack turned the flimsy thing into hundreds of splinters of wood, nearly vaporizing it. Xanele was wondering if that had done more damage than it usually did. Did the Power Glove amplify it? That seemed impossible but likely.

Civilians quickly dispersed and cleared away from the debris, as well as the large man who started the fight, as he followed the path of his projectile. The two girls were ready for whatever else he decided to throw at them. Literally.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

If you're trying to say 'eternal flame' in latin, shouldn't it be Ignis Aeterna, since Lux Aeterna means 'eternal light'? I also think having the Ignis first makes it sound cooler :3

Otherwise, very nice chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back