• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The ORG [Completed]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Re: The ORG

Chapter 7 - Two Sides

“Noraxeen!” Jynx shouted up, as he blocked another hit.

His enemy was fast, and had great prowess with such a simple weapon, compared to his own. Jynx had actually expected to slice right through it, but it was made out of this strange blue metal-

Wait, no. That is far too exciting for the drama that is trying to present itself in parallel plotlines. Not to mention that would be jumping just a little too far ahead.

~~~~~

At the present moment the girl with pink hair sat alone in her room, on her bed, wearing a heavy pair of headphones. They were good for blocking things out as she indulged in one of many books borrowed from the library downstairs. Best of all they allowed her to do just about anything, uninterrupted by certain individuals who could make their voice ear-piercingly loud.

She crossed a leg over the other and leaned back in a comforting silence, oblivious to any noises on the other side of her walls.

~~~~~

Around half an hour ago that other girl with green eyes entered the Underworld by way of blind spot. That is to say, right outside Hades’ door.

She considered turning back, and just telling the others she had not received any leads. Why was she not doing that again? Cinollex kept asking herself this as she went up the dark stone steps. The whole place smelled like death and decay, as if she did not get enough of that every day.

Cinollex came to the room where the god resided, lit dimly by blue-flamed torches high upon the walls. The ceiling itself was unseen, and went up far enough to be obscured by darkness. At the end of the room, a circular table, and a ludicrously tall throne behind it. Cinollex walked forward, head tilting up to look for the Lord of the Dead, only to jump at a voice behind her.

“Oh, right, just walk in. Didn’t you get my secretary’s new number? Not like I had any plans anyway. Not like the Ruler of the Underworld has prior engagements.”

Her eyes were already rolling out of her skull when Hades strolled around.

“Had an appointment with Nemesis, but it can wait. Even if it means letting a little more vengeful spirit into the world. Long as I get to meet with the little roach, right?”

Cinollex kept her chin up, crossed her arms, and continued walking towards the end of the room. She clicked her tongue, and spoke casually, without intimidation. God, that was the last thing you wanted to show around him. Which was not to say Cinollex was frightened of anything Hades could potentially pull; she was just really annoyed by it.

“That’s pretty weak. I’m hardly like a bug; my eyes aren’t popping out of my skull or anything.” She shot a glance at him over her shoulder. He did not seem phased by the comment.

“Of course it’s appropriate, for you. You’re a roach. An insect. Irritating pest that just won’t die very easily. Isn't that right, mm?” His voice was rising, which entertained the girl. Maybe what she said was getting to him.

Hades had it out for Cinollex, to just the slightest degree. Someone who could play with death so easily, and influence the mortality of others… Maybe if she was stuck on her own world, sure, it would hardly affect him. But of course she had to drop by every so often looking for something; some little clue to her powers or an item she could use to screw over his domain and what it stood for.

“So what is it this time? You probably don’t want to bring some significant other back to life, no, not like the usual requests I get, you could do that on your own. You could start a freaking business doing that on your own.”

“I-” Cinollex started to speak, but was cut off right away, as Hades spoke on his way to the round table. She followed, sighing audibly.

“Want another clue to your powers? Some kind of weapon?”

He lent over the table, picking up a little clay figurine. It was of no one in particular, just a run of the mill man in ancient Grecian clothing, only a few inches high.

“Maybe you’re sick of breathing life into anything that doesn’t move, and you want to kill for once.” He crushed the little man in his hand with the conclusion of the sentence, letting the dust fall to the ground. A blue flame burst in his hand where the dust once was, and when it cleared, a second figure had taken the place of the first. The whole time his skin was changing to a distinct shade of orange, as was the fire on his head.

“Well, I think I’m getting sick of-”

“Yes.”

Cinollex had caught up with him at the table, and stood at the opposite side. Hades stared at her a for a moment, barely calming down enough that he was only the lightest tiny of blue again.

“What did you say?”

“That’s exactly what I want. I want to kill things.”

Of course she said it so archaically to mock him. What Cinollex was looking for was more than a gun or sword, and was such a mythic item that saying that it only ‘killed’ people would hardly be describing its function at all.

Hades stood straighter, gripping the figurine and tapping his chin with the other hand. He knew what she had in mind.

“I don’t see the point you know. There is no point. No, not at all. Pointless, even.”

“I intend to find it, regardless.”

“And even if I told you where it is, you little nymph, what would you do with it.” He laughed, fairly loud. Mocking, even.

Cinollex pulled her right sleeve back, revealing the glowing silver band on her wrist. Hades stopped laughing, and his face slowly contorted from joy to confusion to anger; finally settling on a nice complexion of disdain. That thing was not glowing the last time he saw it, and the times before.

“I want to get my hands on the other one.” She said, flatly.

The God did not nudge, but looked down, and then back up to her, or at least the bracelet.

“So you want access to the other side of your so-called ‘fated’ powers. Hmph. I don’t see why I should be giving you anymore power than you can’t already handle.” He began shouting, as if announcing to some invisible audience. “I mean, what? You’d just wind up blowing yourself up. Hey, would make me day, I’ll be honest, but then anyone else could just come up and grab it. I’m far too responsible a god to let something like that happen.”

The Nobody put her hand to her chin to mirror Hades. It was the same one that had the bracelet at the wrist. It began to glow just a little more brightly.

“You know I’m a responsible person, Hades. I can surely handle it.” Cinollex warned. The artifact grew brighter still. “But I can see where you’re coming from. You’re worried about me being too…irresponsible, if you will.”

As the radiance reached its peak, there was the sound of something shifting around, like sand. They both looked to the floor, where tiny particles of dust quickly massed together, and glided up to the table. There they spun in a little ball of brown and white and gray before simultaneously combining into a familiar image. The clay man stood, good as new.

Not really the thing Hades stood for, he started to enter his rage mode. He threw the newer figure he held to the ground and stomped on it, numerous times, orange flames rising taller from his head.

“Whoever decided it was smart to put that kind of power in those little, insignificant, roach hands I’ll never know!” He roared. Hades drove his heel into the ground, grinding whatever was between it and the gravel. Breathing heavily, he moved his foot to get a view of what would remain of the tiny person. His eye twitched. “You really want it this bad, huh? Think you’re cool for threatening a god like this? Someone who could easily wipe out entire cities because he didn‘t cover his nose when he sneezed?”

She had to admit she really felt like she had the power to do so now and it was nice.

“You really think you can handle what this thing can do, if you can even comprehend it?”

“You know, I really think I do.” Cinollex responded, not even making eye contact while nodding, and waving her brightly glowing bracelet around.

“Hmph.” He sneered, once again turning back to blue. “Then, I’ll make a deal with you.”

“Oh, I know how you love deals.”

“I do enjoy a good business transaction.”

“So what is it.”

“I’ll let you hang onto the…‘weapon’, which I’m sure an ignorant human such as you would call it. Easy, right? I just want you to keep it. Just you and only you. Then, when you’re done, and the what’s left of your body is scattered across the Styx, I would like it delivered back to me. Obviously not by you,” he muttered, more to himself than her, “because, well, you’ll be dead. Permanently, may I add. Your soul at my expense for eternity…” Suddenly he spoke up again. “So, we got a deal here?”

Cinollex knew his games, and how Hades was probably just trying to mess with her. There was no reason she would not have that thing glued to her arm the entire time. Who is dumb enough to lose something attached to their arm, anyway? She also had no intention of returning it; he was trying to scare her. How elementary, sir.

“Deal.” She said, holding out her hand expectantly. It was of course the one with the bracelet.

Hades reached out and shook, glaring at the artifact, then back to the girl’s face. It looked painfully smug, but he would hold back. All in due time, he thought.

He went on to instruct her how to get to the item she wanted. It involved navigating a series of long, dark, impossibly complex tunnels. Fortunately Hades told her of a few secret passages, and supplied a map, as he made it very clear to her, multiple times, to not use a Corridor of Darkness to get to the vault. It was very far down, as Hades made sure to lock the artifact away as tight as Tartarus. That meant it was away from his magical tracker-negating powers. Therefore anyone could see where she went without a problem. The last thing Hades wanted was a bunch of idiot mortals running around his secret catacombs.

They exchanged sarcastic good-byes, and Hades went back to dull routine. He walked around his game board and-

“Ow!” Stepped on something. He looked to see what it was.

It was the little figurine he assaulted before. It had some black fabric draped over it for clothing, brown hair, and two small green dots for eyes. It was completely unscathed.

From here on out, it would take Cinollex a considerable amount of time to make her trip, as well as plenty of time to go back up. So the transformation of informational drama to boring walking around was completed, meaning a much more thrilling perspective was to be jumped to. Preferably, an exciting battle between two sides of powerful beings.

~~~~~

The guns started to whirl up again. Kinxu, not condoning any amount of time for her enemies to relax, steadied her aim. Xanele started strafing, ready to avoid the blasts, and to fire back with her own charged weapon. In her other hand, a ball of rainbow-colored light grew in intensity, until she lobbed it, so that it arced perfectly and landed in front of the white-haired girl. She grunted, blocking with her arm and taking the explosion in stride, and began to fire upon Xanele, who was already taking cover behind-

Wait, no, shit.

Muse

you look atrocious

i am so totally confused by that ending YOU HAVE NO IDEA

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

AWWW YEEAH

I like where this is going

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards

OH MY GOD XANELE WHAT IS HAPPENIIIING
this is amazing ;-; I have to draw Kinxu now too, because I got a vision when I read the part about white hair.

also lol jezza "mad air bro" is not a reference to nitrogen bby <3

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards

Idiot edit it out if it's not meant to be there.
I still want more Kinxu. >:

Izayoi

galactic cancer

The chapter in which the shit hits the fan.

Chapter 8 - Lock and Key

Xenjin and Xanele did not even realize they were in Radiant Garden until Xemnas told them in passing. The portion of his old lab that they were in was just so deep in to the castle and unrecognizable from the decor of the rest of it that it was virtually impossible to notice. Lack of light, layers of dust; it was like no one had been down there for years. Xemnas made sure it would stay that way, as he abandoned this branch of his research quite some time ago.

“It was around when I started studying the mysteries of the heart.” He explained, searching for a light switch. “I came across a strange piece of equipment much like the one you found. It was also made of this blue metal, and harnessed the same energy. It’s almost limitless…ah.” Xemnas found a switch and fiddled with it, eventually turning on a series of lights attached to the ceiling in long rows, like fluorescent bulbs.

“See? These should be out of commission by now, yet they work.”

“So we’re looking for the stuff you found, in here?” Xenjin asked, inspecting a shelf of glass tanks and tubes.

“That’s correct. My private study down here is where I stored them. When I left I made sure they were locked up, but never came back. Though, I suppose it was only a matter of time after we found out about the DT that I would return. And here we are.”

Xemnas went to a barely-visible doorknob near a tall bookcase. He had placed it there to make it subtle as possible without being inaccessible. Just someone needed to, say, get to the stash of strange artifacts and he was incapacitated. He did not notice that the bronze knob was the only thing in the room that was not dusty. Xanele was through the door almost immediately after her superior, attracted to the copious amounts of blue light flooding out. Her Power Glove reacted to it, glowing brighter than usual.

“Wow, so…which one of these did you find first?” She inquired, going to a pedestal on which something blue and shiny sat.

“Ah, that one actually. One of my guards saw something bright in the distance and brought it to my attention. Would you believe I thought it was a weapon? Hah, no, it’s something more intricate. The shape and the design always made me think it was some key.”

And no this is not a reference to a key one would expect in a plot set in this universe. That would be just weird to bring that up already so far into the story. Obviously if a Keyblade was going to appear it would have by now.

It was a short object actually, blue, with an oddly craft handle at the end similar to that of a shovel. It was easy to see how Xemnas had mistaken it for a weapon, since it looked like a short sword or dagger. The jagged, long end had an obvious pattern when one looked closely enough, much like a common house key, only bigger.

Two cloaked men coming down the dark hallway outside would have found all of this information to be very interesting. Man if only they would get there faster.

~~~~~

Jynx paced back and forth. The beeping was getting louder and louder, and no one else was showing up. He knew he was alone in defending this part of the mansion now; the last line of defense against any enemy Nobodies and the key to keeping their home safe. Only he stood between them and…whatever it was they were trying to get to. Which was actually pretty questionable.

Was their only intent to come and fight them?

~~~~~

Xoje could hear it; the footsteps outside. Every blade of grass that was pushed aside under their boots, and every hesitant movement made as the intruder debated on how to enter the building. What Xoje was not aware of was how intuitive this Nobody could be without even realizing it; how he could avoid traps instinctively. That included Xoje himself.

It became quieter, almost an altering level of silence. This prompted Xoje to press his ear to the bare wall before him. Sounds no human ear could hear without assistance painted a picture for him of the outside, but no body-shaped image was appearing in his mind. It was disturbing and worrying. At least it was until Xoje heard the sound of the air begin sliced in half.

He leapt back as something struck the wall from the outside. Something long and sharp cleaved right into the wooden wall, sliding in and cutting down like it was paper. As soon as the intruding object left it hit once more, then again, then a fourth time until a crude quadrilateral was etched into the wall. A resounding thud made contact with the wood somewhere near the middle, and it collapsed inside, slamming to the floor.

Even though they were on the second floor, the enemy seemed to walk in slowly as the dust settled and Xoje’s eyes became used to the sudden sunlight. The person was actually a little intimidating just standing there. He could not help but notice a narrow face with sallow cheeks, and thin black hair draping down. His grey eyes were nearly invisible on his face. The man was wielding two claymores; one black and the other white, very broad, and with the angle he was holding them at took up almost the width of the hallway. Xoje regained a prepared stance, with his left hand reaching out into the air; his own weapon appeared in a flash of light. It looked like some kind of musical instrument, like an elongated cone, or bugle, about five feet long. Bronze, and decorated with silver symbols, one had to wonder how it could be used for fighting.

Xoje was not one of those people who would wonder, but he would gladly show anyone who did. Xando, standing not too far away, would try to finish things before he could. He held one of his swords back, the other forward, and charged forward.

~~~~~

Dryxaim thought that his new method of transportation could grow on him. He felt much cooler using the sword than just walking through Corridors all the time, and it surely made people admire him and or grow jealous of his air riding skills. A win-win situation, that he thought just looked awesome.

It was also better than Corridors because he would not be able to use them to get to the old mansion, nope. It would be pretty foolish to turn up via a portal right outside the base of your enemies, especially when they were probably all frazzled over an imminent attack.

“Oh well.” He mused to himself, smirking. “Guess I’ll just see how the guys are doing.”

He knew very well that they were spotted the moment they entered the world.

What he had no idea of was that Charxai had teleported right to the mansion after his initial defeat, and could sense his trusty sword as it came closer.

~~~~~

Now, while Noraxeen had blocked out all noise, it was very easy for her to feel all of the shaking. In fact, it was as if a wall had been knocked down right outside her room. That was a hunch worth investigating.

She opened her door to see Xoje locked in combat with a strange man in apparel just like their own. She gasped and summoned her weapon; a sword in the same style as Xando’s. It was long and broad, like his claymores, but made of a curious silver material, and seemed more intricate in design, with runes covering it.

“Hey, hey!” Xoje called, blocking a hit, then stepping backwards. “Don’t worry about me. Go to Jynx! I heard someone else coming in the front way!”

Noraxeen struggled with leaving Xoje behind, but knew it was best to follow his orders. She went for the foyer. At least it turned out her superior was right, because just about five minutes ago…

~~~~~

Kaxsra very proudly walked up to the gates before the mansion. There was a large lock attached to a series of chains binding it shut. He just laughed and whipped out his staff; a completely normal-looking metal rod. A few swift strokes of it over the gate, not just the lock, brought it to pieces. Kaxsra continued on, not flinching when eight or ten turrets rose up from the ground. They were armed and dangerous, but then again, so was he.

They shot lasers at him in rapid succession, but Kaxsra never stopped, only spinning his staff in protective circles around him, hitting every blast that came near, which was all of them. He hardly had any of Xando’s ‘foresight’, but he sure had sufficient enough hand-eye coordination. By the time he made it to the door, the shots had been deflected back to where they came; each turret a smoking pile of scrap. The door itself actually opened quite easily.

“So, didn’t try to be subtle, did you?”

Was what Kaxsra was met with as soon as he closed the door behind him. His eyes adjusted to the dark, musky room, and saw Jynx standing at the opposite end, between two staircases. His yellow eyes were focused right back at him.

“Only one?” Kaxsra said, ignoring the question. “I guess I can’t ask for much.”

He stopped walking, and spun his staff around a little; from hand to hand, behind his back and over his head. It was meant to be a silly intimidation technique, but Jynx just glared.

“Did you people come to fight or showboat yourselves?”

“Hah!” He exclaimed, letting out exaggerated laughter and running a hand through his dirty blonde hair. “That’s funny, I like you. You new here? I don’t think we’ve ever seen you.”

Jynx found the question to be mocking and annoying. No, he was not that new, but it was no wonder they never ‘saw’ him or whatever that meant. He had hardly ever left the mansion.

“…Never you mind. I don‘t really like small talk.”

“Getting right to the point, I see. Ah well. Do we duel now?” He asked, holding his staff with both hands.

“O-Of course we do.” Jynx stammered. Damn, that was unintentional, what was that?

To shift focus away from his follies, he called his weapon to him. It was the peculiar blade that always caused him so much trouble. He held it backhanded, so all he really saw was a thin chain dangling off of the round hilt. The rest of the sword was pretty wide, and spiked near the end, with three of the spikes longer than the rest. Jynx sometimes wished he did not have the Keyblade, or at least remembered why he did, but it was a very effective weapon.

Kaxsra faltered, and felt the grip on his staff loosen. Yes, he was just as shocked as anyone finding out at this particular moment that Jynx was wielding a Keyblade. Since it was not obvious or anything before this moment. At all.

…But it changed his opinion, as well as his intentions, on this man completely.

“Well th-then, sir.” It was his turn to stammer, not meant by him as well. “En garde.”

Both of the fighters went for each other. Jynx was forced into being defensive at first, bringing up his Keyblade and guarding against an aggressive hit by Kaxsra. He followed it up with an impressive series of slashes that involved movement of his entire body; he turned full around and then back, then back again as he brought his arm upwards. Kaxsra’s arms moved like lightning to make sure his defenses were not penetrated.

A back and forth pattern of offense versus defense continued until some explosive sound rocked the entire mansion. Kaxsra smiled at the noise, they had these guys trapped, lock and key, in their own home. Jynx grunted under the weight of a more forceful strike.

Simultaneously Noraxeen began running to find Jynx, as per Xoje’s command, about five minutes earlier. She made it to the foyer, finally, and was already halfway down the stairs when she saw her team mate in trouble. She paused in place, just entering the corner of Jynx’s eye, and was prepared to give support from afar.

There she was, Jynx saw, the girl with the pink hair. He had no way of knowing she was there via request though, and realized that she may have not known about any other enemies in the building, or what Xoje was doing and if he could have stopped them. He felt wholly responsible for whatever he was about to do in the next, say, thirty-seven minutes.

“Noraxeen!” Jynx shouted up, as he blocked another hit.

His enemy was fast, and had great prowess with such a simple weapon, compared to his own. Jynx had actually expected to slice right through it, but it was made out of this strange blue metal, which always managed to catch Jynx’s attention. Why did it look so familiar to him?

Last edited:

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards

Aaaaaaaah battles and more Dryxaim and more Duracell-bunny redheads <3
I love this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back