• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The ORG [Completed]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Re: The ORG

"The bickering was easier to ignore", bahah.
I love the way you picture her. <3

btw you should update more often, waiting for two days is too much for me ;A;
Also looking forward to Hades/Cino scenes. All the witty lines flying around, oh god.

but this IS my top speed ;-;

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards

I've told you before, and I'll tell you again.

Too slow.

Izayoi

galactic cancer

Bluh I spoil you all. THIS FAST ENOUGH?

Chapter 4 - Being Really, Fortunately, Clumsy

The buildings of the Twilight Town landscape jutted up at differing heights, the yellow stone they were comprised of blending in with the orange overcast. The only thing making a discernable rift in the land and sky was a crescent of green hills that rose in the distance, dotted with houses. It was peaceful, as the eternal dusk usually was.

It seemed like an easy mission, Charxai assumed. His powers would make sure of it. He could manipulate the element of nitrogen, which lead to a lot of potential uses. Outside of combat, such as now, he could sense levels of nitrogen in the air, and in other bodies. Charxai was entirely aware of how different a Nobody’s physical form was to a normal human, so in theory finding a Nobody when he knew there were only two there, should be simple.

Charxai emerged in a vacant lot behind some buildings, where trash was often loaded. He stepped over a few crates to get out of area, and emerged before a moving tram. After it passed, he was free to roam the common, full to the brim with civilians doing their shopping or just out for a walk. Charxai had absolutely no idea how we was supposed to find whoever this intruder was in the crowd, likely spanning multiple districts. He figured the best place to start was to look for someone wearing black. Easy enough.

Where that hole in the wall used to be was a likely spot for an enemy Nobody to be snooping around, he deduced. It had been patched up by earlier members, since it was such an obvious weak point in their defenses.

~~~~~

Jynx was sitting more at attention now, clacking away at the computer, trying to find what he could on Twilight Town’s Corridor information. Surely there was some database for this kind of thing they kept in case of emergency. Unexpectedly, due to rushing out of fear of being found out, he pressed the wrong combination of keys. Before Jynx could begin correcting himself, he realized just what he had made appear on the screen. It was a function he had not used yet, and looked like it was used for following those that recently used Corridors.

“Right, this does…huh.” He squinted at the monitor, seeing a purple line representing Charxai’s path.

By the looks of it, the machine also kept track of the darkness that still clung to the being that used a Corridor. The line behind Charxai’s dot faded away after a while. Maybe it was a temporary thing; the darkness would just evaporate in the Realm of Light over time. Charxai still seemed to have some left, himself.

As did another, who was disturbingly close to him.

~~~~~

Charxai ran his hand on the wall, making sure it was stable and without breaks, or other incriminating marks. Nope, things were all clear. He sighed and continued his quest, chuckling to himself at the thought that Jynx would have found this mission to be terribly boring if he was allowed to come.

Not to mention stupidly cramped. There were people everywhere. He guessed there was some kind of sale going on and that prompted the impoliteness, or maybe overpopulation was becoming an issue. Oh well, not much he could do and it was not like he came down here often enough to care.

Charxai shoved went and shoved through a line to some store, when someone crashed into him from behind. It felt like the stranger had ran into him with the intention of knocking him over.

“Oh, pardon me.” Said a voice behind him, calmly. Charxai stumbled forward.

“It’s uh, fine-”

He was cut off when an impulsive shudder went through his body. His veins went cold for a second, and then it was like his blood was being sucked out of his back with a big syringe. Charxai strained to turn his head, noticing that the stranger was still making contact with him. It was his hand causing that weird pain, pressed flatly to his back. Charxai was sure he was under attack, or being killed, or some combination of the two, but then the hand went away, and suddenly all of the bad was gone. This let him properly see behind him.

There, just as he predicted, a man in a black cloak, his hood pulled up. He was darting through the crowd, making for a low building near the tram tracks. Charxai scowled and made a mad dash for his attacker. His enemy was probably going for a blind spot to get out of the world fast, so Charxai had to hurry. Pushing a pedestrian out of the way, he leaped up to a ledge, and lifted himself over; the enemy member was already on the roof.

This guy was fast, Charxai realized. Even with the adrenaline pulsing through him, he had difficulty catching up. They leapt from building to building, occasionally having to scale higher ones. The hooded man was agile, and even had the speed to run up a wall without any difficulty.

The height of the buildings that served as their race track increased as they moved uphill. Charxai noted he must have been going for the train station, where the clock tower was. That must have been where the blind spot was. Landing on his feet, Charxai took a gamble in this guess and took a long jump across the street to try and cut him off. He started running faster, but then, so did his thought process. Why would he be going for a blind spot if he allowed himself to be discovered and tailed in the first place? Unless…

He slowed his pace, and finally came to a stop, looking over the open space before the train station and tower. The other Nobody, standing on one of the ledges, about two stories up on the tower already, slipped a hand into his pocket, then pulled his hood back.

His pale, red eyes, almost pink, met directly with Charxai’s.

~~~~~

“What’s that?” Xanele asked, descending the ladder into the sewer. Xoje followed after, doing his best to avoid puddles of unknown source.

“It’s some machine thing.” Xenjin said, inspecting it. She prodded the blue metal; it was a little over a foot long, with some transparent parts that revealed glowing mechanisms. Cautious, she picked it up, and rotated it around. There was a wide opening in one end, that went in nearly the entire length of the device. What was on the other end made it clear what it was; limp metal fingers stuck out.

“You found…a big glowing robot arm.” Xoje analyzed, tilting his head. “Hm. Let me see.”

Xenjin lifted it, and started to hand it to Xoje, only for Xanele to intercept it.

“Hey!”

“I just wanna see.“ She told him, eyeing it, then slipping it onto her left arm. It felt strange, so she switched it to the right, where it fit snuggly. Xanele flexed the plated hand at the end, hearing the gauntlet whirl around on the inside. “I can’t tell if it does anything- WHA-!”

Nearly all of them had a heart attack, both from Xanele spazzing out, and something shooting out, from the underside of the wrist, into the darkness of the tunnel. A second later they heard it clank when it landed; whatever came out was made of metal, attached to the arm by a thick chain. Xanele moved her arm around, careful not to activate anymore dangerous functions of the gauntlet, and watched the heavy chain sway around.

“Uh.” She said.

That is why you let me hold things.” Xoje scolded, reaching for it. Just then, something beeped.

“Oh damnit what did you do this time.” Groaned a uneasy Xenjin, stepping back.

Xoje reached into his pocket and pulled out a round, silver object.

“Sorry, it was just this thing. Something I use for keeping tabs on what tracker finds, aheh. One moment…”

“It looks more like something for applying make-up.” Xenjin pointed out.

“That’s actually wrong.” He told her. She totally was.

The girls went back to the gauntlet as Xoje flipped the remote open and pressed a few buttons. He reviewed the small, circular screen and went about trying to discover why it was beeping so incessantly. It loaded the information from the tracker, and Xoje bit his lip.

“Man, what…I have to go.” Xoje said, with the slightest hint of urgency in his voice. He was making for the ladder as he spoke.

“What’s wrong?” Xenjin asked.

“Nothing!” He shouted back, climbing hastily. “Probably just a glitch on the computer! Go on without me, don’t worry.”

They were worried a little, but tried to take his word. More poking around strange machines!

~~~~~~

It was painfully obvious when he stopped to think about it, but then again the enemy had never intended to let Charxai stop or think. He stared down the thin Nobody across the opening, wind blowing his blonde hair around at the height he was at. His face was narrow, pale, with some toned features. Overall a ghostly appearance with those eyes pinkish eyes.

“What are you doing here?” Charxai called out, demanding to know.

“Why, nothing. Just experimenting, I suppose.” The Nobody said back. That was just what Charxai thought he would say. He had been sent on a wild goose chase with nothing to gain. Though, that did not mean he would not be able to get some satisfaction out of this experience.

And right as he began to think about summoning his weapon, the other Nobody brought up his hand, forming a misty cloud around him. Out of the cloud, a number of sharp, frozen bullets formed. In an instant the cloud condensed into about twenty of them and launched themselves at Charxai, glimmering in the sun. So pretty to an onlooker below, so lethal to the victim of the assault.

Charxai conjured and brought up his sword in one sweep of his arm. Most of the shards simply hit the roof around him, harmlessly, while the others stuck to the broadside of his weapon. An ice user? Charxai thought. Alright, he knew how to fight those. Not like it should be too different from Cyolx.

Then he noticed more of the white mist coming from the shards, drifting over the edge of the roof. It was also pouring down from his sword, instead of melting, like ice should. The ‘ice‘ was sublimating. Suddenly Charxai felt concern.

He had not been attacked with ice, but solid nitrogen.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Grrrr makes me want to start writing fan-fiction but I have nothing to write about

But to re-iterate, yes, keep it coming.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards

I want to do bad things to dat pink-eyes blonde.

Izayoi

galactic cancer

I swear to god if this doesn't get to the next page and gets left behind by the next post.

Chapter 5 - The Things People Put on Their Arms

“So, how do I make the thing come back?” Xanele thought aloud, tugging on the chain. Apparently it went out pretty far, as manual reeling it in told her, but she had nowhere to bundle the chain if she ever did gather it all. “Geez, it’s like a magic chain-making arm!”

“Maybe.” Xenjin said, pulling the arm closer for a better look. “And maybe you should get this off of you before it blow up or something.”

“But I’m starting to get a feel for it.” She defended, bringing it to her chest. “Watch, I’ll do something good with it this time.”

Xenjin was against the wall when she said that, but her partner in crime explored the device with a far more easy-going demeanor. She twisted her arm, flexing the fingers in different ways and rotated her hand to try and push some invisible button.

“See let’s take it off now.”

“No, no. What if I fiddled with these glow-y things here…“ And that is exactly what she began trying to do.

“You do that. Don’t blame me when you lose that whole arm- AUGH WHAT.”

Her criticism was completely caught off guard by the device spontaneously flashing with a blinding white light, as if being activated by some careless messing with the controls. When Xenjin opened her eyes to check if Xanele was okay, she was shown the sight of Xanele commanding the arm a lot better than either of them would have imagined.

A couple of semi-transparent rings projected themselves and circled about the arm. Each one was segmented, and floated gently, going with Xanele when she moved. The yellow light they gave off was eerie and kind of soothing.

“Told ya.” She said to Xenjin, cheery, prompting some very reasonably surprised looks.

“That is not logical that you did that, what.”

“It doesn’t have to be. Look, maybe if I play around with these things I can make it do stuff!” She touched the edge of one of the rings with her index finger. It bobbed around from the contact, which was especially odd due to them looking like projections of light. Another touch with force let her spin the ring around, and stop it with another tap. Xanele took advantage of the flat side of the rings, next, pressing down on one of the segments. There was a quiet beep, like she had pressed a button, and the glove started up another light show, with more noise to boot. Something whirred and spun inside of it, and soon the chain that had been hanging out started reeling itself in.

Xenjin came and watched. It had gone out so far it took a good forty seconds before the end of the chain was in sight, with the large metal piece at the end.

“Hey look!” Xanele said. She quickly brought her finger to the same button and again pressed it. The chain stopped immediately, leaving the chain only a few inches long. A crescent-shaped blade was hanging off the end of it. The more skeptical of the two thought something was wrong with the way it looked, and picked it up, holding it up to the light coming off the projections.

There was dried blood all over it, and a good way up the chain.

“I think.” Xenjin said. “We found the murder weapon.” She looked to Xanele, who finished sheathing the weapon, and waved her hand around, somehow shaking the holograms off and making them dissolve into the air. Xenjin, by this point, was able to accept how she was suddenly able to do everything just right at the perfect time, and brought her along towards the ladder.

“Let’s get back home and show Xemnas.”

~~~~~

So, Charxai thought to himself, this person could very well have equal control over the element you do. Or not, and they’re just messing with you. Or they may not even know you have it! He needed to just go with it this time, and not worry too much. This was the heat of battle, and this Nobody wanted a fight now, and Charxai’s sword, Dusk, at the ready signified that he wanted it too.

The enemy member did not take the option of brandishing his own weapon, and rather ran up another level, taking the wall, and settling a higher ledge. Charxai watched another cloud of nitrogen gas begin to form around him, and realized he had no other choice but to mirror what his opponent had done earlier as a way to defend himself, and prepared his own arsenal.

What he could not be prepared was what his enemy did next. Charxai watched with shock as the Nobody turned and started running up the wall behind him. With some stunning lower body strength, the blonde Nobody kicked off of the wall and flew right at him, alongside the nitrogen pieces.

“Huh…?” He whispered, eyes widening, but then he gritted his teeth “Real smart!” Charxai pointed forward with his sword, sending at least fifty shards in the same fashion his opponent had. Have fun dealing with that, he thought, gripping his sword tighter.

But he was not the only one with a counter. The Nobody, pale eyes fixated on Charxai, turned his ranged attack into one perfectly suited for close combat. He put his hands together, and the sharp, frosty bullets rose up to them. Within no time they combined into a single mass, and it was being used as a match to the sword he was coming up to fast.
Not backing down, Charxai stood his ground, and gave his sword a strong, timed heave to slash him right across the face. The sword never hit its target though, and the stranger bounced off the sword strike with his new, blue, icy blade. He flipped through the air, and landed behind Charxai. His entire left arm was covered in frozen nitrogen, and a long, thin, flat chunk came out past his hand. A makeshift sword that doubled as protection, that he only made halfway across to get through safely. Charxai found it clever, but knew the element alone would not be able to stand up to his own weapon.

They both raced forward, and their weapons clashed with a spray of ice and mist. The crystalline blade was only stable for a short while before shattering, but the Nobody just jumped away and regenerated it. Charxai took the offensive, knowing he would not be able to keep up the routine forever, and charged at his now defensive enemy.

Then, for a moment, he thought he saw his eyes change color.

~~~~~

Jynx expected Xemnas to be returning back downstairs when the Corridor opened a few feet away. Surprising him was Xoje stepping out, in a hurry, barely noticing him and going straight to the tracking machine.

“Hey, what’s up, move.” He mumbled, shoving Jynx out of the chair and moving in, navigating the controls. “Hey! Did you not notice the sounds and the lights and the alerts?”

“Well, um. I was on this thing I hadn’t seen before and I figured it was normal.” He had indeed been watching Charxai and his enemy scuffle, and the fading trails of purple make a number of intricate patterns. Xoje shook his head and switched to the screen for finding recent Corridors that opened.

And there one was. Xoje saw that they had just missed coming in through a blind spot. How ridiculously fortunate for them.

“Is that..?” Jynx asked, seeing the dot in the outskirts of town.

“Yes.” He responded, flatly, rushing to another console behind him. Some of the mansion’s defenses could be activated from here, and buy some time if the enemies came too close.

“You know,” Jynx offered, “I can do stuff.”

“Good.” Xoje said, flipping switches. “Make sure no one dies. Go upstairs.”

He then rushed to the stairs, freaking out enough that he forgot he could just teleport. They had time, though, to prepare. He wished he had backup. How many were left in the mansion? Ugh, no time to count, he would check the lounge and some other rooms. He could really use Xenjin and Xanele about now.

Little did he know they would be getting back within the next few minutes.

~~~~~

The return trip was safe, thanks to Xenjin’s extrasensory abilities, and the two girls found themselves opening a Corridor before Xemnas’ quarters. Politely, they knocked, and he allowed them in.

“Oh, hello you two. Something urgent?”

“Well, um.” Xanele started. “We went with Xoje to The World That Never Was to find some clue-things, and…”

Xemnas showed obvious anxiety to see Xoje was not with them.

“But he had to go do some things! So he left before us and is safe.”

“Then we found this thing.” Xenjin concluded, pointing to Xanele’s armored limb. Xemnas looked over the infamous device and let them in, instructing Xanele to place the machine on his desk. Preferring not to remove it, or maybe just unable to, she instead placed her whole arm on his work space.

“Believe it or not, it looks familiar to me.” He said, going to a computer next to her arm. “Yes, I’ve seen other things like it in my time as a researcher. By the looks of it this is made of the same material as the others, and uses a similar power source.”

“So, where did it come from?” Xenjin asked, walking around to his monitor.

“I was never quite sure.” He said, digging around some old files. “But I suppose this is a better time than ever to pick up the research once more.”

Cleaning up a few papers and making one last adjustment to his computer, he opened a Corridor to their side.

“I had another trip planned, but this shouldn’t take too much time. We’ll go look where a few of my old samples were stored.”

“So we’ll find out where the Power Glove came from?” Xanele asked, picking it up from the desk with a heave. Xenjin raised an eyebrow.

“What did you just call that?”

“Power Glove.” She said, simply. “It makes sense, right?”

Apparently Xenjin did not agree, as Xanele could tell by her confused expression.

“That is an awful name and no one would ever name anything that.”

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards

Oh god you are making her so awesome. ;-; I have to draw fanart for this.

Also more Charxai/sexy blonde action plz. Those two make a great pairing, I noticed. /shot

edit//
STARTED ON DRAWING A BATTLE SCENE WITH STEAMY NITROGEN <3

Last edited:

Izayoi

galactic cancer

well isn't that something there are chapter titles there but no chapters. almost as if i'm SO INSPIRED i can just plan this shit out way ahead of time.

Izayoi

galactic cancer

The hours I put in for you people.

Chapter 6 - Incredible

It was only a short time after the three left Xemnas’ office that Xoje came barging in, seeking the counsel of his leader. Much to his misfortune Xemnas had already left to search some old laboratory.

Xoje lamented to himself, gritting his teeth, and headed back to the foyer. Jynx was already standing there, with news to share, that he told Xoje right as he saw him coming down the stairs.

“I followed the lines on the tracker. They’re coming, or almost here. I don’t know what happened to Charxai though, I think he was fighting someone-”

“Good!” Said the frantic one, patting him on the shoulder. “Now, is there anyone left in this place?”

There was an awkward silence that followed. Jynx shook his head.

“I think everyone’s out on missions.”

“Incredible!” Xoje exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air. “The one time they come at us, directly, and it’s just us. What are the odds?”

He paced around, thinking, and Jynx had no idea how he could be so stressed. From what he had seen, Xoje was adept at fighting, at least to the extent that a two-on-two battle should be nothing for him. Was it the idea of no backup and being attacked at their home? The psychological warfare must have just been getting to him. It was usually pretty difficult to predict his mood with his glasses covering half of his face. Oh well, at least he was more stoked for this. Finally the chance to really show them what they were all about. Jynx was hardly ready to let them knock down their numbers anymore.

While he was psyching himself for the fighting to come, Xoje dug into his pocket and pulled out the portable tracking device. He flipped it open, checked it, then threw it to Jynx.

“Here. If it starts beeping too loud then you’ll know they’re near, I’ll just keep hearing for them, don’t worry. I’ll go make sure no one is trying to sneak in, hold the fort in case they go for a straight-up attack.”

Xoje went upstairs, and down one of the added-on hallways that branched off into their rooms. It lead to the turret that held Cinollex’s room as well, so he would most likely be trying to get a good view of things from there. Jynx found it strange to think how they could just be scaling the building. Strange and unconventional. Incredibly unconventional.

~~~~~

Meanwhile, in the bordering forest, coming closer by the second, were two men in black cloaks. Both were of moderate, muscular size, and walked at a leisurely pace, not in any rush to arrive to their destination. They walked, one behind the other, with the man up front leading the pair. This was because he had the knack to avoid traps with just the right finesse. He had the foresight.

This trait came in handy, traversing the minefield of hidden turrets and cameras. Xoje played a strong in installing these around the perimeter of the castle, and even farther out, due to paranoia but what he called ‘preparedness’. Seemed like they did not have much effect, regardless of placement. Xando’s sixth sense allowed him to dodge things he hardly knew were there.

His partner that day, Kaxsra, just went with the routine. He knew it was best, and only cared about getting to the hunt inside that mansion.

“Go left here.”

“Right.”

Really was convenient.

“Watch that branch and don’t put your foot there. Might loose it.”

“Mm-hmm.”

Better than being chopped up.

“We’ll have to climb that tree now.”

“Fantastic.”

Kind of annoying at times.

Kaxsra lacked such talents, and was more of a physical fighter. Being skilled in martial arts made him cocky, and he was sure no one in that second-rate group could best him. He would be very hard-pressed to find someone up to his standards, though it might be quite the incredible find if he did. But again, that was totally out of the question.

Soon they came up close to the mansion, so that the remodeled old building was clear in their sights. Xando sat, crouched in the bushes, eyes closed and focusing on the area.

“There’s more defenses up close, I can feel it. Some turrets hidden. They won’t rise until we come near, but they’re sensitive.”

Kaxsra was standing near him, looking around for any signs of hidden weaponry.

“They seem very aware of us for some reason. Are you sure he told us the right place to enter the world?”

“No reason for him to lie.” Xando figured, standing.

In reality, there was.

“I’ll take the front door.” Kaxsra instructed. “You know all the ways around, so try for the sneak attack. Real simple. Try to get down to the lab or the old man’s office like we discussed.”

“Sounds good.” Xando said, starting to walk. “Think I’ll climb up around back. We can squeeze them from the sides if need be.”

“Just keep the objective in mind.”

“Right.”

The closer they came in the ensuing few minutes, the louder the tracker in Jynx’s palm became. The louder it became, the wider he smiled.

~~~~~

And as it turned out, his eyes did, in fact, change color; to something of a luminescent yellow. Though Charxai had trouble noticing in his situation.

His opponent made one more slash with his blade to defend itself before letting it break for good. The remainder of the solid nitrogen on his arm chipped away as he flexed it and quickly side stepped another blow. Charxai believed he had attained the advantage in this battle, finally, and was ready to land a lethal strike.

That was before his sword was grabbed by an invisible force, and tugged right out of his grasp.

“Charxai.” He said with a smooth but sinister tone. “I have no intention of losing to you here. I don’t want to kill you either. Beat you, maybe.” He smirked. “…But not kill. That would be incredibly stupid.”

Charxai met his smug attitude with a glare. His sword was just floating there, above their hands. His hand twitched, and he reached out for it with his mind, to return it to him for a quick attack. The other Nobody noticed his surprise when it failed to work.

“Interesting.”

“How…!” Charxai sneered. There was nothing he could do but jump up and grab it, which would be unwise considering it was a giant sword that someone else was controlling by magic. “How do you even know my name?” He asked, sternly.

“Why, we know all of your names.” He explained, gently moving his fingers to make Dusk dance in the air. “You could say we’re more experienced in information-gathering.”

“Are you implying something?”

His enemy just kept that contempt smirk on, eyes sparkling with little jolts of electricity.

“I guess we’re the more adept weapon gatherers too! I’ll just be taking this now.” And with that he turned, Charxai’s sword flying right into his hand. His next move, much more unconventional- he threw the sword to the ground on its flat side, and stepped onto it, like a big metal skateboard. It rose a few inches above the ground, and Charxai could see some sickened delight on his face before he started to ease towards the edge of the roof on his sweet ride.

This is incredibly stupid.

…He thought.

“You’re not taking anything!” Charxai shouted, and ran up behind him. His hand was coated in nitrogen and clenched into a hard fist. He could not see, but the mad bro on the sword-board in front of him went through another brief eye color change; yellow, to gray. This let him sense Charxai coming up. Gray to yellow, and…

Bzzzzzzzaaaaapppp

Bolts of electricity arced out of his hands. Looking over his shoulder was not even necessary; he knew Charxai was attempting the sneak attack. He also knew when he was pinned to the ground by the currents, writhing in pain, and trying standing with a spinning head. He did not even turn when he spoke.

“Dryxaim.” He said, as if telling the town. “Just so we’re equal on knowing who’s who.”

And Dryxaim rode off the building, dropping to the streets below, surprising plenty who were wondering about the man in black on a hover board. Charxai recovered as fast as he could, and when he checked the landscape before him, could see the fast-moving figure pushing through a crowd far away. His eyes narrowed, feeling the need for revenge.

He was definitely going to let pride get in the way.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards

Oh my god he just didn't use that sword as a hoverboard.
Why do you make him so sexy? ;____;

(also I spotted Homestuck references hoho)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back