• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Order of the Seven a.k.a. Snow White with kung fu

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
Snow White War: Disney's 'Order of the Seven' - The Spill Movie Community

While Universal and Relativity Pictures duke it out publicly and privately with their competing adaptations of the Snow White mythos, Disney has entered the fray with their own submission: a uniquely interesting film titled 'The Order of the Seven'. Rather than blandly adapt the classic tale (as Relativity seems to be doing), or making it a grrrl empowerment vehicle with Lord of the Rings overtones (as Universal seems to be doing), Disney has decided to go in a completely different direction and transform the fairy tale into a China-set martial arts saga. Yes, you read that right: Snow White as a martial arts saga.
'The Order of the Seven' takes the idea of the seven dwarves and transforms them into seven highly skilled martial arts masters, each from a different part of the world. Set during the 17th century, the disparate international masters are all part of a centuries-old order who have lost their way when a chance encounter with a fleeing Englishwoman and an unrelenting evil that pursues her gives the men a chance at redemption and a new path to follow.
Originally conceived as 'Snow and the Seven', the film has been in various stages of production over recent years and has had a variety of writers submit scripts, ranging from Michael Chabon ('Wonder Boys', 'Spider-Man 2') to Jayson Rothwell ('Malice in Wonderland'). Newcomer and visual effects designer Michael Gracey has been tapped to direct the forthcoming film, which may be unique enough in it's direction that it could easily surpass the other two adaptations.

Yup.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
It could be... interesting. Tron Legacy was great, IMO, and I think that if they make it like TL, it could be worthwhile.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
I am skeptical, but if this is pulled off well, I will love Disney forever.

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
I am skeptical, but if this is pulled off well, I will love Disney forever.
I agree with this also. This has so much potential to be so damn amazing and bad ass, but at the same time I can't help to think that this might be a little too bizarre.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
It could be... interesting. Tron Legacy was great, IMO, and I think that if they make it like TL, it could be worthwhile.

Tron Legacy... has nothing in common with this AT ALL. Tron Legacy was the sequel to Tron... The Order of the Seven is a spin off.

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. And this isn't even a spinoff, it's a reimagining. There will be elements of the original story, but the plot itself will more than likely be completely different.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Yeah... this is pretty incomparable to anything.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
a17417_dont-know-if-want.jpg

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
I don't think I'll know what to think of this until I see at list an image. At the least. The very very least

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I need a trailer... and even then I don't know. XD

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
I need a trailer... and even then I don't know. XD
Again, I agree
w-what did i just read?
iknowright

It seems like everyone is in agreement so far. They don't know what to think of it besides that it could quite possibly be one of the next great Disney movies if it is done well. All I know is that out of all of the Snow White movies in production (there are two others, not by Disney of course) this will be the only one I considering seeing. Until I see prodiction still or a trailer(s)

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I-I whut, I !....(Mind has been blown)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back