• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The one thing that REALLY pisses me off about Chain of Memories

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
This has bugged me since Chain of Memories was first released on GBA. Why in the hell isn't Deep Jungle in that game?! I didn't even like Deep Jungle that much, but it was the only excluded world fom COM. It would have been different if they excluded others, but the fact that they excluded just one and only one world bugs me and my ocd starts to kick in. I understand it was a GBA game, so maybe they couldn't fit another world in there. Alright, fair enough, I don't want a million posts using that as an explanation, because that could be perfectly true. The BIG thing that bugs me is that they would keep the hundred acre wood over deep jungle, whereas the hundred acre wood wasnt even mandatory, and the deep jungle actually managed to fit some story in there

I know its a stupid thing to worry about but dammit I just fely like posting it after not having anything to bitch about for a whilepeteumad

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
To the best of my knowledge, the company with ownership of Tarzan retracted the permission for Square and Disney to use Tarzan.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Apparently Disney had a dispute with Edgar Rice Burroughs Inc., the company that has copyright to Tarzan, and couldn't secure the rights to it for use in KH. So says wikipedia.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Aha, so there really was a reason for it then?! I don't feel as (strangely/stupidly) disturbed knowing that, but now I wonder what happened between the companies to cause the fuss.

Radar

Bronze Member
Aha, so there really was a reason for it then?! I don't feel as (strangely/stupidly) disturbed knowing that, but now I wonder what happened between the companies to cause the fuss.
For Tarzan getting a keyblade they didnt want it

Gram

Banned
Awards
it wasnt there cause diseny pisssed off tarzans owner.
to be honest i didnt even notice it not there until a year later.

A

Artorius Rex

Disney and Square Enix just couldn't get the owners of Tarzan into a deal to allow them to use the world again. It's as simple as that.

keybladealex

The reason the Disney doesn't own the rights to Tarzan is because of the movie they made. The family of Edgar Rice Burrough's didn't like what it turned into and (I want to say bought out/back) the rights from Disney.

But I also didn't notice it was gone the first time I played through.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Oh wow I didn't even notice Deep Jungle wasn't in COM, whoops.

Allister Rose

French Lover
of course they did, not much free roam was possile in kh that and they sucked for a reason. the reason the worlds are how theya re in COM is because it's an aspect of the story.

YoshiAngemon

Guess there are SOME things that Sora and company are better off NOT remembering. Besides, if they ever do a Re: Final Mix of the Original, they could always replace Deep Jungle with that Jungle Book World, or for that matter, if it were on a Nintendo console, The Mushroom Kingdom! Sora could help Mario rescue Peach from Bowser, and Bowser could attack with Stealth Sneak!

Besides, what happens in the Deep Jungle, STAYS in the Deep Jungle, okay? Seriously!

YoshiAngemon

Okay, forget the Deep Jungle! Or any other world that would replace it! They could at least lower the difficulty of the other bosses, and make the PowerWild and Bouncywild natives of Olympus Colisseum. I mean, it worked in Chain of Memories! And with the world removed, they can add in a tweaking to the battle system, with new commands like Aerial Recovery, and Aerial Counter.

A

Astetha

So... That explains why we haven´t seen Deep Djungle in the later KH games. Anyway, I didn´t really find that to be too much of a problem. What really pissed me off about Chain of Memories was the story and level design. The story is necessary, indeed, if you are to understand the plot in Kingdom Hearts 2. That´s something I can agree on, but the way the story was told was really annoying and it felt like the different levels didn´t have too much creativity in them.
I guess it´s just me, but still. I do recommend this game if you are a KH fan.
(Sorry if it got a little off-topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back