• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The One and Only Future {A Kingdom Hearts tale}

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SH_Brat

____________Chapter 1______________

A mysterious morning mist filled the air. Debris and the sign of terrible mayhem
surrounded the small incampment of tents. Two, side by side, stood a little further away
from the others. In one of the two sat what seemed to be a warrior of professional
standard. There he focused his attentions to a log apon a partially wrecked wooden desk.
Quite content he wrote;

Destiny Islands, 5 AM:
Those days spent in carefree leisure seem to be not but a dream now.
The day my friends and I obtained the letter from the king, I knew danger
would be ahead. I had no idea it would be to this extent.
It has been a long time since and none of us can even remember the content of the note.
For, unfortunately, it was destroyed along with any other possessions we all once
held dear.
The Heartless situation has grown immensely. Practically beyond our control.
Slaying them seems to be futile. Everytime the keyblade frees a heart it refuses with its
body, if the body and soul have not become a Nobody, then falls back to darkness once
more.
Ahh... The Nobodies.
They, as well, seem to have grown in numbers...
The man paused. Almost as if searching for the right words to express his thoughts. He
smiled lightly and began again;
... At least that is a sign of more strong hearted.
Yet, that presents a bigger problem still.
If the bodies and souls are not in the realm of darkness awaiting their hearts then the
hearts have no where to go. Thus, clustering together to once again create Kingdom
Hearts.
There must be a disturbance in the stability of the worlds.
Countless times have I tried to contact King Mickey, but each time to no avail.
Surely he must know something of this.
His failure to reply worries my friend and I.
We must remain in control. The Gummi Ship is almost ready. Then my friend and I can
set out to find the king and his companions, Donald and Goofy.
The reason----

There was a sudden rumble. The warrior lept up from his chair, causing it to crash to the
floor, and ran out. Drawing his keyblade right before he slid to hault in front of the tent.
______
First fanfic. I want to know what the reader thinks. Critisim is welcome. I'll load up the
second chapter if you all like the start. Tell me what you think.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Nice. It's hard to tell who who is, but still good. Then again it's only the first chapter, so it'll get more fluent along the lines.
7.5/10

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
...It's rather short to be called the first chapter. I rather wish you played it out more and then left on a cliffhanger.

Nonetheless, I'd like to see the next chapter.

SH_Brat

I made it that way on purpose. I guess I could have made it the prelude, but it just didn't seem right when I was thinking about the second chapter. It ended up being short by accident. I wrote it on paper and when I typed it up it ended up being so short... I'll try to make the next chapter a little longer, but I wanted to make this one a little mysterious for the audience.

SH_Brat

Chapter 2! It should be better than the first. At least I hope so...

_____________________Chapter 2______________________

“Still as jumpy as ever, Sora?” Riku asked.
Sora looked, smiled, and withdrew the keyblade.
“We just thought we’d get in some early work on the Gummi.” Tidus explained as he
wheeled out from under the bulky ship.
He stood up and called up to the top of this huge ship, “All right, Selphie!” Give it another
try!”
“Yep!” She turned the ignition.
The machine started with a loud “vroom”. There was a screech of excruciating pain
coming from behind it. As Riku, Sora, and Tidus arrived to see what was going on, the
Gummi broke down.
“Not again…” Riku sighed resting his head on his hand.
Sora and Riku and Tidus directed there attention to the charcoaled Wakka. He opened his
mouth and coughed black dust. Tidus could no longer hold it in. He burst into laughter at
this pathetic sight. Selphie complained at him from the ship, though, she might as well
have been talking to air.
“It, at least, didn’t stay on for too long.” Riku tossed a cloth to the blackened Wakka.
“Let’s see what caused the break down this time.”
Everyone sighed except Sora.
“I’m going to go on scout.” Sora finally admitted.
“Be careful. Remember what happened last time, Sora.” Wakka reminded him, still trying
to clean off.
How could Sora forget? It was an ambush. He had gone out on scout like usual. It was
night and the only light that aided him was the moon, a few stars, and the camp. Normally
there would only be a few of the enemy aimlessly wandering about but this time they
were waiting, watching. As soon as Sora had gotten far enough from the camp they
attacked. Nobodies and Heartless surrounded him. It was odd that the Nobodies were out
but, none the less, they were.
Sora could only hold off so many. Thousands of them thrashing and cut at him. He
couldn’t take it any longer. As Sora hit the ground they continued their assault. Blood ran
down his forehead and he knew that his legs, as well as his arms, were bleeding worse.
Sora lost consciousness. The last thing he remembered before losing sense was Riku’s
cry. He awoke to see Selphie and Riku tending to the wounds obtained in the struggle.
Sora was in a lot of pain. Sweat ran down his head. He wanted to scream, but it hurt too
much.
Sora shook off the memory, turned around, and with a wave started to walk. Proceeding
further away from camp he heard Wakka chasing after Tidus. Since Tidus had laughed at
him. The screams from those four faded in the distance.
It was hard to believe that this place was once the beautiful land they had shared as
children. Somehow, Sora was surprised they all had survived this long. It was a constant
struggle against both forces. Sora, Riku, Wakka, Tidus, and Selphie were the only ones
who survived that fateful night years ago. Everyone else turned into Heartless.
There was hope that some of them escaped to other worlds, but Riku and Sora knew if
the Heartless had the audacity to attack a world sealed by the keyblade, with such force,
they would assail other worlds, too. There was little chance. As for Kairi…
Sora fell flat on the ground. He looked back while picking himself up. No one there. Sora
was sure someone shoved him. Blaming fatigue he started toward camp.
“Back so soon, Sora?” Riku noticed Sora’s clothes and dirty face.
“Whoa! What happen to you?” Tidus questioned, rubbing a red mark imprinted on his
forehead where Wakka hit him with a wrench.
Sora smiled, “I should ask the same of you.”
“Was it the Nobodies?!” Wakka looked around in a fighting position.
“No! I just… I fell that’s all.” Sora dropped his head.
“Well, what were you thinking about, man?” Riku asked wiping of his oily face. “Kairi…?”
“Hey! It was Kai---“
A loud vroom came from behind them. Selphie jumped down from the cock-pit.
“Welp, got it fixed.” She said cleaning her greasy hands.
They looked at her with opened mouths.
____
More critisim please. I'm still learning more about writing better fictions than I seem to be now.
:eek:_O: Does it still seem short?

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I never realized you updated. Sorry, but I would have posted sooner. Anyway, I'm out for the night. C-ya 2morrw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back