• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
Sorry if we’re not allowed to talk about kh4 here, but with Strelitzia I think she might be voiced by either Meg Donnelly (Zombies trilogy), Olivia Holt (Kickin It, Girl vs Monster, Cloak & Dagger, Cruel Summer) or Selena Gomez (Wizards of Waverly Place, Only Murders in the Building) in the English version. But that’s just a prediction.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So they're totally bringing back the AI Hamill for Luke now, aren't they?
I mean...they have to, don't they?

Sorry if we’re not allowed to talk about kh4 here, but with Strelitzia I think she might be voiced by either Meg Donnelly (Zombies trilogy), Olivia Holt (Kickin It, Girl vs Monster, Cloak & Dagger, Cruel Summer) or Selena Gomez (Wizards of Waverly Place, Only Murders in the Building) in the English version. But that’s just a prediction.
I would say its time to stalk Disney stars and a bunch of VAs social media...but it's really early in dev so they probably don't have anybody hired, yet.

Selena Gomez ain't happening though lol. She didn't even come back for that Hotel Transylvania film lol

2 quid is good

Awards
Get Ashley Tisdale in for Strelitzia and Brenda Song in for Skuld.
The Suite Life of Zack and Cody love affair continues, inject it.

Seriously tho, counting these two, how many suite life actors is that? 5? And I think Meaghan Martin had a cameo in it too

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I’ve only heard the Cloak and Dagger actress voice that character in the Spider-Man show. She does a good job but I’m very out of the loop with both of those actresses to know whether or not they’d be a proper fit.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If that is endor and they are doing return of the Jedi then we're probably going to have Sam Witwer as Palpatine and either Matt Sloan or Scott Lawrence as Vader.
You mean no James Earl Jones :( but he has to come back to reprise Aqua and Vader.

But seriously, I would be cool with this.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Kinda random, but just saw Morgan York (Cheaper by the Dozen, The Pacifier, and Hannah Montana) on TikTok saying she’d love to voice a character in KH4. And she knows who Strelitzia and Skuld are, which is pretty damn cool!

Cooper Newton

Awards
I noticed several interesting things regarding the KH20th Anniversary trailer’s voice acting:
  • I had to review the Japanese voices in Kingdom Hearts: X [chi] Back Cover, but (unless the narrator of both trailers is meant to be the same character) I think the narrator of the Missing Link trailer is Ephemer, since the narrator sounds similar to his seiyuu, Yuto Uemura.
  • I do agree with the consensus that the narrator of the Kingdom Herats IV trailer is Young Xehanort based on the similarities to his seiyuu Takanori Okuda. Nomura implied that the narrator is a character we have known for a long while, and we have known about Young Xehanort the longest of the potential characters. However, I noticed that the narrator also sounds similar to Tomokazu Sugita (The Master of Masters) [
    at 0:17 if you want to take a listen]. Supporting this idea is the language of the narrator is similar to how the Master talks in earlier games. One thing I can confidently deconfirm is that the narrator being Luxu/Xigbar, since it doesn’t sound like Hochu Otsuka or Kenjiro Tsuda.
  • After some hefty analysis of several Japanese voice actresses who are not in the Kingdom Hearts series already, I think Strelitzia may be voiced by Maaya Uchida [
    at 3:50 if you want to take a listen]. She is best known for various roles in anime and video games. The ones I am more familiar with are Ysayle in Final Fantasy XIV, Hauyn in World of Final Fantasy, and Megumi Yakushiji in 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. Interestingly, she and Miyu Irino worked together on the Japanese version of Dune (2021) dubbing Zendaya and Timothée Chalamet respectively. However, I think there is a good chance Strelitzia may be voiced by a newcomer to the voice acting scene in Japan or an actor who doesn't do voice acting that often (like Risa Uchida and Iku Nakahara, whose only major voice acting roles are voicing Kairi, Xion, and Namine respectively).
  • According to the Japanese Wikipedia [https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/グーフィー, please use Google Translate to see the information], Disney have already found a replacement for Yu Shimaka (Goofy’s seiyuu from the previous games). That actor is Takahiro Miyamoto, who (coincidentally) was a background voice in Kingdom Hearts 3 (like Erika Harlacher, Cristina Valenzuela, Patrick Seitz, Keith Silverstein, etc.). If Miyamoto is playing Goofy in Kingdom Hearts IV, based on what has been shown so far, he’s doing a great job emulating Shimaka’s performance, similar to how Akio Otsuka and Takanori Hoshino have done a great job emulating Chikao Otsuka and Takashi Aoyagi’s performances.
  • A bit off topic, but I appreciate that Yoji Shimizu (the voice director of the games) talked about Keiji Fujiwara during the Anniversary event talk session, especially since it was near the two-year anniversary of Fujiwara’s passing. The way he and Nomura described Fujiwara and Axel as a character make it clear how much of an impression Fujiwara made to the staff. If Axel is in Kingdom Hearts IV, I wonder who Nomura would pick for the role?
What do you think about these observations?

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Possibably kenjiro tsuda. He replaced Fujiwara in other roles (including Hughes in the new Fullmetal alchemist mobile game) however him voicing luxu could mean this won't happen

Cooper Newton

Awards
You do make a good point about Kenjiro Tsuda, especially since the type of characters he has played (that I can recall) seem to be similar to the types of characters Keiji Fujiwara used to play. Tsuda is the seiyuu for Luxu in Kingdom Hearts: X [chi] Back Cover, but from what I can recall, his voice for Luxu doesn't sound like, for instance, Jack Garland in Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin. Combined with the fact he seems to be the go-to actor for replacing Keiji Fujiwara in his roles, including Hughes in the Fullmetal Alchemist game, and the fact Akio Otsuka still played Ansem and Terra-Xehanort while replacing his father Chikao Otsuka as Master Xehanort in Kingdom Hearts III, I wouldn't be surprised if Tsuda is the new seiyuu for Axel in Kingdom Hearts IV.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Kinda random, but just saw Morgan York (Cheaper by the Dozen, The Pacifier, and Hannah Montana) on TikTok saying she’d love to voice a character in KH4. And she knows who Strelitzia and Skuld are, which is pretty damn cool!
SE and Disney should totally tap her for the role! She literally is asking to do it and I say why the hell not?

Back