• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Xagzan

Awards
I mean, if this whole thing is Sora rewriting the events so Kairi doesn't get fridged, does the final battle against MX still happen? And if it does (dear god let Kairi be in the party for that), the end dialogue would surely be different, yeah?

Guess it'll be a third old Xehanort for us.

Amadeus

Awards
Battle grunts and quotes for any new MX fight(s) can probably be recycled, but that's only if they hire someone who sounds like Rutger Hauer. His voice was not iconic in the way Leonard Nimoy's was; that's a simple fact. Because of that, I think finding a soundalike will be easier/not as tall an order as finding one for Nimoy (especially because Nimoy seemed to do the vast majority of Spock voice work himself, which may be why they cast Hauer instead of a soundalike). In the event that an actor with a significantly different voice is cast, however.... We might need all of MX's lines redubbed to maintain continuity. I doubt that will be the case, but it is a worst-case scenario.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
You know for future KH games I'm wondering if we wound up getting a Princess and the Frog and Moana world in a future KH game, I hope Square Enix bring back Anika Noni Rose and Auliʻi Cravalho for Tiana and Moana respectively and don't pull a "Mandy Moore/Rapunzel" on them and recast them with a new voice actress instead of the original. Yes Mandy not returning to voice Rapunzel in KH3 had to do with her doing This is Us, which coincidentally happened around the same time Zachary Levi finished filming the Shazam! movie.

Doesn't get Mandy Moore for Rapunzel.

Brings back T.J Miller for Fred.

IWxgUkM.gif
Same applies to Square bringing back the official voice actresses of the Disney Princesses (Paige O'Hara, Jodi Benson, Ming-Na Wen, Linda Larkin, Jennifer Hale) but not Mandy herself, it still baffles me that while Disney and Square got ALL of the official voice actresses for the Disney Princesses of Mulan, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, etc. They didn't bother bringing back Mandy Moore as Rapunzel cause surprisingly enough Rapunzel is part of the Disney Princess lineup. Hope Square don't pull the same stint on Anika Noni Rose and Auliʻi Cravalho.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
You know for future KH games I'm wondering if we wound up getting a Princess and the Frog and Moana world in a future KH game, I hope Square Enix bring back Anika Noni Rose and Auliʻi Cravalho for Tiana and Moana respectively and don't pull a "Mandy Moore/Rapunzel" on them and recast them with a new voice actress instead of the original. Yes Mandy not returning to voice Rapunzel in KH3 had to do with her doing This is Us, which coincidentally happened around the same time Zachary Levi finished filming the Shazam! movie.

Same applies to Square bringing back the official voice actresses of the Disney Princesses (Paige O'Hara, Jodi Benson, Ming-Na Wen, Linda Larkin, Jennifer Hale) but not Mandy herself, it still baffles me that while Disney and Square got ALL of the official voice actresses for the Disney Princesses of Mulan, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, etc. They didn't bother bringing back Mandy Moore as Rapunzel cause surprisingly enough Rapunzel is part of the Disney Princess lineup. Hope Square don't pull the same stint on Anika Noni Rose and Auliʻi Cravalho.

First right of refusal.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 246005

I dug David Boroneaz's performance as Leon back in 1. No offense to Doug Erholtz or his fans.

I wouldn't mind if he came back for Laguna but thats unlikely.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
First right of refusal.
It still goes back to what Tasha Sounart said when it comes to getting the original actors from the Disney film and/or Pixar film to reprise their roles for a Spin-off project:
Hi! Good question. Disney Character Voices handles all the casting for the Pixar characters. I know for any side projects, we are required to go to the original voice actors first. They have "first right of refusal". Only if the original voice actor refuses, then we go to a sound-alike. Some actors never do any side project stuff, some do all of it, some are 50/50.

Here is the key part here:
  • Some actors never do any side project stuff: (Danny DeVito (Phil), Eddie Murphy (Mushu), Matthew Broderick (Simba), The actors from the Live-action Disney films (Pirates of the Caribbean, Tron: Legacy), Tom Hanks (Woody) and Tim Allen (Buzz Lightyear), etc.)
  • Some do all of it: (James Woods (Hades), John Ratzenberger, Wallace Shawn (Rex), The Cast from Frozen (Kristen, Josh, Idina, Jonathan Groff), Scott Adsit (Baymax), The Disney Princess Voice actresses (Jodi Benson, Paige O'Hara, Linda Larkin, Ming-Na Wen, Anika Noni Rose, Auliʻi Cravalho, etc.), Ken Page (Oogie Boogie), Ernie Sabella (Pumbaa), Ginnifer Goodwin (Judy Hopps), etc..)
  • Some are 50/50: (Mandy Moore as Rapunzel in Disney Infinity and the Show; John Goodman as Sully in a Monster's Inc. video game and Monster's at Work; Bill Nighy as Davy Jones in Disney Infinity)

So generally it varies, I mean sometimes it has to do with the cost of the actor (e.g. Eddie Murphy, Matthew Broderick, Johnny Depp, Tom Hanks), other times it's the actor's scheduling and availability to do it (The Pirates of the Caribbean cast including Johnny Depp), sometimes they are either asked to reprise the or never asked to reprise the role.

I mean I can understand on not bringing back Tom Hanks and Tim Allen for Woody and Buzz Lightyear in the video game projects as they're expensive and they are busy actors, same can apply to Johnny Depp not voicing Jack Sparrow in the video game projects. Mandy not returning to voice Rapunzel in KH3 baffled me at first, as she does enjoy voicing Rapunzel and reprises the role in any project with the character if she's willing to do it (as seen in Disney Infinity, of course that was before she did This is Us in 2016).

As far goes as her making "First Right of refusal", maybe, cause she was starting to film the 3rd season of This is Us, which coincidentally happened around the same time Zachary Levi finished filming the Shazam! movie and why Square prolonged themselves for Zach to finish doing Shazam so they can start doing the Tangled world but where unaware that by the time Zach finished it resulted in Mandy being unavailable, when compared to Square going all out on getting MOST of the cast from Frozen (including Idina Menzel) asap before they had their own schedule conflicts. Perhaps Mandy wasn't asked by Square Enix to return in the same way why Hayden Panettiere didn't come back, but I digress.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Can you like, not explain people's posts back to them when they correct you? It's incredibly unnecessary.

You seem to be very well aware of the first right of refusal and what it entails, which makes your accusations about SE excluding Mandy Moore all the more baffling. She was asked first and *chose* not to reprise her role as Rapunzel for KH3. SE had absolutely no choice in the matter.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
You seem to be very well aware of the first right of refusal and what it entails, which makes your accusations about SE excluding Mandy Moore all the more baffling. She was asked first and *chose* not to reprise her role as Rapunzel for KH3. SE had absolutely no choice in the matter.
I'm aware what the "First Right of Refusal" is, and long story short, the reason she didn't came back, was because she was busy filming the 3rd season of This Is Us, nuff said. Another possibility is that Square Enix didn't ask her to return much like what happened with Hayden Panettiere. But the main point when I made this post before you responded back was not mostly about Mandy Moore not returning as Rapunzel, It's more about Square Enix not pulling another "Rapunzel/Mandy Moore" situation on Anika Noni Rose and Auliʻi Cravalho and recast them with a different voice actress for Tiana and Moana if we get a based on Princess and the Frog and Moana world in a future KH game. But, unlike Mandy, as they aren't working on a serial TV series like Mandy Moore is on This is Us, Square will easily get them and their more than likely to reprise their roles as their respective characters.

Last edited:

2 quid is good

Awards
I think it's Ray Chase. I compared Yozora's voice with Noctis and they sound somewhat the same. I'm sure Ray would put his own spin on Yozora to keep him from sounding too similar
I really don't think it's Ray Chase, I think it's either Crispin Freeman or an unknown

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Also I like to point out that the voice of Aerith in the new Re:Mind trailer isn't Mena Suvari, which is good news to most of you who didn't like her performance in Kingdom Hearts III. Could be Briana White from the FFVII Remake who's voicing her?

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Also I like to point out that the voice of Aerith in the new Re:Mind trailer isn't Mena Suvari, which is good news to most of you who didn't like her performance in Kingdom Hearts III. It could be Briana White from the FFVII Remake who's voicing her this time.

SE said the new cast would be exclusive to the remake and all other appearances would continue to use the Compilation VAs, so it might be Andrea Bowen or someone new.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Both english and japanese voice actors for Noctis voicing Yozora would be going a little far. Hopefully is someone new from both sides.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
SE said the new cast would be exclusive to the remake and all other appearances would continue to use the Compilation VAs, so it might be Andrea Bowen or someone new.
Well, at least most of you won't have to worry about hearing Mena Suvari voicing Aerith again. Hopefully Doug Erholtz would also return to voice Leon (which is very likely) but also I'm curious if Mae Whitman would return to voice Yuffie given that the last she voiced her beside Kingdom Hearts II was in Dirge of Cerberus.

Lastly, As far goes as films based on Princess and the Frog, Wreck-It Ralph, Zootopia, Moana and the forthcoming Raya and the Last Dragon appearing as worlds in a future KH game does anyone expect any of the actors/actresses reprising their roles?

Cause I do expect some of them (with some exceptions (due to cost, scheduling and "first right of refusals)) to reprise their respective roles in the game.

For Princess and the Frog (depending on which characters appear in the next game) I do see the majority of them to reprise their roles (Anika, Keith David, Michael Leon, etc.).

Ralph, I expect most of the cast (except John C. Riley and Mindy Kaling (if Taffyta appears, which is likely)) to reprise their roles as their characters. Regarding Ralph's voice actor I do expect Brian T. Delaney to voice him given that he has voiced the character since Disney Infinity and in many projects when John C. Riley couldn't do it.

Zootopia, I see many of the actors return, particularly Ginnifer Goodwin and Jenny Slate. Idris Elba and Jason Bateman will all depend on their cost, and availability/scheduling if they want to return, but I do expect the latter to possibly return than the former, it just comes down to his scheduling, availability and his "first right of refusal" as while he did return to voice Nick Wilde in Disney Infinity he still does currently does acting in films, along with doing Arrested Development and Ozark for Netflix, otherwise they may use Christopher Swindle (Sulley) instead as he did voice Nick in the Disney Dailies Stories for Amazon Alexa.

Moana, I expect Auliʻi, Rachel House (Grandmother Tala), Jemaine Clement (Tamatoa) and maybe Temuera Morrison (Tui) to return. Dwayne Johnson maybe unable to voice Maui given his cost and he's a very busy actor, so perhaps a sound alike actor?

Although Raya won't come out until next year, I do see Cassie Steele and Awkwafina to reprise their roles for their characters (Raya and Sisu) if it becomes a world in KH.

2 quid is good

Awards
At this point, I want it to be a gag where Aerith always gets a new actress.
I've been listening out for Aerith and it's definitely not Briana White, the voice is a little too low for that. I'm also not sure it's Andrea Bowen but Crisis Core was a long time ago, however she's the voice that matches up the closest.

It's either Andrea Bowen (40%) or someone completely new, which is frankly tradition at this point

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
This might be a bit early to call due to us just hearing one grunt but I think Master Xehanort has a new voice.

Back