• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

LostArtist

Awards
One of my friends doesn't like the new MX voice, because he thinks he lost that "ancient master" vibe he gave when Leonard Nimoy voiced him.

I liked ansem's old voice better, but with this I like MX's new voice better lmao, sorry spock fans ;)

Hardback247

Unfortunately, Mandy Moore is not voicing Rapunzel. She's instead being voiced by Kelsey Lansdowne.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Unfortunately, Mandy Moore is not voicing Rapunzel. She's instead being voiced by Kelsey Lansdowne.
I have been curled up in a ball crying for a few days because of this. Kelsey does a grand job, and she really did fool my ears, but I just don’t understand why Mandy passed this up. Was the recording for Kingdom Hearts 1 so awful that it completely turned her off the series? Could she not find 2-3 days in the last couple of months to record and make some money?

Seriously, she loves the character and voiced her in the TV show, shorts, other movies etc. but couldn’t find the time or accept payment to record for KH3??? I’m utterly baffled.

theshadowman

Awards
I have been curled up in a ball crying for a few days because of this. Kelsey does a grand job, and she really did fool my ears, but I just don’t understand why Mandy passed this up. Was the recording for Kingdom Hearts 1 so awful that it completely turned her off the series? Could she not find 2-3 days in the last couple of months to record and make some money?

Seriously, she loves the character and voiced her in the TV show, shorts, other movies etc. but couldn’t find the time or accept payment to record for KH3??? I’m utterly baffled.
It honestly doesn’t make any sense to me. It must have been some behind the scenes stuff, or something. Could be a simple she was too busy, and could be a repeat of Tate, who didn’t voice Herc in one but came back for everything else.

Either way, I’m baffled and utterly disappointed. Kelsey does a great job, but I’m still disappointed.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Doesn't get Mandy Moore for Rapunzel.

Brings back T.J Miller for Fred.

IWxgUkM.gif

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
IKR didn't TJ get into some sort of legal trouble?

He did. Doesn't change the fact that the right of first refusal is written into his original contract. I suppose if he's probably not getting many gigs as a result of his recent douchebaggery, then he's got little reason to turn down VO work for KH3.

Is there any way of finding out why Mandy Moore is absent?

You could ask, I guess.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I just learned that Master Xehanort's new voice is being provided by Rutger Hauer, who some of you might know from Blade Runner.

He was also in Sin City, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and The Dark Knight. He definitely has an impressive resume, and it's clear that he was a Disney casting choice because of this (and the fact that this is first video game voiceover).

Budgeting? Personal obligations? Yeah, it's sad she did not return, but that's life. We have to respect that some negotiations just don't work out the way we want (Billy and Hayden come to mind).

Though I am surprised, out of the Tangled voice cast, I genuinely thought that Zachary Levi wouldn't return due to Shazam obligations, but lo and behold, he returns as Flynn.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Budgeting? Personal obligations? Yeah, it's sad she did not return, but that's life. We have to respect that some negotiations just don't work out the way we want (Billy and Hayden come to mind).

Though I am surprised, out of the Tangled voice cast, I genuinely thought that Zachary Levi wouldn't return due to Shazam obligations, but lo and behold, he returns as Flynn.
Billy Zane hasn’t been with this series for over a decade so he was never going to return. Anyone who was wanting that is a bit delusional given it’s been 16 years and there was no chance for his return. Hayden wasn’t asked back because, as it turns out, there’s a new voice director and they reauditioned a bunch of characters for the roles. Probably also thought consistency between Kairi and Xion is important. Also speculation but Hayden may have passed up on 0.2 and the contract Alyson signed for 0.2 branched out and included KH3.

We’re actually lucky to have gotten as many original voice actors as possible given these circumstances. Hayner, Pence, and Olette being replaced is a damn shame.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Okay what?? Yeah this really sucks, I can't believe this is like the first time Mandy isn't voicing Rapunzel. The replacement did sound good though, so I guess I will be fine but still...

HPO is super weird...I guess I thought that was Hayner's actor in the one trailer as well. So they reauditioned for the original characters?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
We’re actually lucky to have gotten as many original voice actors as possible given these circumstances. Hayner, Pence, and Olette being replaced is a damn shame.
IS NO ONE SACRED?! ;A;

Reminds me a while ago that Derek Stephen Prince said he wasn't called back, but at the time we weren't sure if maybe he just said that because of an NDA. Now it could turn out he really was replaced. ;A;

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

I agree, Mandy Moore not returning as Rapunzel does baffle me given that she has voiced the character in the majority of her appearances since the film and Disney normally uses the official voice actress for the Disney princess (Ariel, Mulan, Belle, Jasmine, etc..). Maybe she had scheduling issues as she was doing "This is Us" and Tangled the Series at the time or perhaps it's the same situation with Hayden Pannettiere, maybe Square Enix didn't even ask her to come back.

Kelsey did a good job voicing Rapunzel in the game, but it isn't the same without Mandy Moore voicing her.
:(

Also, the voice of Scrooge McDuck (Enn Reitel) is surprisingly good, not great as Alan Young or David Tennant but good.

there’s a new voice director and they reauditioned a bunch of characters for the roles. Probably also thought consistency between Kairi and Xion is important. Also speculation but Hayden may have passed up on 0.2 and the contract Alyson signed for 0.2 branched out and included KH3.
Actually the voice director of the series, Bob Bucholz has been the main casting director since KH2.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
IS NO ONE SACRED?! ;A;

Reminds me a while ago that Derek Stephen Prince said he wasn't called back, but at the time we weren't sure if maybe he just said that because of an NDA. Now it could turn out he really was replaced. ;A;
I think he did return, it was just NDA or a late schedule decision.

Actually the voice director of the series, Bob Bucholz has been the main casting director since KH2.
And this time around he is just credited for “Additional Dialogue Direction”.

Hardback247

I also found the phone number for Bob Buchholz's production company. Am I allowed to share it here?

Last edited:

EchoFringe49

Phil not speaking is so weird and jarring, especially since he's so talkative, probably my only negative point of the game so far

Back