• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

sonickenshin

Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Home of David Tennant & Drake Bell Speculation!

Also those that aren't used to dubbing tend to have some heightened inflections. I kind of thought that was Idina Menzel on Elsa in the trailer, but it ended up being her. Levi kinda has that in this trailer. This is totally Mandy Moore though.

I feel that both of them where even better in the cartoon than even the movie. They really evolved their sound as voice actors and I feel like that'll serve them well in this game. There'll just be a weird line here and there.

Scsigs

Known & Speculated KHIII English Dub Actors

So, I thought to keep track of what actors are definitely coming back to voice the characters in the game, as well as the most likely newcomers, so I'll divide this between the OCs for this game series, the returning Disney Characters, & the new characters. Some I'm, not sure if they've been confirmed, so help me out if you know. Some of these I speculate, since some aren't confirmed yet, but will most likely be in these roles. These are, mostly, based upon what we've heard in the trailers & have gotten confirmations on.

I've also posted this list to KH13.

Returning OCs (original characters):

Heroes:
Sora: Haley Joel Osment
Riku: David Gallagher
Kairi: Alyson Stoner (Hayden Panettiere confirmed she hasn't been called in, so Stoner's the next best pick).

Lea: Quinton Flynn

Young Master Eraqus: Drake Bell

Terra: Jason Dohring
Aqua: Willa Holland
Ventus: Jesse McCartney

Roxas: Jesse McCartney
Namine?: Meaghan Jett Martin

Villains:
Larxene/Larxene's original persona: Shanelle Gray
Marluxia/His original persona: Keith Ferguson
Xigbar/Braig: James Patrick Stuart
Luxord/His original persona: Robin Atkin Downes
Saix/Isa: Kirk Thorton

Young Xehanort: Benjamin Diskin
Xemnas: Paul St. Walker
Ansem: Seeker of Darkness: Richard Epcar

Vantias: Haley Joel Osment

Others:
Hayner: Justin Cowden
Pence: Sean Marquette
Olette: Jessica Diccio

Ienzo: Vincent Corazza

Demyx/His original persona: Ryan O'Donohue
Vexen/Even: Derek Stephen Prince

Ansem the Wise: Corey Burton

Riku Replica: David Gallagher

Xion: Alyson Stoner

Master of Masters: Ray Chase

Final Fantasy:
Cloud: Steve Burton
Sephiroth: George Newbern
Aerith: Andrea Bowen
Tifa: Rachel Leigh Cook
Leon: Doug Erholtz
Yuffie: Mae Witman

Disney Characters:

Returning:

Heroes:
Mickey: Bret Iwan
Donald: Tony Anselmo
Goofy: Bill Farmer

Minnie: Russi Taylor
Daisy: Tress MacNeille

Chip: Tress MacNeille
Dale: Corey Burton

Yen Sid: Cory Burton

Villains:
Pete: Jim Cummings
Maleficent: Susan Blakeslee
Hades: James Woods

Others:
Pluto: Bill Farmer
Hercules: Tate Donovan
Simba: Cam Clarke
Ariel: Jodi Benson
Jiminy Cricket: Joe Ochman
Meg: Susan Egan
Phil: Robert Costanzo
Jack Sparrow: Jared Butler
Barbosa: Brian George
Will Turner: Crispin Freeman
Elizabeth: Eliza Schneider

New Characters:

Disney:

Toy Story:
Woody: Jim Hanks
Buzz: Mike MacRae
Rex: Wallace Shawn
Hamm: John Ratzenberger
LGMs: Jeff Pidgeon, Corey Burton

Monsters Inc:
Sulley: Christopher Swindle
Mike Wazozki: Carlos Alazraqui
Boo: Mary Gibbs (Makes sense to just reuse her voice clips like they did for James Earl Jones for Mufasa)
Randall Boggs: Steve Buscemi/Peter Kalemis

Frozen:
Elsa: Idina Menzel
Anna: Kristen Bell
Olaf: Josh Gad
Kristoff: Jonathan Groff

Ratatouille:
Remy: Possibly Patton Oswald, if he speaks.

Wreck-It Ralph:
Wreck-it Ralph: John C. Reilly

Tangled:
Rapunzel: Mandy Moore
Flynn Ryder: Zachary Levi
Mother Gothel: Donna Murphy

Big Hero 6:
Hiro Hamada: Ryan Potter
Baymax: Scott Adsit
Go Go: Jamie Chung
Honey Lemon: Genesis Rodriguez
Wasabi: Khary Payton
Fred: Brooks Wheelan

Pirates of the Caribbean:
Joshamee Gibbs: Kevin R. McNally
Davy Jones: Bill Nighy

Final Fantasy:
Prince Noctis Lucius Caelum: Ray Chase
Prompto: Adam Croasdell
Ignis: Robbie Daymond
Gladiolus: Chris Parson
(I still hold out hope that these guys get a cameo).

Sources:

IMdB for KHII & III:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390163/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2973418/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Also, announcements:
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...quare-enixs-kingdom-hearts-iii-300719139.html
https://powerup-gaming.com/2018/04/28/shanelle-gray-confirms-larxene-kingdom-hearts-3/
https://www.khinsider.com/news/James-Woods-Confirms-Work-on-Kingdom-Hearts-3-11611
https://mail.khinsider.com/news/Susan-Egan-reprises-her-role-as-Meg-in-Kingdom-Hearts-3-13689

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Home of David Tennant & Drake Bell Speculation!

I moved your thread because we have a very exhaustive VA thread already.

But, for the record, Tetsuya Nomura's said that the Master won't be in KH3 and Ray Chase hasn't recorded for him.

Scsigs

I moved your thread because we have a very exhaustive VA thread already.

But, for the record, Tetsuya Nomura's said that the Master won't be in KH3 and Ray Chase hasn't recorded for him.
Then, what was the point of setting him up in Union X?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Then, what was the point of setting him up in Union X?
Because he's still an influence in KH3. Xehanort inherited Luxu's No Name, which the Master of Masters attached his eye into in order to see through the Keyblade, even through time, which Xehanort may have been taking advantage of. It may have also influenced Xehnaort into doing what he's doing now. A part of KH3 is also the search for the Master's black box, which has....whatever inside. Hopefully a spring-loaded pie, because the secret box being an elaborate, nearly universe destroying prank would be hilarious.

Also, also, the Master of Masters may or may not be the next arc's big bad.

Scsigs

Also, on the announcement for the Big Hero 6 English dub cast...

maxresdefault.jpg

Called it.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Also, on the announcement for the Big Hero 6 English dub cast...

maxresdefault.jpg

Called it.

It was obvious lol

But none of us could have predicted TJ Miller would be reprising :(

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

It was obvious lol

But none of us could have predicted TJ Miller would be reprising :(
yeah that really took us by surpise but it make sense to ask him first before the other person was asked

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

yeah that really took us by surpise but it make sense to ask him first before the other person was asked
That's true also he just retweeted KH Tweet on the Big Hero 6 cast announcement.

Anyways, I dunno if this is considered KH voice actor related or not, but three days ago, Chris Edgerly (voice of Cid in Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, and Kingdom Hearts II) posted a tweet on Twitter on bringing his son on doing a voice work session at Skylark Sound Studios.

I'm not sure if this is for Kingdom Hearts III, cause the studio has done for a couple of projects outside of Kingdom Hearts such as some Final Fantasy games (Type-0, World of Final Fantasy, Dissidia Final Fantasy, etc..) or small projects (e.g toys, LA Spanish dubbed films) at the studio. So who's to say what it is, it could be KH3 or some other project at Skylark.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

So the trailer came out and we got to hear our first listen of Demyx and Davy Jones in the game. Is it really Ryan O'Donohue voicing Demyx or a different actor? Because I'm on the fence if it's really him or not since he hasn't been doing acting for a while, the same can be said about Davy Jones, I dunno if it's Nighy or a sound-alike actor. Please don't let it be an awful sound-alike (shudders on KH2 Scar flashbacks).

For those who want to hear what Christopher Swindle will sound like as Sully:

https://twitter.com/swindletopher/status/1060362669700468738?s=21
Thanks for the share and wow really impressed on how Christopher does a good job voicing Sully and sounding very close to John Goodman's performance.

ghostwarmen

Awards

I keep listening to Davy Jones, and idk, I think it kind of sounds like Nighy. Need to keep in mind he’s gotten older since he played him in the movies, so he probably sounds a little different. This is probably me just praying it’s him, he did Disney Infinity, I’d hope he’d come back for this.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

I keep listening to Davy Jones, and idk, I think it kind of sounds like Nighy. Need to keep in mind he’s gotten older since he played him in the movies, so he probably sounds a little different. This is probably me just praying it’s him, he did Disney Infinity, I’d hope he’d come back for this.
That's one thing, it will still fall down on his scheduling and availability, cause he still doing films and just recently he was on Ordeal by Innocence for the BBC this year.

So let's wait and see for another Square Enix press release cast announcement or when the game comes out.

As for Demyx yeah I'm on the fence if that's Ryan as I watched his boss fight from KH2 and compared it to his KH3 voice so either it's the same actor only he got older or they got a different voice actor for him.
[video=youtube;6pyJCLJba3w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pyJCLJba3w[/video]

Awards

Master Xehanort’s new voice is atrocious. It sounds like a younger guy trying to imitate an old man....which it probably is

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Master Xehanort’s new voice is atrocious. It sounds like a younger guy trying to imitate an old man....which it probably is
Or it's Mark Hamill just doing his best :'(

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

Or it's Mark Hamill just doing his best :'(

Wait are you saying it’s actually Mark Hamill?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I highly doubt it’s Mark Hamill lol
He's liking tweets about being asked if he's voicing Master Xehanort and it does actually sound like him.

Back