• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Home of David Tennant & Drake Bell Speculation!

James Patrick Stuart uploaded a photo of him in the recording booth (the roof matches the previous photo I provided)

44146379_10161052725500215_7854922811272331264_n.jpg

Leaferian

Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Home of David Tennant & Drake Bell Speculation!

Hmmm so even the folks who seem to have already recorded lines may be back in the booth. I wonder how much is really done at this stage. Also, I just want them to let me hear Marluxia's English voice. The guy they got to play him for Re:CoM was great and I hope they brought him back.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

For what its worth, if KH3 were being dubbed in other languages and the Latin American Big Hero 6 people had leaked that info, the meeting of Hiro's VA and Megara's VA would have made total sense.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards

For what its worth, if KH3 were being dubbed in other languages and the Latin American Big Hero 6 people had leaked that info, the meeting of Hiro's VA and Megara's VA would have made total sense.

Do you think they were thinking about it but had to cancel it due to delays?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Do you think they were thinking about it but had to cancel it due to delays?
I would say yes if it didn't happen incredibly early. Like if they actually were recording around then then they shouldn't have cancelled it since it would have been done in time.

Those two together were probably for Memo's YouTube channel. Doesn't explain why Memo and Baymax's VA said they were recording for a game though.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

Those two together were probably for Memo's YouTube channel. Doesn't explain why Memo and Baymax's VA said they were recording for a game though.
You sure? I think the Video actually originated from his Instagram stories section and someone was able to download it thinking it was "related to KH3" just before the story disappeared.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

You sure? I think the Video actually originated from his Instagram stories section and someone was able to download it thinking it was "related to KH3" just before the story disappeared.
I know because I'm the one who downloaded the video from the story and sat on it for a couple of week because it was very confusing. We had a friend of Master Spockanort's translate it and others chimed in saying they did say it was for a game.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

xWye5ba.png

I was never personally worried about Susan returning, but it's nice to see a soft confirmation.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

I know because I'm the one who downloaded the video from the story and sat on it for a couple of week because it was very confusing. We had a friend of Master Spockanort's translate it and others chimed in saying they did say it was for a game.
I know this is unrelated to KH3 but it looks like the "game" that Memo and Alan were working on back in March was actually for LEGO DC Super Villains as the End credits listed both Alan Prieto and Memo Aponte's name's there. Looks like it's a nail to the coffin for KH3's internationally dubbing.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I know this is unrelated to KH3 but it looks like the "game" that Memo and Alan they were working back in March was actually for LEGO DC Super Villains as the End credits listed both Alan Prieto and Memo Aponte's name's there. Looks like it's a nail to the coffin for KH3's internationally dubbing.
Thank you so much for sharing that. We can close the book on that chapter :)

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Not sure what this comment was posted on or if it is real (this was shared on Reddit,) but it looks like Alyson is definitely voicing Kairi for the game. Also, her comment makes me hopeful for a playable Kairi scenario. That would be a good reason for it to be the most fun one yet. :D

R5GXleG_d.jpg

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Not sure what this comment was posted on or if it is real (this was shared on Reddit,) but it looks like Alyson is definitely voicing Kairi for the game. Also, her comment makes me hopeful for a playable Kairi scenario. That would be a good reason for it to be the most fun one yet. :D

R5GXleG_d.jpg
yeah that her youtube acccount name i already check it on youtube but i going to for the second batch of va but if its zip that comment seems like a playable kairi secerno also i manged to find the comment

Last edited:

Seadrin

Awards

I'm really curious if it indeed is Mandy Moore voicing Rapunzel this time around. I really hope so! It's really similar to the Idina / Kristen Bell speculation we had with the Frozen trailer. It really sounds like Ms. Moore, but I just can't say for sure.

What does everyone else think? Was it convincing enough for you?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I'm really curious if it indeed is Mandy Moore voicing Rapunzel this time around. I really hope so! It's really similar to the Idina / Kristen Bell speculation we had with the Frozen trailer. It really sounds like Ms. Moore, but I just can't say for sure.

What does everyone else think? Was it convincing enough for you?
I watch Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure and This Is Us and I can say with 100% certainty that Mandy Moore recorded for Kingdom Hearts III.

Seadrin

Awards

I watch Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure and This Is Us and I can say with 100% certainty that Mandy Moore recorded for Kingdom Hearts III.

Yes! I love This Is Us too, I watch every week with my wife!
I will trust your word on that, as you've kept up with how Mandy sounds voicing Rapunzel more recently. I think I'm just so excited and anxious about how spectacular this cast really is. Man, they're really getting everyone. So awesome.

I hope they release another round of VA's in the fashion they did a month or so ago. Thanks for the insight Chaser.
:wink:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I think a lot of people are judging Rapunzel's voice on the movie, which was 8 years ago. Voices do change over time, and characters and people evolve so sometimes it can be tricky. Have a listen to her voice in an episode of the show and you will recognise that it is the same voice from the Tangled trailer (featuring Donna Murphy as well) :D

[video=youtube;edURn9KLEvA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edURn9KLEvA[/video]

It's a great collection of Disney voice actors, and while the Pixar voices are mostly not returning, it's still nice to have a collection of original Disney and Pixar voices sign on for the game.

Seadrin

Awards

I think a lot of people are judging Rapunzel's voice on the movie, which was 8 years ago. Voices do change over time, and characters and people evolve so sometimes it can be tricky. Have a listen to her voice in an episode of the show and you will recognise that it is the same voice from the Tangled trailer (featuring Donna Murphy as well) :D

[video=youtube;edURn9KLEvA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edURn9KLEvA[/video]

It's a great collection of Disney voice actors, and while the Pixar voices are mostly not returning, it's still nice to have a collection of original Disney and Pixar voices sign on for the game.

Oh, yeah. I can totally hear a lot more of that now. It's tough to gauge off just a few lines too. But hearing her in full sentences you can definitely hear her tone has changed. Yep, I'm definitely with you now.

Yes, it is!

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

I hope they release another round of VA's in the fashion they did a month or so ago.
I'm in the same league as you are. I don't know the amount of cast announcements Square Enix will put out through their press released until the game comes out.

But I'd love to see Square making another announcement for the next set of actors involved in the game such as Mandy Moore, the Big Hero 6 actors, David Gallagher, Kairi's voice actress, Jason Dohring, Willa Hollad, Master Xehanort's new voice actor, etc..

I think a lot of people are judging Rapunzel's voice on the movie, which was 8 years ago. Voices do change over time, and characters and people evolve so sometimes it can be tricky.
It's funny how I notice in most of the YouTube comments that most commentators tend to post the same thing when they saw the trailer and its the same old same old: "Mandy last voiced Rapunzel 8 years ago in the film" or "That doesn't sound like Mandy Moore". I find it unusual they continue saying that when in actuality Mandy has been voicing the character in the Disney Princess merchandising, the Disney Infinity games, and of course the TV series.

What about the actors who reprised their roles for the Disney characters from the films in the previous KH games (e.g. Clayton, Tarzan, Aladdin, Jasmine, Mulan, Jack Skellington, Oogie Boogie, Ariel, Pumbaa, Tron, Stitch, Hercules (KH2 onwards), Megara, Belle, Beast, Victor and Hugo, etc..) especially those that have ONLY voiced that character(s) only once in their initial appearance (e.g. Kathryn Beaumont, Christopher Daniel Barnes)? I don't see anyone making the same comments like what they're doing on Mandy Moore.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It's funny how I notice in most of the YouTube comments that most commentators tend to post the same thing when they saw the trailer and its the same old same old: "Mandy last voiced Rapunzel 8 years ago in the film" or "That doesn't sound like Mandy Moore". I find it unusual they continue saying that when in actuality Mandy has been voicing the character in the Disney Princess merchandising, the Disney Infinity games, and of course the TV series
I think people say that because they don’t follow along with other media. To a lot of people, they’ve only seen the movie.

Back