• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Home of David Tennant & Drake Bell Speculation!

It was such a small line ("Hey Axel") so I'd hope that they were recording Alyson early on just for Xion (it goes against the characters having the same voices, but having both voice actresses honours their commitment to the series) and they knew that an upcoming trailer needed Kairi to speak so they had her quickly record that.

But the more likely event is that Kairi is voiced by Alyson and they just rudely tossed Hayden to the side.
we dont know why alyson was chosing over hayden it could your reason or the maybe alyson is just fulling his contract with 0.2 and 3 since since 0.2 was going be a part og 3 it all just specultion

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Home of David Tennant & Drake Bell Speculation!

we dont know why alyson was chosing over hayden it could your reason or the maybe alyson is just fulling his contract with 0.2 and 3 since since 0.2 was going be a part og 3 it all just specultion
I'm just spitballing and many fans want Hayden, but like you said we don't know the boundaries of her contract. It's just that there's a little ray of hope because they haven't called in a lot of voice actors yet.

Awards

It was such a small line ("Hey Axel") so I'd hope that they were recording Alyson early on just for Xion (it goes against the characters having the same voices, but having both voice actresses honours their commitment to the series) and they knew that an upcoming trailer needed Kairi to speak so they had her quickly record that.

But the more likely event is that Kairi is voiced by Alyson and they just rudely tossed Hayden to the side.

If they just rudely tossed her to the side it will be a shame... Hayden did such a good job as Hayden, I hated Alyson's VA during 0.2 lol

But I am coming in terms with this anyway

But poor Hayden lol

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

I'm just spitballing and many fans want Hayden, but like you said we don't know the boundaries of her contract. It's just that there's a little ray of hope because they haven't called in a lot of voice actors yet.
im with everybody on hayden as but for now it just speculation

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

He says it is in the same place that he recorded "most of [his] Freiza recording for Toonami Asia". Some googling says that was done at Bang Zoom! Entertainment.
Speaking of Bang Zoom! apparently this Bang Zoom! (as there are three different locations in California as of now according to the website) is in the same office building as Skylark Sound Studios (1100 N Hollywood Way, Burbank, CA). Perhaps that could be the reason we've been getting a plethora of anime voice actors who worked in anime dubbing (e.g. Richard Epcar, Kirk Thornton, Paul St. Peter, Ben Diskin, Matt Mercer, Ray Chase, etc.) at BZ! in the more recent Kingdom Hearts games since Kingdom Hearts II. No doubt we might be seeing several other voice actors who worked in anime providing voices for some of the NPC's in the game's worlds.

I guess its worth noting both Pixar worlds and Pirates has mostly stand-ins so maybe that made it easier? I guess we don't even know who is in the Hercules world other than Herc and Hades...which is weird to think about. Both have their VA's back though.

Technically with the Toy Story world, the voice actors who provided the voice-over work for Rex (Wallace Shawn), Hamm (John Ratzenberger) and the Aliens (Jeff Pidgeon) reprise their roles in the game as seen from the leaked cutscenes (not to mention they've reprised their roles in most of the video game appearances). Also, Josh Gad returns to voice Olaf (as confirmed through his Twitter) and Kristen Bell is back as Anna for the Frozen world as heard in the trailer. I am still undecided if it's really Idina Menzel voicing Elsa cause even though she has voiced Elsa in most of her appearances, I'm just not sure if it's actually her. It could be a sound-alike and I wouldn't be surprised if Idina doesn't come back to voice Elsa for this game, cause even though she doesn't begin her Fall tour next month, she does tend to travel and is also very busy with her career as a singer, which might make it difficult for her to come back to reprise her role for the game at the time they started doing English voice work for the Frozen world earlier this year. So we shall see.

Last edited:

Leaferian

Awards

I've heard of understudy VAs but not placeholders for trailers so I'm sure Alyson is Kairi or Hayden is seriously on some real NDA
Interesting story related to another game series about that, actually. For the the announcement trailer of rhe upcoming Darksiders 3, whose main character is a woman named Fury, the developers cast Cissy Jones (Delilah from Firewatch, Chloe's Mom from Life Is Strange) last minute as her trailer voice. Cissy wasn't told what the two lines she recorded was for, and it was later when watching E3 recaps that she saw the trailer. She had her agent call around and found they hadn't settled on a voice yet which is apparently common, so she got to request the part.

Based on Ms. Jones' interviews on the subject, that kind of thing happens more than people think. I wouldn't be surprised to find they'd cast Alyson for the role because they were unsure of Hayden's personal status.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

Like Chaser said, they definitely need to honor both Alyson and Hayden in this game if at all possible. I thought principle voice recording must have been done ages ago but as long as there's still hope I'll keep a candle burning.

As for Jesse, I wouldn't be surprised if SE and Disney are pulling out all the stops given how supposedly critical Roxas' role in the game will be. I'm sure his history doesn't help.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

If I had it my way, Jesse would be the absolute last person to record and be forced to wear a shock collar that'll zap him if he mentions anything about Kingdom Hearts.

ImVentus

Awards

I'm not buying into that jesse hasn't been contacted. There is no way that they would replace his iconic voice with someone else.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

If anyone is interested, this is a podcast from Sac Anime of a panel they did with some KH voice actors like Quinton Flynn, Tony Anselmo, among others. Also present is Mary Gibbs, the voice of Boo. Maybe she’ll be reprising for the game? Even though she was a kid back then, she also did the voice for Baby Riley in Inside Out more recently.

https://youtu.be/N_WYstm2K-o

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

If anyone is interested, this is a podcast from Sac Anime of a panel they did with some KH voice actors like Quinton Flynn, Tony Anselmo, among others. Also present is Mary Gibbs, the voice of Boo. Maybe she’ll be reprising for the game? Even though she was a kid back then, she also did the voice for Baby Riley in Inside Out more recently.
https://youtu.be/N_WYstm2K-o
Interesting. Of course, it will depend IF she will be providing new dialogue for Boo, otherwise, they might have to reuse archival audio of Boo's voice from the original movie, just like how in Kingdom Hearts II for the Pride Lands world they had to re-use archival audio of Jonathan Taylor Thomas and James Earl Jones as Young Simba and Mufasa respectively.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Maybe she’ll be reprising for the game? Even though she was a kid back then, she also did the voice for Baby Riley in Inside Out more recently.

Pretty sure they used archive footage from their recordings with her from when she was an actual baby.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Pretty sure they used archive footage from their recordings with her from when she was an actual baby.

Makes sense. Though they could do the same with KH3 since Boo doesn’t say a lot.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

speaking of va doesn't everbody get the sense that we will lose a lot of voice actors after kh3 once the next saga begins

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

I mean, lots of characters are going to be retired after KH3. If I were to predict it, I'd say more than half of all previously established original characters will never be seen again. It's unfortunate for certain actors who may really enjoy their roles, like Paul St. Peter and Richard Epcar, but them's the breaks.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

I am almost certain Master Xehanort is voiced by Shigeru Chiba in kh3.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I'm surprised, I really thought they had retired Vexen's character due to the voice actor passing. I'm really happy that Derek Stephen Prince will be back though :)

Megavoltage

Awards

Yeah, I was not expecting Vexen at all. I wonder if he'll make new Replicas in 3 or if he'll have a sinister interest in Xion after she's brought back.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

I still think John Noble would be an excellent Master Xehanort. You can hear him as Scarecrow in Arkham Knight here at 1:45. https://youtu.be/tbg9Bqsvifg

Back