• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Home of David Tennant & Drake Bell Speculation!

IMDB can be edited by anyone. General rule of thumb with video games is to not believe anything put on IMDB.

Someone went through IMDB right after the E3 trailer and threw up all the previous voice actors for those characters from KH2.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Home of David Tennant & Drake Bell Speculation!

IMDB can be edited by anyone. General rule of thumb with video games is to not believe anything put on IMDB.

Someone went through IMDB right after the E3 trailer and threw up all the previous voice actors for those characters from KH2.
yeah i agreed i wouldnt be surpise if that james arnold taylor as jack uness he impoved himself then again would disney get deep for va even though dealing with problems

also evebody paul st peter has a twitter acount now
https://twitter.com/PaulStPeter4

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards

Speaking of james, no idea he voiced milo so that was cool to find out.

ImVentus

Awards

I wonder how far they gotten in the dialogue process of the game (in english) at this point?
I would find it strange if Mandy Moore wouldn't have recorded by now.

I bet they get most of the BH6 cast back to reprise. Even Daniel Henney came back for a few cameos in the series.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Found a tweet from nearly two months ago where Mark Hamill said he'd be up for recording Eraqus in KH3 if needed. Even if he's being sly or hasn't been in yet, it is good to know he's up for it.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Found a tweet from nearly two months ago where Mark Hamill said he'd be up for recording Eraqus in KH3 if needed. Even if he's being sly or hasn't been in yet, it is good to know he's up for it.

Nice! Since Bret Iwan said he was still working on the game, there’s still a chance. I’m anxious to see how much or little Eraqus will be involved. I wouldn’t mind Young Xehanort/Eraqus reports where we learn about their past. But I secretly hope he comes into the play for the final battle in some capacity.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

They would have asked Hamill before finding a replacement right? Though they chose Alyson over Hayden without contacting the latter.

Alternatively maybe Eraqus will have a non speaking appearance. His younger Drake Bell version could be the most we see of him

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Hamill is known for being sly so he might have been answering a fan without directly breaking NDA.

I don't think they would replace him but there's a chance old Eraqus won't come back. On the other hand, like half the cast haven't recorded yet. We know that the Tangled and Big Hero 6 casts haven't recorded yet (bit hard to do the BH6 recordings without the scenes finished for lip flap sync) so he might he required later on with the upcoming round of recording.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

I bet they get most of the BH6 cast back to reprise. Even Daniel Henney came back for a few cameos in the series.

I think that everyone except for Fred and Wasabi's voice actors from the film will return to reprise their roles. Perhaps they might use Brooks Wheelan and Khary Payton from the Television series to voice Fred and Wasabi respectively in the game.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

It's good that there are so many TV series and tightly knit casts still doing work for Tangled, BH6, and the upcoming Monster's Inc. show. Not to mention the cast of Frozen is always working.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

It's good that there are so many TV series and tightly knit casts still doing work for Tangled, BH6, and the upcoming Monster's Inc. show. Not to mention the cast of Frozen is always working.
Wait, what?! When did this get announced?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Looks like the voice actor for Max Goof wants Max in Kingdom Hearts! Probably means no Max for KH3 though since he’d likely be contracted for it already. I’d be down to see Max or Noel Kreiss in the series at some point though! https://twitter.com/jasonmarsden/status/1026570001250181120?s=21

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Would it be too late to sneak in a Max cameo during KH3's credits? Though it is nice to know the possibility of Max in the series rose a bit.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Would it be too late to sneak in a Max cameo during KH3's credits? Though it is nice to know the possibility of Max in the series rose a bit.

I think it could still be possible for something of that nature to happen. Plus, recording may or may not be complete. There’s still a chance he could make a cameo. I just don’t know about the implications it would have on Goofy being an absent father. But maybe Max could already be in college and this no need for parental supervision? Lol

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

speaking of va which va you will miss the most once the saga has ended?

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

Unsho Ishizuka the Japanese voice actor who voiced Captain Gantu in the Japanese dub of the Lilo & Stitch series and in Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep has passed away on Monday, August 13 as announced by his agency today. He was 67 by modern age reckoning, and 68 by traditional Japanese age reckoning.

Outside of voicing Gantu, anime fans know him as the voice of Jet Black from Cowboy Bebop, Professor Oak and the Narrator from Pokemon, old Joseph Joestar in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and Mr. Satan in the later iterations of Dragon Ball

Anime News Network

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Oh wow, that's unfortunate :(. Rest in Peace.

Scorseselover

I know I’m probably extremely late on this but my God I hope that’s Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow. If not then someone made a more convincing impression than Tidus.

Back