• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

redcrown

Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - The Drake Bell Speculation thread

I mean, he sounds odd in Re:CoM, but I've really grown to like him since. That's not to say I wasn't attached to Wayne nor change the fact I did prefer his version, but Bret's pretty good too, though I will admit, it does feel sometimes like he puts too much chipper in, whereas Wayne could be happy go lucky and then depressed af in a beautiful way.

Wayne was actually still Mickey for Re:Com. I don't like too look critically at his performance in that game since his health was falling apart at the time and he died soon after. But he still has a few good lines.

And yes, you hit the mark on the head. Wayne could play Mickey's emotions so smoothly and with grace. He was so in tune with the role, a perfect fit, but then again he had played Mickey for 32 years.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

bret was a bit awkward at first, i agree, but i feel he's fit into the role quite well.

im biased towards wayne as well but I've come to terms.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

Wayne was actually still Mickey for Re:Com. I don't like too look critically at his performance in that game since his health was falling apart at the time and he died soon after. But he still has a few good lines.

Huh, this whole I had been convinced Re:CoM Mickey had been Bret... which doesn't make much sense in retrospect, since Days came out after and is known by everyone to be Wayne's last role. Oops

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

namine must have fucked up your memories

Scorpio

Going off topic for a moment, if Square is ultimately unable to bring back Scott Adsit as Baymax for the San Fransokyo world, I would say Rob Paulsen would be a perfectly suitable fill-in.

[video=youtube;kmR6po_RSag]https://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmR6po_RSag[/video].

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Has anybody suggested Frank Oz as Master Xehanort? Because Frank Oz would make a great Master Xehanort.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

Has there been word on whether or not Leonard Nimoy recorded anything for KHIII before he passed away?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Has there been word on whether or not Leonard Nimoy recorded anything for KHIII before he passed away?

He most definitely didn't record anything. It seems like what we know of recording (if the VAs are truly sure of what they recorded), onlly Disney Cast Members have done work.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

So, if Melissa Benoist would (miraculously) voice someone for KH (presumably one of the girls in "Back Cover", who might also be in KHIII), would you want her to voice Skuld, Ava, or Anguis?

I guess Chirithy's also a possibility...

Or should we wait and see if the Master of Masters, or maybe even the Sixth Apprentice, are girls?

Or maybe even wait until we see what happens to Player?

(Not that this will probably end up happening, but it's fun to think about. It was discussed pages ago, I mean, that our lovely Supergirl is apparently a KH fan.^_^)

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Has anybody suggested Frank Oz as Master Xehanort? Because Frank Oz would make a great Master Xehanort.

lol that gave me flashbacks to when the first English BBS trailer was released and everyone thought Xehanort sounded like Yoda XD
Good times... good times...

To be honest, I'm almost wondering if they'll even have old Master Xehanort in the game... at least have him given new lines. It's a pretty rare case to have both the Japanese and English voice actors pass away simultaneously. To be honest, I was surprised he even appeared at all in KH3D at first because I assumed "his most future self" would re-appear as Terranort.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

do you think square or disney could get peter dinklage as the voice of master of masters

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

do you think square or disney could get peter dinklage as the voice of master of masters

We don't even know who the Master of Masters is. Also Peter Dinklage is great but not worth the money spent for a VA role.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

that money would be better spent on scott glenn for MX.

Sdog

Awards

We don't even know who the Master of Masters is. Also Peter Dinklage is great but not worth the money spent for a VA role.

Ya... his last VA role didn't blow over so well... lots of great shirts came from it though

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

ben diskin is flipin funny look at his twitter post

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Disneyland, actually but yes he's very funny. And he lurks around here from time-to-time

Back