• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - The Drake Bell Speculation thread

I think it's in the air. For any main characters, I definitely think they'll do retired vets / tv stars. BUT for secondary characters I think professional voice actors are probably where they'll go, like the Organization's.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - the Drake Bell Speculation thread

Personally I don't think they will have as many anime voice actors in KH3 and will try to go with a lot of unknown talent or up-and-coming TV and movie talents.

Michelle Ruff?

I highly doubt we'll get that. I think we'll get voice actors.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I highly doubt we'll get that. I think we'll get voice actors.

Despite the fact Square Enix has been hiring unknown actors for awhile for their games now, Disney has always pushed for unknown voice actors, Disney voice actors, and Disney actors in their video games? Okay.

Even KH2's cast is comprised of a third of more well known VAs and a bunch of actors/previously unknown actors. KH1 was almost all all-star. BBS was also all-star. KH3D was a blend.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Despite the fact Square Enix has been hiring unknown actors for awhile for their games now, Disney has always pushed for unknown voice actors, Disney voice actors, and Disney actors in their video games? Okay.

Even KH2's cast is comprised of a third of more well known VAs and a bunch of actors/previously unknown actors. KH1 was almost all all-star. BBS was also all-star. KH3D was a blend.

I absolutely expect to see unknowns for some newer disney characters, there's no way they'll be able to get ALL those celebrities back to voice those characters.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I absolutely expect to see unknowns for some newer disney characters, there's no way they'll be able to get ALL those celebrities back to voice those characters.

Yea, exactly. Not to mention with the looming potential for voice actors to strike, many current VAs may not even be willing or able to work if things don't turn around soon with negotiations.

Disney has always been very proactive in pushing for unknown people, especially as a way to foster talent.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

speaking of va strike what the word on that it is going to happen and idont mind unknown i like they going outside there confort zone to find va

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

speaking of va strike what the word on that it is going to happen and idont mind unknown i like they going outside there confort zone to find va

They are currently authorized to strike, so it is hanging there if big publishers don't respond. Currently the big publishers aren't even bothering to listen to the requests of SAG-AFTRA's unionized voice actors so…who knows when they will start striking but it will likely be sometime soon if things continue like this.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

I was wondering if we were going to talk about the possibility of the strike happening. Sad thing is it affects most of the current cast.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

I was wondering if we were going to talk about the possibility of the strike happening. Sad thing is it affects most of the current cast.

I wouldn't say *most*, like 90% of the cast is Disney talent and they're all considered freelance. It would be sad to miss, like, Quinton Flynn but even if a strike happens right now, localization is the last thing that happens. There's plenty of time to solve it.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

Well if that strike happens, DISNEY should just spend the extra cash to get the real actors into the recording booth. Pay the cash to get Idina Menzel, Kristen Bell, and all the others. Who needs the voice actors, just pay up big for real people. Avengers 2 brought DISNEY loads of cash, so just use that.

Muke

whatever
Awards

Well if that strike happens, DISNEY should just spend the extra cash to get the real actors into the recording booth. Pay the cash to get Idina Menzel, Kristen Bell, and all the others. Who needs the voice actors, just pay up big for real people. Avengers 2 brought DISNEY loads of cash, so just use that.
You know, it's not so easy with the cash..

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

money doesn't work that way at all. they could probably get idina menzel, and kristen bell to reunite with jason dohring, but actors aren't just lining up to be in kingdom hearts. there's a strike for VAs which could dampen the process, the KH team is only allowed a certain budget by disney interactive, who are only allowed a certain budget by the higher ups at disney and so on.

some actors it isn't even an issue of money, lets use johnny depp as an example. he was willing to reprise his role of jack sparrow for KH2 but he was booked up. outside of KH, tom hardy was going to play rick flag in suicide squad but he dropped out due to schedule conflicts with the revenant.

if disney could just apply money to the problem area like a bandage, they would. but business isn't that simple an issue.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

Michelle Ruff?

...Wait. I'm assuming this is Luna's English voice actor for Sailor Moon Crystal? Huh. I didn't even realize that SMC had a dub out yet. If this is the case, I'm totally sucking at being a Sailor Moon fan right now. (Edit: I just realized that I foolishly forgot that the people they got to do the Sailor Moon voices for Viz Media are probably the ones that are in--or will be in--the Sailor Moon Crystal dub, so you can feel free to ignore my questioning about this anime now; probably for the best, because I don't want to derail the thread. LOL.)

But now that you mention it, you're probably right, Master Spockanort. Most of the people I mentioned probably wouldn't be approached by Disney, huh?

Oh, well. Can't say I was that attached to any of them; they were just some of the voices that ran through my head whenever I read Chirithy's dialogue. But I'm sure that Disney can find someone more than amazing to play our favorite little Scottish Fold Cat:)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Game-Of-Thrones-sean-bean-30991109-500-375.jpg

i want sean bean for chirithy. chirithy has a high-pitched voice so a deep, scottish voice like him would be a pretty good parallel. a stretch, yeah, but it'd be cool.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

money doesn't work that way at all. they could probably get idina menzel, and kristen bell to reunite with jason dohring, but actors aren't just lining up to be in kingdom hearts. there's a strike for VAs which could dampen the process, the KH team is only allowed a certain budget by disney interactive, who are only allowed a certain budget by the higher ups at disney and so on.

some actors it isn't even an issue of money, lets use johnny depp as an example. he was willing to reprise his role of jack sparrow for KH2 but he was booked up. outside of KH, tom hardy was going to play rick flag in suicide squad but he dropped out due to schedule conflicts with the revenant.

if disney could just apply money to the problem area like a bandage, they would. but business isn't that simple an issue.

WHAT!? Johnny Depp was going to do KH2?! I actually thought he was one of the people definitely not going to reprise his role! DISNEY should boost the budget for voice acting because that was the allure of KH1 - that they got so many original voice actors from the movies to come back for the game. I really need Idina to be in KH3. I also really want Amy Poehler... that would be a dream come true. And Chris Pratt!

(I'm glad that Tom turned down Suicide Squad for Revenant, I don't want Tom to be anywhere near that disaster)

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

WHAT!? Johnny Depp was going to do KH2?! I actually thought he was one of the people definitely not going to reprise his role! DISNEY should boost the budget for voice acting because that was the allure of KH1 - that they got so many original voice actors from the movies to come back for the game. I really need Idina to be in KH3. I also really want Amy Poehler... that would be a dream come true. And Chris Pratt!

Yeah, but KH1 didn't have any live action films with big actors and they definitely skipped plenty original voice actors. (Jane, Sally, Hercules, Phil, Mushu, I could go on)

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

Yeah, but KH1 didn't have any live action films with big actors and they definitely skipped plenty original voice actors. (Jane, Sally, Hercules, Phil, Mushu, I could go on)

Jane, Sally, Phil, and Mushu were pretty minor in KH1. Hercules I don't understand, but I still think Samwise did a good job voicing him.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

Game-Of-Thrones-sean-bean-30991109-500-375.jpg

i want sean bean for chirithy. chirithy has a high-pitched voice so a deep, scottish voice like him would be a pretty good parallel. a stretch, yeah, but it'd be cool.

I second this motion. We already lost out on James Earl Jones voicing Aqua. We can't let this chance pass us by again!

OK, in all seriousness, it sucks that there's probably going to be a strike. I just hope that if it occurs, it doesn't last long.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I second this motion. We already lost out on James Earl Jones voicing Aqua. We can't let this chance pass us by again!

OK, in all seriousness, it sucks that there's probably going to be a strike. I just hope that if it occurs, it doesn't last long.
who isn't being serious? i feel SB voicing back cover would be really cool.

Patricier21

What is this strike you speak of?

Back