• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - RIP Otsuka, Nimoy, Lee

I'm hoping with it being KH3 there is more attention put on in the voice acting.

I hope so too, but considering the delivery on the trailer was cringe-worthy, I'm going to keep my hopes low.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It wasn't cringeworthy...so much as it was just super flirty without even trying to be.

On Eraqus' end, he sounded less like he was lying at the beginning (like in Japanese) and more like he was just 100% innocent and hopeful. (Also I am uneasy at the possibility that he is Drake Bell even though it isn't that strange since he's Spider-Man in the animated shows by Disney...) The innocent act made it uncomfortable-sounding to me.

I thought Xehanort was fine in comparison. Diskin is great as always considering what they gave him, but at the same time I think the Okuda had a more nuanced performance.

Edit: I should note that I think that the difference in Okuda and Diskin's performances are probably also due to time...A rush job for E3 in English vs probably less hasty job to have an updated version of the lines recorded in 2014 for the JP version of the 2015 trailer...

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

It wasn't cringeworthy...so much as it was just super flirty without even trying to be.

On Eraqus' end, he sounded less like he was lying at the beginning (like in Japanese) and more like he was just 100% innocent and hopeful. (Also I am uneasy at the possibility that he is Drake Bell even though it isn't that strange since he's Spider-Man in the animated shows by Disney...) The innocent act made is uncomfortable-sounding to me.

I thought Xehanort was fine in comparison. Diskin is great as always considering what they gave him, but at the same time I think the Okuda had a more nuanced performance.

I wasn't into it mostly because of Bell's performance for the reasons you listed. (I'm 99% sure it's him, I had literally seen him at Disneyland the week before, in line for the Matterhorn and Disney-bounding as Mickey. The boy loves Disney)

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

I hope so too, but considering the delivery on the trailer was cringe-worthy, I'm going to keep my hopes low.
I didn't think it was that bad. But honestly, I also expect them to redo the recording for the game proper, too.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

I didn't think it was that bad. But honestly, I also expect them to redo the recording for the game proper, too.

Oh, I hope so. (◡‿◡✿)*:・゚✧

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I wasn't into it mostly because of Bell's performance for the reasons you listed. (I'm 99% sure it's him, I had literally seen him at Disneyland the week before, in line for the Matterhorn and Disney-bounding as Mickey. The boy loves Disney)

Not surprising considering his personality in general. Oh wow! That must have been an experience!

I think we just need more Eraqus to really get a feel of how he'll be as him. (And a rerecording of the trailer lines for the full game haha)

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

I imagine the performances will be better once the actors actually have the full scene and understand the full scene instead of just given a handful of lines out of context lol

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

idk, i'm still kinda fucked up at the thought of drake bell as eraqus.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

with kingdom hearts x back being in kingdom hearts 3 graphics and probally going to voice actors i wonder who going to vice each forteller like maybe having hayden voice ava?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

Yeah, if the reincarnation theory is a Thing, then I imagine they will double up on all the VAs like that.

I really hope it isn't though. Like goodness, this series needs more characters that aren't connected to the current cast in some way. And I'd love to have a whole slew of new voice actors, too.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Yeah, if the reincarnation theory is a Thing, then I imagine they will double up on all the VAs like that.

I really hope it isn't though. Like goodness, this series needs more characters that aren't connected to the current cast in some way. And I'd love to have a whole slew of new voice actors, too.
yeah i see your point but if ava really kairi grandmother i can see they bring in a voice actor that sound simluar to hayden for her voice though

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

Kairi's Grandma is old but she's not literally millennia old lol

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Kairi's Grandma is old but she's not literally millennia old lol
true but who to say ava manged to get out the relam of darkness and start a family that led to kairi i mean she knows all about the first keyblade war. speaking of voice actors who will be the voice actor that will spill the eban they are woking on kingdom hearts 3

Last edited:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

Everyone knows about the Keyblade War. It's a legend for a reason lol.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Everyone knows about the Keyblade War. It's a legend for a reason lol.
still though with ava wearing simular colors to kairi and her peronality like kairi it can't corridance that she has connetion to kairi in some way.i don't once he find more about ava in unchanied key and in back cover then we can found out wheater she has a connetion to kari or not

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

Is her personality even similar to Kairi's? I haven't been following X super closely, but Ava just seems like the generic woman leader character who is concerned about children and the future. Kairi is like a spunky sassy teen in her dialogue.

Muke

whatever
Awards

Is her personality even similar to Kairi's? I haven't been following X super closely, but Ava just seems like the generic woman leader character who is concerned about children and the future. Kairi is like a spunky sassy teen in her dialogue.

Actually, don't know if that one's true though, Ava was all against the Keybladewar. (At least that's what I read.)
And Kairi, too, seems like someone who wouldn't go into war just like "oh well", lol.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

Actually, don't know if that one's true though, Ava was all against the Keybladewar. (At least that's what I read.)
And Kairi, too, seems like someone who wouldn't go into war just like "oh well", lol.
That's a pretty low bar to clear for saying someone has a similar personality to someone else.

Most characters aren't going to go into a war like that =____=;;

Muke

whatever
Awards

That's a pretty low bar to clear for saying someone has a similar personality to someone else.

Most characters aren't going to go into a war like that =____=;;
True. I was talking about the similarities anyway. She also has the same color palette and stuff.

Whatever, I did not play X yet, so who am I to talk about X, anyway?

EDIT: Plus, she was the ONLY one of the Foretellers, who didn't want to go into war. *shrugs*

Back