• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - What VAs do you want to see return for KH3?

I've heard Heroes picks up a miniseries format starting 2015. All that's confirmed is that it will consist of 13 episodes, but do you think it would play a role in Hayden's involvement in KH3?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - What VAs do you want to see return for KH3?

I've heard Heroes picks up a miniseries format starting 2015. All that's confirmed is that it will consist of 13 episodes, but do you think it would play a role in Hayden's involvement in KH3?

Really depends on what the miniseries is trying to accomplish.

I don't think it'll take yrs. that's just speculating. I think at the very least we could know next year.
Anything rumors about Hayden or Gallagher.
is there gonna be a jungle book world by any chance?

Dude, we know next to nothing about Kingdom Hearts 3. We never get rumors of David or Hayden because he doesn't use social media and Hayden doesn't talk about Kingdom Hearts. Ever. You're more likely to get information from Jesse McCartney (who tends to just manage to leak stuff always), smaller VAs who don't read their NDA agreements, and the ones who just don't give a damn about NDAs in general because they really do nothing for a series like Kingdom Hearts lol.

If you really want to stay up-to-date on what is going on with the series, pay attention to our main site. Whenever there is ANYTHING new, it'll be right up there for you to see.

Kingdom Hearts Insider

If there is a world announcement, it'd be there. A voice actor announcement? Right on that main page of ours.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

I've read the new series is going to focus on new characters and that ones from the original series may have cameos at best.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

Am I the only one who thinks that Hayley's performance is just all over the place? It's had so many highs and lows.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

Am I the only one who thinks that Hayley's performance is just all over the place? It's had so many highs and lows.

Admittedly yes, it has been. That being said, to me it seems more likely due to having to constantly go back to the Kingdom Hearts I Sora in nearly every game since II. His current voice has matured considerably since the first game which means he has to put in much more effort in sounding younger than for his appearance in II. It is for this exact reason that I believe that his performances in II and Birth by Sleep were his best in the series because he was allowed to sound older and more mature (especially as Vanitas). This is why I am hoping that III having a more mature Sora translates to having an older voice among other things to make Hayley Joel Osmont's performance seem more natural and make his job infinitely easier.

sonickenshin

Awards

You're definitely not the only one. Sora has always been in his higher range (even in KH2), and as kuraudo said, he's trying even harder for the KH3D outing, and his voice changed even more. Though, hopefully, for KHIII Sora, they'll allow for a more natural performance.

Awards

If they do put the black cauldron in KHIII or future KH games they should get John Hurt to reprise his role as the Horned King.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

If they do put the black cauldron in KHIII or future KH games they should get John Hurt to reprise his role as the Horned King.

That would be godly, but I don't know whether that is possible or not. He is getting on in age and while he is certainly not as old as Christopher Lee, I wonder if he can still travel overseas?

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

Chris Niosi (aka Kirbopher) made this video about the voice acting in Kingdom Hearts. Most of this stuff people here already know, but it's a cool video.

[video=youtube;MYH7q_oMj8w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYH7q_oMj8w[/video]

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Chris Niosi (aka Kirbopher) made this video about the voice acting in Kingdom Hearts. Most of this stuff people here already know, but it's a cool video.

I had to stop watching the video when they showed the FFXIII logo. (Then I continued.) It was good though!

Special Guest Leonard Nimoy. Okay....not really "special guest"

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

Nice, a Kirpopher video. I liked how he was able to go relatively in depth with some of the roles that the voice actors had before and after. Also, kinda wished that there were more bios in the video for other characters like Aqua and the Twilight Town gang.

I had to stop watching the video when they showed the FFXIII logo. (Then I continued.) It was good though!

Special Guest Leonard Nimoy. Okay....not really "special guest"

Nobody would have blamed you...

WhinyAcademic

Awards

That would be godly, but I don't know whether that is possible or not. He is getting on in age and while he is certainly not as old as Christopher Lee, I wonder if he can still travel overseas?

He doesn't have to travel. Christopher Lee himself said he'd love to voice Smaug in the Hobbit, so he wouldn't have to travel overseas at his age, yet still be a part of the film. Hugo Weaving stayed in Australia while he recorded the role of Megatron for the Transformers films.

Doesn't seem like a voice actor has to travel anywhere to voice a character. I saw a video of the Toy Story cast recording their parts all around the United States, and they only had to travel to a nearby recording booth (which is why the cast couldn't record together even if they wanted to). Though David Kaye, while playing Transformers Animated Optimus Prime, had to fly back and forth from home in Canada to LA to record. *shrug* But I think Hurt could still reprise the role even without traveling overseas.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

He doesn't have to travel. Christopher Lee himself said he'd love to voice Smaug in the Hobbit, so he wouldn't have to travel overseas at his age, yet still be a part of the film. Hugo Weaving stayed in Australia while he recorded the role of Megatron for the Transformers films.

Doesn't seem like a voice actor has to travel anywhere to voice a character. I saw a video of the Toy Story cast recording their parts all around the United States, and they only had to travel to a nearby recording booth (which is why the cast couldn't record together even if they wanted to). Though David Kaye, while playing Transformers Animated Optimus Prime, had to fly back and forth from home in Canada to LA to record. *shrug* But I think Hurt could still reprise the role even without traveling overseas.

The reason I mentioned traveling was because I thought I heard that Disney wanted to have all of their voice work done somewhere in Los Angeles. Of course, I could be wrong and if it turns out I'm not, they may have changed the policy over the years. At the very least, I can only hope that they can make accommodations for John Hurt if he can reprise his role for The Black Cauldron.

Also, while were at it, can we please have Christopher Lee voice Ansem the Wise at least one more time? If he's only going to reprise his role once more, it might as well be in a main title like III.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

They do get all their voice recording one in Burbank California, you're quite right. I don't know why they refuse to let Christopher Lee voice where he's most comfortable though.

Narxus

The only one I really don't want to come back is Jason Dohring. His voice was a terrible choice for Terra

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

The only one I really don't want to come back is Jason Dohring. His voice was a terrible choice for Terra

I thought he fit the character well, and while he didn't have a great start, he improved dramatically by the end of the game.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

Speaking of Jason Dohring, apparently he'll be reading the City of Heavenly Fire audiobook alongside Sophie Turner (from Game of Thrones), which I think is cool. Sophie Turner and Jason Dohring to narrate the ‘City of Heavenly Fire’ audio book | TMI Source

Any sort of voice over work for him would be a great way for him to practice, I think, as I do like Dohring and thought he did a good job as Terra. He just needs a bit more experience under his belt, is all.

But do you think this will effect anything? I can't imagine it would take that long to record for an audio book, right? Certainly nothing that should keep him from voicing Terra in KHIII.

Though if he has to record anything for II.5 (which I don't think he'll have to, as there weren't really any new scenes in that game), that could be a problem, maybe.

Back