• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - What VAs do you want to see return for KH3?

Never understood why Aqua's english voice got any hate, Willa Holland's voice sounds perfect for Aqua to me. I love the way her voice sort of raises in an elegant manner at the end of each bit of dialogue.
Willa Holland is one of my favorite English-language VAs in Kingdom Hearts and she MUST return for KHIII. You're right: she's totally perfect for the character.

Well if people will have such a major issue with Pocahontas, they should do it before The English arrive. That way it'd kind of show why Pocahontas was more open-minded to them in the movie. Have Sora and company leave a little before the English arrive. I just really want a Pocahontas world.
This is the only way I could see a Pocahontas world not being completely problematic. At least the narrative wouldn't be driven by historical parody. Just as long as they don't throw feathers in Sora's hair or douse Donald in war paint. :x

Plus, it would force Square to create an original storyline for the World, which is what they should be doing with all of the Disney properties, lest we get another KHII scenario.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - What VAs do you want to see return for KH3?

Willa Holland is one of my favorite English-language VAs in Kingdom Hearts and she MUST return for KHIII. You're right: she's totally perfect for the character.

Oh yes. I absolutely love Willa's voice. She sounds so natural as Aqua. No delivery is forced or over the top, which I think ultimately lends to her character. That normalcy is much needed to ground the series. I think many people consider it bad or bland when cascaded against a parade of Disney caricature-type voices, but in actuality she's reading very well.

This is the only way I could see a Pocahontas world not being completely problematic. At least the narrative wouldn't be driven by historical parody. Just as long as they don't throw feathers in Sora's hair or douse Donald in war paint. :x

Plus, it would force Square to create an original storyline for the World, which is what they should be doing with all of the Disney properties, lest we get another KHII scenario.

I was going to bring up this scenario when we were talking about it earlier. I had a whole chapter full of rebuttle, but my browser crashed. I'll address the rest of your comments in pm, cuz - voice actor thread. But yes, this scenario could totally work. You see?! *pokes* ;p

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

Oh yes. I absolutely love Willa's voice. She sounds so natural as Aqua. No delivery is forced or over the top, which I think ultimately lends to her character. That normalcy is much needed to ground the series. I think many people consider it bad or bland when cascaded against a parade of Disney caricature-type voices, but in actuality she's reading very well.
Ahhh, Willa Holland love. Let's all just bask in it. <3

But yes, this scenario could totally work. You see?! *pokes* ;p
Not quite that enthusiastic about it. :p

nightless_moon

i would like to see vexan to return i hate larxene shes so mean XD when i ment mean i ment the B word xD lol btw alexis i cant reply to your message after 10 minutes for some stupid reason and ill just reply : im good lol ^.^ haha.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

i would like to see vexan to return i hate larxene shes so mean XD when i ment mean i ment the B word xD lol btw alexis i cant reply to your message after 10 minutes for some stupid reason and ill just reply : im good lol ^.^ haha.

That's nice. Do you enjoy Derek Stephen Prince's work as Vexen?

marluxi4

Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread

I want to see all of Organization XIII's "others". Part of the reason I love Birth by Sleep so much is because it really delves into their original selves, and when they were Sora's age. I want to see cutscenes of the experiment going wrong and turning them into heartless.

Patricier21

Hi there i have a peitition to sign to get Willa to return as Aqua, if you could sign and share it on social networks it would b greatly appreciated:

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/make-willa-holland-continue-to-voice-aqua-in-kingdom-hearts

blksabbath74

Is Hayden Panettiere going to do the voicework for Kairi?

I love her to death, but there are 2 reasons I don't see this happening;

1) She has a very busy TV schedule, plus any movies...

2) Her voice has gotten huskier, and doesn't really seem child-like to me.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Is Hayden Panettiere going to do the voicework for Kairi?

She did it in BBS and was Xion in KH3D. At the time of KH3D she was working on Nashville. So...It's up to her & her agent in the end.

Kairi having an "airy princess" voice was BS anyways. If she is Kairi, she'll probably use something closer to her speaking voice. I knew 15 year olds that sounded like grown women. It's totally fine for her to not sound "child-like" anymore.

I think Hayden would be a fool to pass up KH3. It's the most hyped KH game in years.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

She didn't have a "child-like" voice by KH2 either, the director ordered her to make her voice higher so that she would sound more "princessy".

It really depends on her schedule and KH3 is still a ways away. The voice work is one of the last things done. KH3 is a high profile game and since she's been easing her way back into the series as of late, I'd say there's a good chance of seeing her again. KH3 would be her first major role in the series since KH2, unlike the games she's been doing now where she only does snipits.

blksabbath74

I mean, don't get me wrong, I think it would be great if she was involved. She's just very busy.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

It's possible that she won't as well. KH3 is a high profile game but by the time it's time to do the voice work, she may have found something better as well. It's just too early at this point. KH3 would be coming out next year at the earliest.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Hi there i have a peitition to sign to get Willa to return as Aqua, if you could sign and share it on social networks it would b greatly appreciated:

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/make-willa-holland-continue-to-voice-aqua-in-kingdom-hearts

No offense but why is there a petition for something we don't even know is true? We are ages away from when they will record for KH3.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

The petition itself is in rather poor form, don't you think? You can't "make" a person do anything. Whether Willa returns or not is completely up to her and her manager, and no petition can change that.

Not to mention there's no legitimate proof to support the claims that she won't be returning. The email that was allegedly sent to Willa is highly suspect and all signs pointed to a false recipient.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I do agree that she is really busy given Nashville is in limbo and might be picked back up (I couldn't find much about it when I looked it up just now, perhaps someone who knows more about the show would know better) but I think for something as big as KH3, she could make time to come back. I mean she was consistently working as well during KH2's production, but came back for that. I understand why she didn't for some of the handhelds since it probably didn't sound as big as KH3 will sound.

Tailikku1

Awards

I've got high hopes for a Jungle Book world, but since Ed Gilbert died I don't know if there's ever been a high demand for Phil Harris impersonators. John Goodman voiced Baloo in the sequel, but even if they managed to get John Goodman, I personally felt he was miscast for that role. And as much as I love Corey Burton, I felt his Tony Jay impression felt a bit lifeless in DDD, so if he is hired to reprise it as Shere Khan I hope a little more menace & snobbishness could be added. Jim Cummings as Kaa will be enjoyable without a doubt.

The only other guy we can get to voice Baloo would be John Goodman, having voiced him in the Jungle Book 2 (which also had Haley as the voice of Mowgli) or at least his sound alike Brian Cummings (aka that guy that does the Walt Disney Home Video announcements).

Now I also know that Frank Welker once voiced Shere Khan for an episode of the Wonderful World of Disney called "Disney's Greatest Villains" (circa 1983, as it brings up the Black Hole, Tron, and Something Wicked This Way Comes), along with the late Hal Smith voicing Kaa (also using his Pooh voice from the Day for Eeyore), and his take on the tiger was very close to George Sanders. So if not Corey, then they could get Frank on board.

And to anyone wondering who would voice Louie, there is only one guy for the job and that's Jim Cummings, reprising the role from TaleSpin.

Awards

I think she'd do it. She did that tiny part in 3D as Xion. As well as Kairi in BBS. She's not really appearing in any upcoming movies that we know of, and Nashville is just a show which is on ABC (owned by Disney). Plus, I'm sure Disney pays really well for it. She's not as "A-List" as everyone thinks she is. And she's said in plenty of interviews that she loves voicing Kairi.

I'm actually hoping Brittany Snow returns as Namine. I thought she was PERFECT in that role. Plus she's not big anymore either...

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

I'm actually hoping Brittany Snow returns as Namine. I thought she was PERFECT in that role. Plus she's not big anymore either...

Well... I personally believe Britanny Snow is going to be another Billy Zane. She hasn't appeared in any of the games since KH2, and assuming that KH3 is going to see release in 2015, that would make it a decade of her absence. I'm not completely dismissing the possibility, but from the way things have been about Namine, I think there's a great chance that Meaghan Jette Martin will voice her instead in KH3.

Awards

Well... I personally believe Britanny Snow is going to be another Billy Zane. She hasn't appeared in any of the games since KH2, and assuming that KH3 is going to see release in 2015, that would make it a decade of her absence. I'm not completely dismissing the possibility, but from the way things have been about Namine, I think there's a great chance that Meaghan Jette Martin will voice her instead in KH3.

Yeah.. I mean honestly, I don't even think she'd be asked back by Disney. I actually believe she'd say yes if Disney did ask her, but since Meaghan Jette Martin has been voicing Namine since Re:CoM and being a former "Disney Girl" she's more accessible to them.

HOWEVER, Namine has a new scene in KH2FM and the smartest thing for Disney to do would be to ask Brittany back to do it, because it's only one scene. I'd hate to see it remain unvoiced, and if they have Meaghan do it, they'll end up having her record over all of Brittany's voicing. ..Which I'm not here for. So it's possible that if Brittany did return for it, they could very well end up asking her to do KH3 as well.

We've only seen Meaghan voice "young" Namine in Re:CoM, Days, and Re:coded. It could be like the "young" Kairi and "older" Kairi situation with Alyson and Hayden. (I'm hoping)

Back