• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

moonstar_xo

Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - What VAs do you want to see return for KH3?

I actually rather liked both Jason as Terra and Willa as Aqua :c I think they both just could have used some more practice in VAing before taking on their respective roles. Overall I do think Willa did a better job, though. Aside from the very beginning and a few stray lines throughout the game, I think she did great. And I think her voice matches her age/personality well. Jason wasn't consistently good until towards the end of his story, I think, but I think his voice also matches his age/personality.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - What VAs do you want to see return for KH3?

I actually rather liked both Jason as Terra and Willa as Aqua :c I think they both just could have used some more practice in VAing before taking on their respective roles. Overall I do think Willa did a better job, though. Aside from the very beginning and a few stray lines throughout the game, I think she did great. And I think her voice matches her age/personality well. Jason wasn't consistently good until towards the end of his story, I think, but I think his voice also matches his age/personality.
I agree for the most part. Willa wasn't perfect but I found her more tolerable than Jason overall, at least until the end.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

You can't solely blame Willa and Jason though. The voice director was the one who decided that those takes were fine, and he didn't ask for them to put in more emotion in certain scenes.

I'm glad they both found their footing towards the end though. They were amature voice actors and the casting director decided that they would be right for the role.

Gram

Banned
Awards

^
I don't blame them. As you said, they was fairly new to the VA'ing gig when they made bbs. So I just attributed it to inexperience.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Hey, hey, he's cute.
I guess they're just doing this to prepare another Mickey in case anything happens to Brett, and this time they're giving him some practice on the "lesser" work.

Edit: wait a minute he was Brian from the Office OOOOOOO:::

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

After the beginning scenes in LoD I warmed up to Jason and Willa though I preferred Jason's work over Willa's.

So do you guys think chris diamantopoulos may replace Bret iwan as Mickey, or is it only for the new shots?
http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Chris-Diamantopoulos/

Well someone in the comments said it was just for that short so i'll go with that. xD

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

I didnt realize it was a new voice actor for the shorts, but it kinda makes sense, since this is somewhat really old fashion mickey and his voice was different in the early years

kingmickey88

I didnt realize it was a new voice actor for the shorts, but it kinda makes sense, since this is somewhat really old fashion mickey and his voice was different in the early years
What's going on exactly with Bret? Is he quitting KH?

Gram

Banned
Awards

I didn't realize it was a new VA either. o_0

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

What's going on exactly with Bret? Is he quitting KH?

What? No.

The new Mickey Mouse shorts are voiced by a different guy (Chris Diamantopoulos), seemingly because of his ability to mimic Walt Disney's voice for Mickey. Bret Iwan is still the official Mickey Mouse voice, having appeared at very recent Disney fan events and is continuing to do voice acting for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

He is not replacing Bret Iwan.

Awards

Maybe Chris could voice the 1928 Mickey Mouse if they go to a past world based off other Mickey shorts.

I know this is unrelistic but I would absolutely love for Bill Zane to return to KH3. just for KH3 for that triumphant return

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards

Does anyone else feel like Terra's VA should have been someone with more of an edge to his voice, sorta angry? I felt like any scene where Terra was being very emotional was very flat, like I didn't really believe the emotion he was trying to convey. For example, I was literally straight faced the entire scene where Terra was supposedly pissed at MX for tricking him into killing Eraqus, like I did not empathize one bit.

THOUGHTS?

kingmickey88

What? No.

The new Mickey Mouse shorts are voiced by a different guy (Chris Diamantopoulos), seemingly because of his ability to mimic Walt Disney's voice for Mickey. Bret Iwan is still the official Mickey Mouse voice, having appeared at very recent Disney fan events and is continuing to do voice acting for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

He is not replacing Bret Iwan.
what shorts are you talking about?

kingmickey88

What's the news? It's been quiet for awhile

Back