• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Corey Burton On Voice Acting

I don't think most people would have even known you were talking about Larxene.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

Sorry should have made it clear who she voiced.

Anyways, I can't wait to hear the newly voiced scenes in days.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

So they have to ether have record in Australia, or haver her fly to Japan to record her lines.
Hey, thats where I live.

I don't think most people would have even known you were talking about Larxene.
I personally thought it was Kairi or something xD

Anyways, I can't wait to hear the newly voiced scenes in days.
Y-yeah... can't wait *wooo*

kingmickey88

Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - What VAs do you want to see return for KH3?

My only hope for Kingdom Hearts 3 is to have all 3 actors in it that started the franchise :) Having Hayden, David, and Haley would be fantastic. Even though Hayden has been in for one or two games but very very small scenes, it'd be amazing to have her back as Kiari in a bigger role since KH2.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - What VAs do you want to see return for KH3?

Is it weird that I really just want Aqua to have another scene with Maleficent because I think Willa Holland and Susanne Blakeslee have incredible voice chemistry. Am I the only one in the world who thinks this. D:

Also I really want to see if Jason Dorhing picked up on the feedback he got for Terra. When he was good, he was so good...but he needs to be good all the time, and he wasn't. Seeing him play the part to its fullest potential would be probably magnificent.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

My only hope for Kingdom Hearts 3 is to have all 3 actors in it that started the franchise :) Having Hayden, David, and Haley would be fantastic. Even though Hayden has been in for one or two games but very very small scenes, it'd be amazing to have her back as Kiari in a bigger role since KH2.

haley and david are going i can't imagine the game without them however i not sure about hayden depend on schledure if not hayden then look for stoner to due kairi voice

kingmickey88

haley and david are going i can't imagine the game without them however i not sure about hayden depend on schledure if not hayden then look for stoner to due kairi voice
I would think Haley and David would do it for sure but for hayden and her show Nashville being on abc it would be tough but hopefully their would some miracle that she could do the game. It would be so cool to see from beginning to end of the series.

KeybladeMaster07

Not trying to sound like a hater or anything, but I hope they replace the VA of Aqua and MX. I played BBS in Japanese first and I found Aqua's and MX voice sound perfect. But in the english one, I didn't get the same sort of feels as I did in Japanese. In english, Aqua sounds more like a mom than a young woman. And MX sounds like a smoker with lung cancer >.> Maybe if they directed the VA for both MX and Aqua to just change the tone of their voices, i think it would then be perfect. MX should have that old man sound but be more clear in his dialogue rather than raspy. And for Aqua, I think they should bring in another VA who has a slightly higher pitch voice than the current one.

Pestilence

Awards

Not trying to sound like a hater or anything, but I hope they replace the VA of Aqua and MX. I played BBS in Japanese first and I found Aqua's and MX voice sound perfect. But in the english one, I didn't get the same sort of feels as I did in Japanese. In english, Aqua sounds more like a mom than a young woman. And MX sounds like a smoker with lung cancer >.> Maybe if they directed the VA for both MX and Aqua to just change the tone of their voices, i think it would then be perfect. MX should have that old man sound but be more clear in his dialogue rather than raspy. And for Aqua, I think they should bring in another VA who has a slightly higher pitch voice than the current one.

More interesting question is if Leonard Nimoy is even working (or let's face it, in the worst case scenario even alive) when the KH3 voice work is done. He got out of retirement once already.

I hope he will be able to do KH3. His voice while crude is very unique and has grown on me. Plus since supposedly KH3 will be the last we see of him I'd rather not ruin the consistency.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

More interesting question is if Leonard Nimoy is even working (or let's face it, in the worst case scenario even alive) when the KH3 voice work is done. He got out of retirement once already.

Leonard Nimoy says he's retired but he really isn't. He's done work for commercials and movies every year so far. He's even made an appearance in a film for an iconic series this year, and appeared in a car commercial promoting the film with one of its stars (who is also a good friend of his now.)

Lol Nomura personally requested for Leonard Nimoy so unless he dies, he isn't going anywhere. Lol Leonard Nimoy was a smoker who quit, but it is what has made his raspy voice rather iconic and was what Nomura and the Japanese voice director wanted by choosing Nimoy.

Willa Holland just needs more practice, honestly. I wouldn't blame the voice actors 100%, but the voice directors who actually direct them in how to speak. Aqua is a mom-like character so they wanted her to sound that way, like a mature older sister. Willa Holland's regular speaking voice is much more what I think you want Aqua to sound like.

kingmickey88

I was only curious... has anyone done a tally of all voice actors who returned to each game... besides the 4, Haley, David, Tony, and Bill farmer.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com

I would hope all of the actors reprise their roles. I just like continuity in the voice cast, unless it's absolutely impossible. But, I also think some characters could benefit from better casting.

I would love to see young Xehanort be voiced by Billy Zane again. (False Ansem had the best voice to represent the character). Unless the villain is elder Xehanort, then Leonard Nimoy is the preferred option.

Terra has one of the worst castings I've ever seen. He ruined BBS. Cast Matt Lanter, he is a far superior actor, and would provide the proper emotional depth and struggle to portray Terra.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I would love to see young Xehanort be voiced by Billy Zane again.
Again? Young Xehanort has only been voiced by David Gallagher (BBS for one line) and Ben Diskin, KHInsider's favourite voice guy.

Awards

I would hope all of the actors reprise their roles. I just like continuity in the voice cast, unless it's absolutely impossible. But, I also think some characters could benefit from better casting.

I would love to see young Xehanort be voiced by Billy Zane again. (False Ansem had the best voice to represent the character). Unless the villain is elder Xehanort, then Leonard Nimoy is the preferred option.

Terra has one of the worst castings I've ever seen. He ruined BBS. Cast Matt Lanter, he is a far superior actor, and would provide the proper emotional depth and struggle to portray Terra.
Don't you mean Christian Bale?

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com

Again? Young Xehanort has only been voiced by David Gallagher (BBS for one line) and Ben Diskin, KHInsider's favourite voice guy.

You should have read the entire paragraph. Young Xehanort is False Ansem from Kingdom Hearts 1. And he was voiced by Billy Zane. He was the voice that best represented Xehanort. If Kingdom Hearts 3 intended to introduce a true young Xehanort as the villain, then I would hope he would be portrayed by Billy Zane, no matter the odds of it. It is my preference. He was a superior villain.

Don't you mean Christian Bale?

Bale was never in Kingdom Hearts. Nor do I want Bale in any iteration of the franchise. I wouldn't be able to understand a word of his dialogue.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

You should have read the entire paragraph. Young Xehanort is False Ansem from Kingdom Hearts 1. And he was voiced by Billy Zane. He was the voice that best represented Xehanort. If Kingdom Hearts 3 intended to introduce a true young Xehanort as the villain, then I would hope he would be portrayed by Billy Zane, no matter the odds of it. It is my preference. He was a superior villain.
I did read the entire paragraph. Never have I heard Ansem SoD be called "Young Xehanort" or "False Ansem".
He shouldn't even be called Young Xehanort because we now have an actual character called "Young Xehanort".
And it's been 11 years and counting. Zane isn't coming back, no matter how much fans wish for it.

Anyways, it's quite clear what villains will be in KH III. Young Xehanort, Master Xehanort, Xemnas, Ansem SoD, and Isa are a given.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com

I did read the entire paragraph. Never have I heard Ansem SoD be called "Young Xehanort" or "False Ansem".
He shouldn't even be called Young Xehanort because we now have an actual character called "Young Xehanort".
And it's been 11 years and counting. Zane isn't coming back, no matter how much fans wish for it.

Well, each fan has their own rights to call characters who are impostors by whatever titles they wish. When I recall Kingdom Hearts now, that's a young Xehanort, since he ain't the actual Ansem. He's young, he's a Xehanort, and he's a faker. To each their own. We all play these games and reach conclusions our own way. Despite the improbability of Zane's return, the point of this topic are actors people want to see come back; and for me, it's Billy Zane. He was a solid actor in the role. He is my preferred choice for a young Xehanort.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I wonder what you're calling the actual Young Xehanort then lol

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Well, each fan has their own rights to call characters who are impostors by whatever titles they wish.

Except they all have their own name.

Ansem: Seeker of Darkness/Xehanort's Heartless - Billy Zane (KH1), Richard Epcar (KH2, Re:CoM, Days, KH3D)
Young Xehanort - David Gallagher (BBS), Ben Diskin (KH3D)
Xemnas - Paul St. Peter (KH2, Days, KH3D)
Terra-Xehanort - Richard Epcar (BBS)
Apprentice Xehanort - Richard Epcar (KH2, BBS)
Master Xehanort - Leonard Nimoy (BBS, KH3D)

When I recall Kingdom Hearts now, that's a young Xehanort, since he ain't the actual Ansem. He's young, he's a Xehanort, and he's a faker.

But he's Ansem: Seeker of Darkness. Or Xehanort's Heartless.

And honestly SoD looks like he's in his late 30s, not really young to me.

To each their own.

Again, not really when they ALL have their own easy-to-remember name.

We all play these games and reach conclusions our own way.

And we are here to correct your conclusions, which are currently wrong.

Despite the improbability of Zane's return, the point of this topic are actors people want to see come back; and for me, it's Billy Zane. He was a solid actor in the role. He is my preferred choice for a young Xehanort.

Your ideal...Ansem: Seeker of Darkness you mean. Because there is a character named Young Xehanort already.

Last edited:

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com

Except they all have their own name.

Ansem: Seeker of Darkness/Xehanort's Heartless - Billy Zane (KH1), Richard Epcar (KH2, Re:CoM, Days, KH3D)
Young Xehanort - David Gallagher (BBS), Ben Diskin (KH3D)
Xemnas - Paul St. Peter (KH2, Days, KH3D)
Terra-Xehanort - Richard Epcar (BBS)
Apprentice Xehanort - Richard Epcar (KH2, BBS)
Master Xehanort - Leonard Nimoy (BBS, KH3D)

But he's Ansem: Seeker of Darkness. Or Xehanort's Heartless.

And honestly SoD looks like he's in his late 30s, not really young to me.

Again, not really when they ALL have their own easy-to-remember name.

And we are here to correct your conclusions, which are currently wrong.

Your ideal...Ansem: Seeker of Darkness you mean. Because there is a character named Young Xehanort already.

I can't help it if you're splitting hairs over this. He's younger than Master Xehanort. So, he's a young Xehanort. Not-Ansem is Xehanort. He was Xehanort's heartless. He was voiced by Billy Zane. Then he was replaced by Richard Epcar. And since teenage Xehanort did not have an official voice, Billy Zane could easily reprise the role without stepping on anyone's feet.

You seem to fail to comprehend that someone is entirely free to define these characters as they wish. Especially a character as convoluted as Xehanort, who's possessed several bodies, jumped through time, and is really just crazy.

So, since this thread is NOT about how I choose to define a character not being someone who he isn't but is, you should really just stay on topic and be more respectful.

As it stands, I can wish for Billy Zane instead of Richard Epcar. Ain't nothing wrong with that.

Back