• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread

No use keeping this a secret now.

BTW don't be fooled by the 49 minute thing. This email is from like a week or two ago.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Corey Burton On Voice Acting

So I assume it's safe to assume DIZ will be voiced by Corey Burton in the 358/2 days scenes.

Awards

Idk how I feel about Corey Burton. I think he's perfect as Yen Sid, Captain Hook, Dale and other characters that involve using "character" voices. But I just don't like him as Ansem and I didn't like hearing him as Frollo in 3D. It's not because he's not Christopher Lee, it's because Yen Sid, Ansem, and Frollo all sound EXACTLY the same. There is no way to differentiate those voices. I wish they wouldve just cast someone else for Ansem. Frollo isnt THAT big of a deal because he's not an important character, but Yen Sid and Ansem are and it just bothers me to hear them sound exactly the same as each other. Disney is just lazy and probably just decided to use him as Ansem because he can put on a good british accent.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

it's because Yen Sid, Ansem, and Frollo all sound EXACTLY the same.
So did Susanne Blakeslee as Maleficent, Lady Tremaine and The Queen from Snow White in Birth by Sleep, but I haven't seen many people upset by that.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Disney is just lazy and probably just decided to use him as Ansem because he can put on a good british accent.

Or he is a highly respected Disney voice actor and is a part of their Disney Cast which makes him one of the first people they go (after A-list actors) to because of his status.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

And Christopher Lee is in his 90s and is uncomfortable flying to othe countries. (All his scenes in the hobbit are shot in England.)

Also, listen to that interview I posted, he clearly cares a lot about voice acting.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It would have been great if Disney or SE could have accommodated Christopher Lee somehow to record lines in England at a recording booth. It's okay, though. Corey Burton is great and both of their renditions of Ansem the Wise are fantastic.

Awards

Or he is a highly respected Disney voice actor and is a part of their Disney Cast which makes him one of the first people they go (after A-list actors) to because of his status.

Doesn't matter. they could've easily found someone else. It was an "easy" choice for them. He voices plenty of characters already in the series, and they obviously could hear that he sounds exactly the same as those 2 characters, so they should've just searched for someone else.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Pay for an extra person in the booth, or pay for someone who already voices characters in the series?

I don't even get what the issue is. Christopher Lee is not healthy enough to travel to the United States to voice a character in a video game series. They had an alternative who is a good fit for the role. It's not uncommon for stuff like this to happen.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

I wouldn't say he's in bad health, myself, but I agree. Disney would have to rent a recording studio in London, and either pay to send the crew there or use a local localization crew that hasn't been utilized for the series before.

Back