• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

blank points

Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Nimoy to reprise MX! Panettiere As Xion!

Can anyone take a guess on frollo's voice by now. Is it Corey or Jim?

For Frollo's voice, the general concensus is that it is Corey Burton. It sounds quite a bit like him. It was actually me who found that article about Jim Cummings doing it, but it had no source, and was very vauge, so it was more likely it was Burton as opposed to Cummings.

kingmickey88

Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Nimoy to reprise MX! Panettiere As Xion!

For Frollo's voice, the general concensus is that it is Corey Burton. It sounds quite a bit like him. It was actually me who found that article about Jim Cummings doing it, but it had no source, and was very vauge, so it was more likely it was Burton as opposed to Cummings.

Well.. I guess it could work, do you think he could match Tony's performance though?

blank points

Awards

Well.. I guess it could work, do you think he could match Tony's performance though?

For that, I'm going to say no. Tony Jay had one of those epic voices that not many could imitate. Granted, we have only heard one line of Frollo in the trailers, so it's to early to say. But in my opinion, Corey will more than likely do a good job, but I don't think anyone will match Tony for Frollo.

kingmickey88

For that, I'm going to say no. Tony Jay had one of those epic voices that not many could imitate. Granted, we have only heard one line of Frollo in the trailers, so it's to early to say. But in my opinion, Corey will more than likely do a good job, but I don't think anyone will match Tony for Frollo.

i guess we will find out next month. wont we?

whats new in the voice acting???

Last edited:

theirlosthearts

Awards

The guy who runs this fb page is going to meet Quinton Flynn in two weeks and is up for questions from anybody. Just thought y'all might like to know if y'all have any questions for Quinton Flynn. (and no, I'm not the person who runs the page).

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

Now I'm pumped for her in Kh and on Tron Uprising. :D

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

I'm just saying it's a possibility that she could return since she played Quorra in all media so far.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic

I'm sure Olivia Wilde will return for KH, if she'll voice for the animated show I'm sure she'll gladly go for 3D. On another note I'm still super excited about Nimoy returning; I thought he said a few years back he was retiring? I guess not. I hope he voices MX in KH3 (if MX is in KH3, I'm sure he will be), too.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

I thought he said a few years back he was retiring?

as has been said countless times in this thread, he retired from physical acting or something. he's been doing voice acting for some time, even after his retirement.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I'm sure Olivia Wilde will return for KH, if she'll voice for the animated show I'm sure she'll gladly go for 3D. On another note I'm still super excited about Nimoy returning; I thought he said a few years back he was retiring? I guess not. I hope he voices MX in KH3 (if MX is in KH3, I'm sure he will be), too.

In those situations, retiring generally means "don't expect me to accept every offer from now on."

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Doesn't mean I can't be excited :/
Doesn't mean you should get your hopes up.Maybe it's just what I've learnt from my life, but you don't set yourself up for disappointment if you don't get your hopes up.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards

Doesn't mean you should get your hopes up.Maybe it's just what I've learnt from my life, but you don't set yourself up for disappointment if you don't get your hopes up.
I'm 99.9% sure Olivia Wilde will voice her in KH3d.

@Hillboy
OLIVIA WILDE AS Quorra! o/

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

[video=youtube;gVQH_rMleIQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVQH_rMleIQ&list=FL2bgfBCQZl1EU-gk7iDF9Ew&index=2&feature=plpp_video[/video]

This is the Japanese voice of Ansem SOD.

His English is really good.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

[video=youtube;gVQH_rMleIQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVQH_rMleIQ&list=FL2bgfBCQZl1EU-gk7iDF9Ew&index=2&feature=plpp_video[/video]

This is the Japanese voice of Ansem SOD.

His English is really good.

I told my nephews not to upload this to YouTube >.<

belleaurora

Im not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but in one of the interviews from Ultimania, Satoshi Otani, who is a part of the Tokyo Development Team, said:

"I have a deep attachment to the characters from The Grid. When we started work the film was still in cinema and there was no DVD, so until halfway through development we were still groping around, doing things like going to the cinema to take a look, so it was very difficult. But when we had the actors that appeared in the movie take a look at our completed models they said they were wonderful, and we were very happy. 3D films feel even more real, so I’d love for everyone to see it too."

If the actors got to together to see the character models, I don't see why they wouldn't voice them as well. Of course, it's no confirmation that they are indeed the voices of their respective characters, but I think it can be inferred. Fingers crossed for Olivia :)

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

I completely glanced over that.

I think they did somthing like that for KH2's Port Royal.

Back