• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Nimoy to reprise MX! Panettiere As Xion!

I don't even remember his voice sounding as good in Days either. BUT WHO ELSE WILL I HAVE ICE CREAM WITH?

His performance as Ventus was pretty good. The way he does Ven and the way he does Roxas actually do sound different now that I think about it. Roxas is more deep and mature while Ven is the opposite. Higher pitched and innocent.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Nimoy to reprise MX! Panettiere As Xion!

I don't even remember his voice sounding as good in Days either. BUT WHO ELSE WILL I HAVE ICE CREAM WITH?

His performance as Ventus was pretty good. The way he does Ven and the way he does Roxas actually do sound different now that I think about it. Roxas is more deep and mature while Ven is the opposite. Higher pitched and innocent.
I thought that was the saddest thing. ;_____________;

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

His voice is just so different and the emotion that he can put in any line is amazing.
"You promised that you would bring us back"
*Explodes*

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'm still stuck on the YJ episode "Homefront" where he says "Get traught or get dead" to Artemis. It was a crime for him to say that xD Too much of an awesome voice.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

So hayden is playing xion, what happened to alyson stoner? I kinda liekd how she had her own unique voice. Besides wouldnt it be odd since her major apperance was using hayden.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

So hayden is playing xion, what happened to alyson stoner? I kinda liekd how she had her own unique voice. Besides wouldnt it be odd since her major apperance was using hayden.

Maybe she had her split with Disney, or she declined reprising her role, or maybe they just took fan's reactions and decided to get another actor.

kingmickey88

It'll be great to hear Hayden again since KH2 since she was only in B.B.S for 5 seconds. :) Leonard is a genius actor, i'm glad that he is returning for the game. (on a side note. Its a wonderful feeling that the 3 main cast members reunite for the new game 10 years later :)
I am a little surprised that the confirmnation didn't have Haley as Vanitas as well but we all know he'll be 2 characters in this haha.

What needs to be next is Christopher Lee's name as ATW! Hopefully... haha

Last edited:

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com

I really wanna know what you all think of Joshua's voice. I, personally, hate it. How old is Josh supposed to be, anyways?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I really wanna know what you all think of Joshua's voice. I, personally, hate it. How old is Josh supposed to be, anyways?

In human years? 15, as the rest of the TWEWY main cast is. Yet since Joshua isn't really a normal human that may not hold that much water anyways.

While I have to admit that I was surprised to hear that his voice is that high-pitched in DDD (TWEWY itself has not much voice acting beside some battle quotes) I don't really see it as that of a hindrance.
It was funny though as the first time I heard the voices in the trailer I thought Shiki was speaking, lol.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

It fits the character amazingly well. If you've played TWEWY, really the only thing that requires getting used to is the different audio compression between the DS and the 3DS.

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com

I am currently playing The World Ends With You, I'm at the end of Week Two and his voice seems higher and squeakier in this.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

I am currently playing The World Ends With You, I'm at the end of Week Two and his voice seems higher and squeakier in this.

Aaron Spann, his voice actor, played the Onion Knight in Dissidia Final Fantasy and sounded exactly like he does in DDD it seems. So I kind of believe it is due to the audio quality of the DS to be honest.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Aaron Spann, his voice actor, played the Onion Knight in Dissidia Final Fantasy and sounded exactly like he does in DDD it seems. So I kind of believe it is due to the audio quality of the DS to be honest.

Now that you say it (plays a round Duodecim using Onion Knight), exactly, that's Joshua's voice, lol.
It's probably mostly the audio quality. As in the recorded quality on the TWEWY-game card as I play TWEWY on my 3DS and it does sound a bit different than what we hear in DDD.

But like Sign said, considering Josh's overall character the voice fits.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

Everything is subject to change. It might sound better later in development

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Everything is subject to change. It might sound better later in development

Since we only heard some scraps up to now that may definitely hold true.
On another note, wasn't Joshua's voice actually supposed to be a tad higher-pitched? After now comparing the actual sound from TWEWY with the scraps of DDD using headphones (no pun towards Neku intended) I came also to the conclusion that it is merely audio quality that makes it sound a bit different, just like Sign suggested.

Voltron

Silver Member

Why isn't Tifa listed in the Final Fantasy characters on the front page?

Back