• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Ben Diskin as YMX? *shifty eyes*

this is the VA Discussion Thread isnt it? so be respectful

But not only is this irrelevant to what we were previously discussing, you just sort of threw it at us with no follow-up lol

darkness9406

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

and I dont understand the purpuse of this threat if I cant post something that I want about voice acting :)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Well, let's make it relevant?

I really like both YMX's voices. They are perfect for his character.

Can't say much on everybody else since we've already heard them before.

and I dont understand the purpuse of this threat if I cant post something that I want about voice acting :)

The point we are making is that we just didn't really understand the point of the video, but now we do so this is over now!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

YMX is a sexy guy. He's just a sexy guy, and the gamer girls are really going to like it. I think his voice is pretty sexy.

The VA discussion thread would appreciate some actual discussion topics instead of just being a dumping ground for anything remotely relevant to voice actors.

KH_ROCKS

I was pleasantly surprised by YMX's voice actor. It seems to really fit the character's appearance.

Also, I'm sure this has probably been asked somewhere in this thread's 94 page history so forgive me for asking, but have Terra and Aqua's voice actors (Jason Dohring and Willa Holland) been confirmed as returning for KH3D?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I was pleasantly surprised by YMX's voice actor. It seems to really fit the character's appearance.

Also, I'm sure this has probably been asked somewhere in this thread's 94 page history so forgive me for asking, but have Terra and Aqua's voice actors (Jason Dohring and Willa Holland) been confirmed as returning for KH3D?

If anyone's attempted getting in contact with them, it doesn't look like they've succeeded.

Katsagu

Awards

I like to see on that video how the mouth animation changes :D
I rly like YMX voice :) It is awesome :D

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I had made gifs to show the mouth changes, but alas I failed to time them correctly.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

You'll notice that Japanese YMX has no breaks between words (and says more syllables), but English YMX has a pause between "your abyss" and "awaits". English YMX's muscles around his lips extend back more on "awaits".

KH_ROCKS

If anyone's attempted getting in contact with them, it doesn't look like they've succeeded.

Thanks Sign. I know some people didn't like their voice work (I wasn't a fan of Willa at first either) but it'd be weird having them voiced by someone else. It'd be like the KH1-2 Ansem switch. *shudder*

darkness9406

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Thanks for that "Comparison", At this point, most of the animations are finished but this is only on the trailer just a few months left and its seems they need to work alot D:

Last edited:

KH_ROCKS

I had made gifs to show the mouth changes, but alas I failed to time them correctly.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

You'll notice that Japanese YMX has no breaks between words (and says more syllables), but English YMX has a pause between "your abyss" and "awaits". English YMX's muscles around his lips extend back more on "awaits".

Interesting. I guess I never really noticed the work put into translating the lip synching. (Although the first FFXIII-2 English trailer was absolutely horrendous with it's lip synching so I should have known)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Thanks for that "Comparison", At this point, most of the animations are finished but this is only in the trailer just a few months left and its seems they need to work alot D:

The trailer isn't a true representation of the game at all. It is the worst thing to use as tool for telling where the game is at. They threw it together really fast and just slapped old and new video together. It is good for some uses, like the comparison of the lip movements on YMX, but even that doesn't go far.

I think something I remember in the past is that if a game company gives you a video showing off a game, expect that to be obsolete to what they really have in the studio.

.Oji

赤いテキスト

So I’m noticing a lot of complaining about HJO on the interwebs—a lot. xD

I can’t help but feel that if KHII Sora was the one delivering the lines, people would feel much more at ease with HJO’s voice, because I admit, it does feel awkward hearing Sora’s KHII voice coming from his KHI body.

KH_ROCKS

So I’m noticing a lot of complaining about HJO on the interwebs—a lot. xD

I can’t help but feel that if KHII Sora was the one delivering the lines, people would feel much more at ease with HJO’s voice, because I admit, it does feel awkward hearing Sora’s KHII voice coming from his KHI body.

I wasn't liking his voice work from the trailer either. However for me, it was because you could tell he was trying to sound younger. I wouldn't mind if he was doing his normal Sora voice. It was awkward for me to hear him in Re: CoM with his KHII voice but it's not like he can help it. I'm sure I'll get used to it and most likely everyone else will too.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I thought Sora's voice was good, judging from the trailer. Mr. Epcar did a great job, it's nice to see he's improved, I felt his voice was awkward in II and even in Birth by Sleep it wasn't top-caliber.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards

I am use to a younger Sora having an older voice now. I thought I never would, but I have come to terms with it. I liked Sora's voice in the DDD trailer.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

[video=youtube;NLlohL-I734]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLlohL-I734[/video]
God Sora does sound really forced *barf*

But Riku, you sexy ****** ******** *** **** you ;)

KH_ROCKS

God Sora does sound really forced *barf*

But Riku, you sexy ****** ******** *** **** you ;)

Great, now I'm gonna spend the next 15 minutes trying to decipher the words behind the asterisks. Hahaha.

But yes, Riku's voice acting was top notch. Probably the highlight of the trailer's voice acting for me. Just because Riku always sounds like.....Riku.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Great, now I'm gonna spend the next 15 minutes trying to decipher the words behind the asterisks. Hahaha.
Heh, good luck with that.

But yes, Riku's voice acting was top notch. Probably the highlight of the trailer's voice acting for me. Just because Riku always sounds like.....Riku.
It's the little things in his voice that make me so happy.
His line "I walk the road to dawn" is just so well done. David should win awards for his work in this game if it stays like this.

Back