• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Voltron

Silver Member
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread

I got used to Marluxia and loved Shanelle Grey as Larxene.

Speaking of Shanelle Grey I find it funny how most of the cast of splatterhouse did voice work for kingdom hearts.

The leads were Josh Keaton(young Hercules) ,Shanelle Grey(Larxene), and Jim Cummings(Pete,Pooh, and Tigger).

I've never heard of that before.

The only voice I dislike is Billy Zane's replacement for Ansem Seeker of Darkness. I was extremely upset with his replacement. Has there been any word on why Billy Zane was replaced? I'm sorry for asking, I've really slipped in my Kingdom Hearts information so I'm back to "noob" status when it comes to this type of information.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I've never heard of that before.

The only voice I dislike is Billy Zane's replacement for Ansem Seeker of Darkness. I was extremely upset with his replacement. Has there been any word on why Billy Zane was replaced? I'm sorry for asking, I've really slipped in my Kingdom Hearts information so I'm back to "noob" status when it comes to this type of information.

Who knows? But not only has it been almost 10 years since Billy Zane was involved in KH, but Richard Epcar has vastly improved to the point where he's the preferred voice actor for the character amongst the vast majority of the fanbase (or at least, they're satisfied). But let's not get into this discussion again ;D

Voltron

Silver Member

Who knows? But not only has it been almost 10 years since Billy Zane was involved in KH, but Richard Epcar has vastly improved to the point where he's the preferred voice actor for the character amongst the vast majority of the fanbase (or at least, they're satisfied). But let's not get into this discussion again ;D

I'm satisfied with him, he did better in Re:CoM than he did in KHII, but I'll be fine with him.

sonickenshin

Awards

Am I the only person who actually enjoys the voice acting in Re:CoM? I actually love all of the choices for voice cast, especially Larxene and Marluxia's. If it weren't for how extremely off the voices were to the mouth animations, the voices would have been spot on, in my opinion.
I agree. If they reanimated the lip sync...or at least...gave it a better script, the voice acting would sound a lot less awkward.

I don't really hate how Marluxia's, or Terra or Aqua's voices sound. They're good voices. It's just their acting really isn't up to par. And I expected to like Keith Ferguson because I really like his work. But, he never got past just "being mysterious" and the whole performance just sounded robotic. ;-;

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I hope Nashville doesn't interfere with any future KH titles.

For those who don't know, Nashville is a TV show recently picked up by ABC which stars Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere as country singers or something.

StMRyEire

Website
www.youtube.com

I think the english Terra and Aqua fit their characters more than the Japanese. I even recall Nomura saying he liked Willa Holland's voice for Aqua

I didn't really like Willa. For me, she didn't really preform until the last few scenes, same goes for Jason Dohring. From the Eraqus fight onwards he was great, and she was great during the Keyblade Graveyard + Final Episode parts, except for the last line. It was like there was no emotion there when she was supposed to be really passionate about the new hope she had.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I think the english Terra and Aqua fit their characters more than the Japanese. I even recall Nomura saying he liked Willa Holland's voice for Aqua

Pretty much the only remark made about English voice acting:

The deadline for the development of Birth by Sleep Final Mix has been reached. It was difficult to adjust the release date with those marked for release in the new year. Many players appreciate English dubbing. Since it has already been recorded for the Western version of the game, they decided to release a game including the English voices. In their opinion, among the three protagonists of the game the voices of Ven and Aqua are closest to their Japanese originals. Miss Toyoguchi, who voices Aqua, said that she also found the voices similar.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards

I was alright with the voice acting in BBS. The only complaint I would have is that when Aqua dies it kills my ears. Other than that I thought Willa Holland was good. I actually really liked the Re:CoM voice acting. Shanelle Gray did a great job I thought. The only thing wrong was that lip syncing.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

I didn't mind Aqua's "death scream".
Willa wasn't very good with cut scenes, but her battle cries were glorious!

.Oji

赤いテキスト

So I kinda want Rami Malek to voice someone in Kingdom Hearts—doesn’t matter who. He's the voice actor for Tahno in "The Legend of Korra" in case anyone was wondering.

Perhaps he’d be a good fit for Young Xehanort.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I didn't mind Aqua's "death scream".
Willa wasn't very good with cut scenes, but her battle cries were glorious!

According to the comments posted on my compilation of her battle quotes, this is true!
[video=youtube;T3oXPG3e51s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3oXPG3e51s[/video]

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

So I kinda want Rami Malek to voice someone in Kingdom Hearts—doesn’t matter who. He's the voice actor for Tahno in "The Legend of Korra" in case anyone was wondering.

Perhaps he’d be a good fit for Young Xehanort.

Yes to all of that. Just yes.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Okay for the sake of simplicity, just gonna dump voices we are almost certain of here.

Benjamin Diskin IS YMX. "Xehanort is perfection. Xehanort has no inner turmoil. Xehanort's heart is Darkness." "Dude, we get it. You're Xehanort."

Garrett Hedlund seems to be Sam Flynn.

Corey Burton is Frollo.

Aaron Spann is Joshua. But a very Onion Knight-y Joshua.

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I'm on the Benjamin Diskin is YMX train. Listening to Harm in YJ and then listening to YMX in the trailer pretty much cinches it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Okay for the sake of simplicity, just gonna dump voices we are almost certain of here.

Benjamin Diskin IS YMX. "Xehanort is perfection. Xehanort has no inner turmoil. Xehanort's heart is Darkness." "Dude, we get it. You're Xehanort."

Garrett Hedlund seems to be Sam Flynn.

Corey Burton is Frollo.

Aaron Spann is Joshua. But a very Onion Knight-y Joshua.
Perfect cast is perfect.
And lol. My "fake" news cast foretold Garrett Hedlund >:D

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards

so..what are the chances Leonard Nimoy will return for MX? I would be overjoyed if he returned and I'm not even a Nimoy fan lol I just love continuity with my VA.

Back