• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread

Im annoyed that the chose nimoy in the first place, to hire someone who says this will be his last work to voice the main antagonist of the series is just stupid, now we all expect the voice to sound like that and it wont...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Im annoyed that the chose nimoy in the first place, to hire someone who says this will be his last work to voice the main antagonist of the series is just stupid, now we all expect the voice to sound like that and it wont...

What do you mean? Nimoy said Star Trek XI was his last piece of work, then he did BBS then Fringe then Transformers then the Big Bang Theory and now he is going to appear on Fringe and Star Trek XII.

And we don't know of Nimoy isn't returning.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member

Oh i thought he said bbs was, well still i wouldnt hire someone as indecisive as him to do that large of a role. And i thought people who played the demo said it wasnt him?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Oh i thought he said bbs was, well still i wouldnt hire someone as indecisive as him to do that large of a role. And i thought people who played the demo said it wasnt him?

For one thing, they played a Japanese demo. Only two sites have reported that Nimoy isn't returning, so all we can assume is that an SE rep told them or something. Even do, we can't really assume it until proven.

Magnum

Well they could always find a replacement like they do for Ansem the Wise sometimes. However I would still prefer the original voice.

Hopefully Nimoy will return to KH though. He's returning to Fringe so I don't see any reason why reprising MX isn't out of the question. I guess time will tell.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I hate replacement voices... Corey Burton's Ansem the Wise is so fail. It just sounds too much like an impersonation, and not actual acting. Plus Christopher Lee is amazing.

Nimoy will probably return, and if he doesn't it wont be the end of the world (no pun intended). I don't see MX being especially prevalent for the next games of the Xehanort saga.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards

Christopher Lee is old man, health takes priority so deal with it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

And unlike Christopher Lee who lives in the UK and is only appearing in the Hobbit because if you're gonna be old you might as well go out with a bang, Mr. Nimoy is right here in Los Angeles (except when he is off to his studio in Boston) and he's been active in doing movies and TV shows for the last few years and continues to be active (even in retirement)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Oh sorry I forgot that lending your voice to a video game caused health risks. >_>
It's the travelling. Sure, he could go to a recording booth in Europe but like, why put pressure on him when he could enjoy the rest of his life.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards

Oh sorry I forgot that lending your voice to a video game caused health risks. >_>

Plus, Lee's health was top notch last that I heard.
well his not bedridden no, but his 89 years old man. Corey Burton is fine.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member

The only voice change that bugs me is mickey, but thats alright because obviously it wasnt optional. None of the other voice changes have really bugged me.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Mickey's voice will get better with time. He's been training to be Mickey for years and has done little bits here and there uncredited for years.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards

Jiminy cricket sounds terrible to me now, but like Mickey Mouse, they had no choice. :(
R.I.P
Eddie Caroll
and Wayne Allwine

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

Mickey's voice will get better with time. He's been training to be Mickey for years and has done little bits here and there uncredited for years.

Jappanese Mickey is always good for a laugh. I don't know why, it's just funny to me

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Does anyone care about having Kairi's dialogue uploaded to Youtube? It probably wouldn't be all of it (Sora and Riku had a couple of missing stuff) but it would be most.

And this is bad news, but I can't seem to find a single thing that Xigbar says in the ISO. I guess the game just doesn't like him...

Also... why isn't this thread stickied anymore?

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

Does anyone care about having Kairi's dialogue uploaded to Youtube? It probably wouldn't be all of it (Sora and Riku had a couple of missing stuff) but it would be most.

I forgot how much HJO's balls dropped xD

Back