• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ulicies

Re: Interview with Richard Epcar (Voice of Xehanort, Ansem SOD & Terra-nort)

YES! It is ;A; God I hate that such ana amazing game was ignored. I think it is a gem of SE's that doesn't receive enough praise.

Have you listened to the tribute album?

Or the piano album? And the arrange tracks album? Oh man! It's all gorgeous!

I haven't heard the arranged tracks album or the tribute album, but I've heard nearly all 43 OST tracks and the entire Piano Collections album. So, so breathtaking. I can't even pick a favorite. I've ordered the OST already from SE's store. And that tribute song you've linked sounds amazing as well! Is the tribute album made by the fans, or is it just an encore remix from the same composers?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I haven't heard the arranged tracks album or the tribute album, but I've heard nearly all 43 OST tracks and the entire Piano Collections album. So, so breathtaking. I can't even pick a favorite. I've ordered the OST already from SE's store. And that tribute song you've linked sounds amazing as well! Is the tribute album made by the fans, or is it just an encore remix from the same composers?

It was done by a lot of well-known remixers. I know a few of them have done work for other remix/tribute albums SE's released. You definitely should check it out.

Ulicies

It was done by a lot of well-known remixers. I know a few of them have done work for other remix/tribute albums SE's released. You definitely should check it out.
That's pretty cool. And I agree that it really is awful how it went unnoticed to a lot of people. Hell, it even went completely under the radar for myself as well, until word of mouth literally dragged me to its OST. And now I can't stop listening to it. Every single track is like a masterpiece for me. No other videogame music other than KH's and maybe Halo has been so influential to me.

Last edited:

Key Wielder

Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread

I may have missed something, but a lot of those actors haven't been confirmed yet. It might be best to take it with a grain of salt until Square puts out a press release or we actually see the credits for the game. After all, James Earl Jones didn't exactly end up playing Aqua in the end. ;) Nomura did say something, I believe, about wanting everyone to reprise their roles in the English version, so I guess we'll just have to see if that panned out.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

IMDB is just as good a source as Wikipedia. Anyone can edit it.

Absolute

IMDB is just as good a source as Wikipedia. Anyone can edit it.

You mean, the entry of Gilbert Gottfried being the voice of the Mysterious Boy was fake?

Awww.................

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

After all, James Earl Jones didn't exactly end up playing Aqua in the end. ;)
Oh no, James Earl Jones did voice Aqua.Think of it like Michael Jackson on the Simpsons. Not credited, but still voiced ;D

Key Wielder

Awards

Oh no, James Earl Jones did voice Aqua.Think of it like Michael Jackson on the Simpsons. Not credited, but still voiced ;D

Huh, who'da thunk. I knew the man was talented, but that's just amazing. Does make you wonder why some people didn't react more positively to her VA, though. ;P

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Huh, who'da thunk. I knew the man was talented, but that's just amazing. Does make you wonder why some people didn't react more positively to her VA, though. ;P

because on short notice they replaced him with Willa Holland. You can still hear his voice in the ending scenes of the game. That's where the voice acting was top-notch from Aqua so obviously it was James Earl Jones.

Ulicies

because on short notice they replaced him with Willa Holland. You can still hear his voice in the ending scenes of the game. That's where the voice acting was top-notch from Aqua so obviously it was James Earl Jones.
Wait, what? Aqua was voiced by a dude? o_____O

Ulicies

It's a joke, on Imdb, prior to BBS's releases, someone said Aqua's voice actor was James Earl Jones :p Everyone is just playing along with it is all.
*huge giant mega-normous sigh of relief*

soraorganization

Most likely already asked but who do you guys think will replace Leornard Nimoy or do you think it's just a cover up.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past

The man's in his 80s though. And knowing Nomura, MX's voice will probably be needed for KH III in 20 years. He did a good job, but it was a bad casting choice when you're dealing an on-going series and you a pick a guy who says that this will be the last big job he takes before retiring from acting.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

Oh god it's going to be Billy-- I mean, He Who Must Not Be Named-- all over again.
Watch Richard Epcar take over MX. This is now reality.

sonickenshin

Awards

The man's in his 80s though. And knowing Nomura, MX's voice will probably be needed for KH III in 20 years. He did a good job, but it was a bad casting choice when you're dealing an on-going series and you a pick a guy who says that this will be the last big job he takes before retiring from acting.
To be fair, Chikao Otsuka's in his 80s and he's still doing MX's voice. >>; Though, yes, you have a point.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Nimoy has been doing work for the Fringe, and he even appeared in on the Big Bang Theory. This man is only retired in word alone xD

Back