• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
So, About Jesse Corti and Vincent Corazza...

So, we just recently learned that Jesse Corti just finished recording the role of Neku Sakuraba for Kingdom Hearts DDD, and that Vincent Corazza finished recording the role of Zexion/Ienzo for the same game two weeks ago. My question is this: With more news of voice recording actually being finished already, do you think that we'll start to see news of localization such as North American site updates, translated trailers, magazine coverage, a release date announced, etc? Also, will the Japan's release date be closer to the rest of the world's release dates now if voice recording is finishing up already?

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com
Re: So, About Jesse Corti and Vincent Corazza...

I think they already announced that it is officially coming to the States and beyond. For a release date, if SE is smart, sometime in June or July. But, seeing as they are douches, probably later than that.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread

Anybody messaged Haley Joel Osment, David Gallagher, or Hayden Pannettier for their respective roles of our favorite trio? :p

I don't think they have any contact info.

anime10121

Awards

I don't think they have any contact info.

Aww bummer:( That sucks as they are the main cast I wanna see returning! I mean dont get me wrong I am extremely excited about all the rest of the returning actors, but any one of their replacements would totally feel wrong. I mean the few times Alyson Stoner voiced Kairi, she sounded completely out of place. Namine sounded the same regardless of her voice actor and Corey Burton does a pretty good imitation of Christopher Lee with Ansem the Wise. I just hope that they keep Sora as Hayl's even though he is a bit older.

Rallade

Awards
Re: So, About Jesse Corti and Vincent Corazza...

We're just gonna have to be patient, you know hoe SE likes to screw over the rest of the world...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: Even more voice actors!

Sora and Vanitus are on their way!!!!!!! ^(>_<)^

Haley Joel Osment - IMDb

Joy. Another thread. Please discuss any and all topics regarding voice actors in the official VA discussion thread, thank you~

I don't doubt that HJO won't reprise his roles, but you are aware that IMDB is just as unreliable as Wikipedia, right? It's not a credible source, despite how awesome James Earl Jones would be as Aqua.

KeybladeStriker

Awards

I hope IMDB is not correct because I just don't like Alyson Stoner as Kairi. I like the original cast so much more.
I live RIGHT by the recording studio that they record the English versions of the series. I am so tempted to go there or call and ask for information! >_<

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

I don't care much for Kairi so I don't care who voices her. Actually they can replace all three of SoRiKai trio voices. I don't care for there voices. I can think of at least one different actors who could voice Sora.

Sorry for the rant.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ

I don't doubt that HJO won't reprise his roles
I really would hate to see that ever happen and would never want it to happen until Sora's story in the Kingdom Hearts saga ended. I love his acting/voice acting so much and him portraying both as Sora and Vanitas! I couldn't imagine anybody else voicing them either.

I hope IMDB is not correct
but you are aware that IMDB is just as unreliable as Wikipedia, right? It's not a credible source, despite how awesome James Earl Jones would be as Aqua.
^There’s your answer.

because I just don't like Alyson Stoner as Kairi. I like the original cast so much more.
While I do like Alyson Stoner's acting, I in a way agree but it doesn't mean she can have room for improvement although I really prefer her as Xion. Then again, that’s just my opinion. Still, we can’t say for sure it's her, yet.

I live RIGHT by the recording studio that they record the English versions of the series. I am so tempted to go there or call and ask for information! >_<

Are you serious? It must be awesome even if you don't get to go in there or anything. I mean living near is still cool. I always wanted to visit the place where but of course that's never going to really happen although it'd be a dream if I could but that's still cool though.

Considering I saw the trailer today (better late than never) and had many emotions flooding into me. I really got to wonder if James Patrick Stuart is reprising his role as Xigbar. He’s one of my favorite voice actors in the series and I’d love for him to reprise the role of Xigbar again.
Let alone, my curiosity of seeing more of the TRON: Legacy characters in the trailer makes me even more hopeful/wishing Garrett Hedlund, Olivia Wilde, and Jeff Bennett lending their voices respectively for their characters to the Kingdom Hearts series. I just hope they can because unless that doesn’t happen and they can’t find somebody who can duplicate their voice or do a decent job, it’ll turn out to be like The Pirates of The Caribbean (Port Royal) scene which, in my humble opinion, was a road bump in the voice acting department of the game. :/ Otherwise, I’m just waiting a lot until they release the American trailer which might not be in awhile but makes me in a way somewhat impatient. Good thing, I got other fandoms to help me get through it.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I don't care much for Kairi so I don't care who voices her. Actually they can replace all three of SoRiKai trio voices. I don't care for there voices. I can think of at least one different actors who could voice Sora.

Sorry for the rant.

Well that certainly came out of nowhere.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

That's why I called it a rant. I should explain this. I hate Hayden vs Alison debates. They are both good actors so I got a bit frustrated at seeing someone saying Hayden comes back. I don't care for Kairi, and I dislike Hayden due to things she's said and done IRL. (PM me if you want to know why.) I respect Alison as a person and as an actress.

But enough off topic ness. Let's go backbto discussing the Voice acting for 3D.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

That's why I called it a rant. I should explain this. I hate Hayden vs Alison debates. They are both good actors so I got a bit frustrated at seeing someone saying Hayden comes back. I don't care for Kairi, and I dislike Hayden due to things she's said and done IRL. (PM me if you want to know why.) I respect Alison as a person and as an actress.

You can't even call that a debate. It's just people stating their opinions for no other reason than stating their opinions. They're not trying to argue.

But enough off topic ness. Let's go backbto discussing the Voice acting for 3D.

Indeed :\

KeybladeStriker

Awards

I really would hate to see that ever happen and would never want it to happen until Sora's story in the Kingdom Hearts saga ended. I love his acting/voice acting so much and him portraying both as Sora and Vanitas! I couldn't imagine anybody else voicing them either.
I agree completely.

While I do like Alyson Stoner's acting, I in a way agree but it doesn't mean she can have room for improvement although I really prefer her as Xion. Then again, that’s just my opinion. Still, we can’t say for sure it's her, yet.

I was actually very surprised and liked her as Xion as well! I didn't even know it was her until I looked up who voiced Xion. I would prefer her as Xion as well. To me, it just wouldn't make sense if she played Kairi as well. Unless she could do a good job at manipulating her voice.

Are you serious? It must be awesome even if you don't get to go in there or anything. I mean living near is still cool. I always wanted to visit the place where but of course that's never going to really happen although it'd be a dream if I could but that's still cool though.

Yes I'm serious! I looked it up today where it's located. And even though I do live near the studio, I doubt I could ever get in let alone have my questions answered. :/

Back