• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Re: Everything Ansem Says In Kingdom Hearts I (Ripped, No Music)

It might be a more difficult process for KHII, but I really want to make a similar video for Xemnas.
If you do, I will be so very grateful. Paul St. Peter is absolutely perfect for the role of Xemnas and I loved how he played the character.

On a similar note, has it ever been discussed or determined why Xemnas has a different voice from the other Terranort incarnations? Ansem SoD and Terranort himself share a voice actor, but Xemnas isn't the same. It's been bugging me lately. It may not even be significant, but I'm sure someone here has an answer. Thanks in advance. :x

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread

Funny how when you look at it in that context, people have been bitching about not having Billy Zane for endless years based on 4 minutes and 23 seconds of voice acting.

The battle quotes make it more than five minutes.

But it's the best four minutes and twenty three seconds of voice acting in the series, and it made Ansem (an otherwise completely cliched villain) a memorable character based soley on his voice alone. That's powerful. And it just sort of bugs me to see them do something so special with this character only for us to never hear it again.

Richard Epcar is a much better Xehanort than he is an Ansem. I would like for their to be three voice actors for the Xehanort forms.
Xehanort Whole Form: Richard Epcar
Xehanort's Heartless: Billy Zane
Xehanort's Nobody: Paul St. Peter

Last edited:

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

But it's the best four minutes and twenty three seconds of voice acting in the series, and it made Ansem (an otherwise completely cliched villain) a memorable character based soley on his voice alone. That's powerful. And it just sort of bugs me to see them do something so special with this character only for us to never hear it again.

Richard Epcar is a much better Xehanort than he is an Ansem. I would like for their to be three voice actors for the Xehanort forms.
Xehanort Whole Form: Richard Epcar
Xehanort's Heartless: Billy Zane
Xehanort's Nobody: Paul St. Peter

It's not going to happen, my friend. Billy Zane's been gone for eight/ten years now (depending whether or not you count the original CoM) and Richard Epcar has consistently improved with each new game. Yes, Zane gave a great performance in KH1, but at this point there isn't much point talking about getting him back for the role.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Re: Everything Ansem Says In Kingdom Hearts I (Ripped, No Music)

[video=youtube;JHqh3QmUkvc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHqh3QmUkvc[/video]

Best four minutes of voice acting you will ever hear.

That's freaking awesome! next time I make a KH trailer this will get to good use :) (if you don't mind)

ps. I'm the one who requested something like this on your xemnas video

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

It's not going to happen, my friend. Billy Zane's been gone for eight/ten years now (depending whether or not you count the original CoM) and Richard Epcar has consistently improved with each new game. Yes, Zane gave a great performance in KH1, but at this point there isn't much point talking about getting him back for the role.

I never said I expected him to come back. I am just defending the point of view of those who think that he was amazing, like myself.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I never said I expected him to come back. I am just defending the point of view of those who think that he was amazing, like myself.

There is no doubt he was amazing. I don't hear many people arguing against that point.

Radar

Bronze Member

I wish Billy would do the complete xehanort form in kh3. But i dont think that is going to happen.

For MF/YX, it should be more of a child-ish voice, like sora/riku. He does have an original voice in the trailer right, and it sounds young like vanitas'. I just hope that he has a bad-a$$ voice in english.

And for kh3, Mr. Epcar would be cool, if they dont find someone else.

What if there was like a fusion of the different xehanort voices in one of his new forms../

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Billy Zane was awesome, but so is Richard Epcar. I really couldn't give a crap about Zane anymore though, because Epcar is Xehanort/Ansem for me.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

I honestly think we were spoiled by Billy Zane's amazing voice acting.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I think you guys need to let go, honestly.

He was good but you've put him on a pedestal.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

Oh believe me, I think of Richard when I think of Ansem, SOD

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I don't doubt it, nor am I saying there's anything wrong with having him as a preference. It's just kind of ridiculous to keep pining after him. My comment wasn't solely directed at you either.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards

I agree that Billy Zane is indeed a great voice actor for Ansem Seeker of Darkness, but we, the fans, have to face the fact that he may not come back to the kh series. BESIDES, Richard Epcar is one hell of a VA, and we are honored to have him be the voice. :3

sonickenshin

Awards

Billy Zane is amazing, he'll always be Xehanort to me. But, while Richard Epcar's rendition keeps making me think Dr. Eggman (it's his beefy voice), he had improved a lot since, so I've grown to like him too. I just wish they got someone with the same sound as Billy Zane for consistency instead of getting someone who played an Akio Otsuka role. Ah, well.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards

With that voice Billy Zane can have my keyblade, he can stick that darkness in me any day, he's the best KH VA there is. period.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess

I wonder how long it took him to record it?

Oh, and...
[video=youtube;jZc1cUqroHI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZc1cUqroHI[/video]
I really have to make a video for this.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards

I wonder how long it took him to record it?

Oh, and...
[video=youtube;jZc1cUqroHI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZc1cUqroHI[/video]
I really have to make a video for this.
he said darkness. lol he said DARKNESS, doesn't get much better then that.

PianoxLullaby

Website
www.pianoxlullaby.deviantart.com

LOL, oh God, I love that I have the same birthday as that guy. Not that its special or anything, but still.
His diction is great, he is such a talent when voicing characters. And he truly does have a perfect villain voice.

Back