• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread

I personally find nothing wrong with HJO voicing Sora either.

Okay.

Am I the only one who thinks David Gallagher's voice acting improved immensely as the series progressed. Especially with the bad voice directing.

He's had time in every single title to improve so yeah (though like loke he never came off as particularly bad)~ :D It's one of the things I'm looking forward to most in the localized trailer.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

So which trailer do you think they're gonna localise cause the one on the site is the short trailer. I hope it's the long one though.

Has anyone tried contacting Mr. Nimoy?

sasuke 189

So which trailer do you think they're gonna localise cause the one on the site is the short trailer. I hope it's the long one though.

Has anyone tried contacting Mr. Nimoy?

Mr.Nimoy doesn't usually respond to people on twitter.

I hope Square Enix NA learned how to edit their trailers. The english BBS ones had awful editing.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Don't blame SE NA for the trailers, they just used the Japanese ones instead of making a new one.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Referring to the lack of SFX and music that's far too loud, amirite?

sasuke 189

I meant sound and music wise. They both had no soumd effects which were in the japanese ones, and the gamescon one had a lot of sound issues. (though this was fixed with the launch trailer.)

Edit: ninja'd

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I think a lot of those trailers were made in a rush, anyways. Whatever they do with DDD, I'm hoping they don't try and rush like they did those.

sonickenshin

Awards

I personally find nothing wrong with HJO voicing Sora either.
Y'know, what's ironic? At the age of 14 (maybe younger), he sounded like KH2 Sora...or at least I think he did (it's been awhile since I saw that video of Secondhand Lions). In KH1, Sora was 14, but both Miyu Irino and HJO recorded him at the age of 12. Heck, I know of people who hit puberty at the age of 10. The only reason people are all "RAWR! TOO OLD!" is because that's what they associate that voice when it comes to KH1 Sora.

I don't follow HJO's work, but I remember someone linking to that video of Secondhand Lions back during the wait for KH2 to how HJO would sound like there.

Personally, I don't really care. It's still Sora (12 year old voice on a 14 year old or not), and it's rightfully his role. Heck, I think he was pretty ace with it from the beginning. And in Re:Coded, I think his performance has gotten more lively and that's pretty good for Sora, so yeah.

And yes, I hope Square Enix US does a better job at editing this time around. It really made some of the vocal performances sound terrible than they actually are (Leonard Nimoy in particular).

Last edited:

sasuke 189

Just want to add if Kevin Flynn or CLU 2 are in the game do not expect Jeff Bridges to voice them. Expect Fred Tatasciore to voice them.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Huh, that's a pretty good replacement.

Well, he was the one to voice CLU 2 and Kevin Flynn in Tron: Evolution. It makes sense that he would in any other non-movie that features those characters. We can hope for Jeff Bridges, though I doubt Disney would be willing to pay him whatever he'll ask for when they can go with a cheaper alternative that sounds exactly like him.

sonickenshin

Awards

Well, he was the one to voice CLU 2 and Kevin Flynn in Tron: Evolution. It makes sense that he would in any other non-movie that features those characters. We can hope for Jeff Bridges, though I doubt Disney would be willing to pay him whatever he'll ask for when they can go with a cheaper alternative that sounds exactly like him.
Ah, I see, didn't know that. Probably should check it out.

sasuke 189

[video=youtube;QdrieNCT8Z8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdrieNCT8Z8&feature=related[/video]

Sample of Fred Tatasciore as CLU.
I'm pretty sure that Bruce Boxleitner ,and if Quorra appears Olivia Wilde will return

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess

Maybe the problem with the DDD localization is trying to find Frollo's voice?

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess

Well, more delay of the trailer. My apologies for being unclear. I seem to have a problem with being clear lately.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Hey guys, in the localized version of Dream Drop Distance, do you think they'll use David Gallagher for Young Master Xehanort like they did in Birth by Sleep, or Richard Epcar/another voice actor? Although, it would be strange if Riku and Young Master Xehanort happened to meet, wouldn't it?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Hey guys, in the localized version of Dream Drop Distance, do you think they'll use David Gallagher for Young Master Xehanort like they did in Birth by Sleep, or Richard Epcar/another voice actor? Although, it would be strange if Riku and Young Master Xehanort happened to meet, wouldn't it?

Wasn't this discussed already? We had figured it would be a new voice actor since the voice actor in the Japanese trailer is a new person (that sounds a lot like Noctis' voice actor), which was when we joked Zachary Quinto would make the best choice for Young MX.

Back