• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Epcar hints?

He IS Mickey... so who knows. I'm pretty sure they're making Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (Hopefully where they will introduce Oswald) add in toys, Park announcements, calling hospitals for sick kids (yes, they do that) etc. And, our course, Kingdom Hearts.

That being said, I don't know if he VA any other character, so his recording is most likely Mickey. (unlike Jim Cummings, where it could be about 5 different people + various background characters)
Exactly, which presents the problem of finding out if he's started KH recording.

I'm anticipating an early recording sessions.
BBS started in either the January or February 2010, as stated by that Jason guy in his radio interview.
Re:Coded started around May 19th as stated by Phil Synder on his website.

If the game is due out early next year, why not have recording start around the 26th of may?
polls_smiley_300x300_answer_9_xlarge.png

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards

I got Bret Iwans address guize! gonna go interrogate him nao lolololo

Youniquee

Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts Characters' Battle Quotes Extracted

Sounds like a gay gang-bang with Master Xehanort acting like the most superior in the end.

I thought so too xD

It must be awkward for the voice actors when they have to record these...lol

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Why were your other channel taken down?

Because apparently if you upload a soundtrack to a movie written twenty years ago, and it has been on Youtube for two years, then it needs to be removed immediately and the account needs to be banned. The problem is that I was the first to upload several videos and after a long time other people upload the same exact thing. So now that the "firsts" are gone, if I reupload things they probably wont get as many views as before. It's horrible.

Maybe I could be the first to upload a really hyped soundtrack like Skyward Sword or something, who knows.
All I know is that I am going to try to steer clear of most movie soundtracks.

Last edited:

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards

When I play them at once I do not know whether to laugh or be creeped out. It almost seems like it was purposely done but I know it was not. Master Xehanort's are the best. XD

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Nice...playing all of the videos currently on this page made my computer borderline freeze!!! :D

Also, the grunt are too much...it just gets awkward when you play Vanitas at the very beginning...I had to re-think what him and Ventus were actually doing at the end of BbS until he said "forge the keyblade."

Lastly, the more I listen to it, the more I actually don't like Lance Bass' Sephiroth, it just way to high-pitched for Sephiroth's appearance in KH1 for me. He isn't a bad VA, I just don't like the way that his voice sounds :(

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards

I always wonder how the voice actors feel about having to make those sounds.
I cannot stand hearing Aqua's scream. The one she makes if she dies. It just sounds bad.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

I always wonder how the voice actors feel about having to make those sounds.
I cannot stand hearing Aqua's scream. The one she makes if she dies. It just sounds bad.

Well, remember, the VAs probably aren't told to make awkward sounds. They're told "sound like you're in pain." It's just that most of them can't seem to pull that off without sounding like... something else. XD; (Especially Jesse Mccartney. See: Roxas getting the wind crushed out of him by the Guardian, frozen Ven)

And, yeah, I didn't like that one either. It sounded like she was trying to do a horror movie scream or something, which... doesn't really work for anything other than freaking you out when you lose. >_>

k99y77

Awards

axel: want more, no you dont! XD you should upload the disney characters too and don't forget re:com :)

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards

Well, remember, the VAs probably aren't told to make awkward sounds. They're told "sound like you're in pain." It's just that most of them can't seem to pull that off without sounding like... something else. XD; (Especially Jesse Mccartney. See: Roxas getting the wind crushed out of him by the Guardian, frozen Ven)

And, yeah, I didn't like that one either. It sounded like she was trying to do a horror movie scream or something, which... doesn't really work for anything other than freaking you out when you lose. >_>

I know they are told what to do, but if I were them I would not be able to stop myself from laughing. That is why I am not a voice actor and they are though. I think most of them do a really good job. It just comes out awkward sometimes.
Everytime she died it hurt my ears. Btw I heard it a lot when I battled Mysterious Figure, not really any other time.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

axel: want more, no you dont! XD you should upload the disney characters too and don't forget re:com :)

I've been working on getting Re COM for ages... it has some of the very best quotes, but unfortunately the voices are encoded extremely complexly, and are compressed in a more advanced system than was seen in KH1 and KH2. The most I could get was the party members voices. However, one person on Youtube somehow extracted some of Marluxia's battle quotes and I was talking with him about how he did it. He is working on some sort of thing that can extract the quotes.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

I know they are told what to do, but if I were them I would not be able to stop myself from laughing. That is why I am not a voice actor and they are though. I think most of them do a really good job. It just comes out awkward sometimes.

Well, if they thought it sounded bad to themselves, they'd probably redo it. xD;

Everytime she died it hurt my ears. Btw I heard it a lot when I battled Mysterious Figure, not really any other time.

There seems to be multiple death-cries for all three PCs, at least one of which is voiced and one of which is just a yell/scream. I think the latter might only get called when there's a large amount of "overkill" (when you lose far more HP than you have left), hence it showing up consistently for MF (due to his massively damaging attacks) and not as much otherwise.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I've been working on getting Re COM for ages... it has some of the very best quotes, but unfortunately the voices are encoded extremely complexly, and are compressed in a more advanced system than was seen in KH1 and KH2. The most I could get was the party members voices. However, one person on Youtube somehow extracted some of Marluxia's battle quotes and I was talking with him about how he did it. He is working on some sort of thing that can extract the quotes.

Darn...I was gonna say, if there is anyway at all possible, could you somehow get the 2nd Ursula battle ones because when she goes "Ahhhh-ahhhhh-ah!" it just sounds funny xP

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards

10xh7h4.png

I guess what he meant earlier is that he enjoys the role of Xehanort, and his favourite will always be the next role he voices for Xehanort.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Who is going to voice the old lady gargoyle since the original VA died?

Back