• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Ben Diskin as YMX? *shifty eyes*

You didn't offend me, it's just getting out of control with the re-dubbing and such.
Well. Good.
Also I have a sneaking suspicion your reference had something to do with Young Justice, but that's only because I cheated and used Wiki to find the common denominator between all of those voice actors. Does this mean Riku is Aqualad? Not sure if want... But then, Sora as Kid Flash. Do want. I'll stop now.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

I won't be happy unless William Shatner voices Master Xehanort!!

On second thought...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Well. Good.
Also I have a sneaking suspicion your reference had something to do with Young Justice, but that's only because I cheated and used Wiki to find the common denominator between all of those voice actors. Does this mean Riku is Aqualad? Not sure if want... But then, Sora as Kid Flash. Do want. I'll stop now.

Yes. Khary Payton would do a killer Riku.

@Mirby - William Shatner as Eraqus, Leonard Nimoy stays Master Xehanort, George Takei as Yen Sid.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Pish posh or whatever! Redubbing is always a good thing! But we can discuss the original voices/actors/voice actors.

Hm, what other new characters were there in KH3D? Rinzler doesn't speak so no Bruce Boxleitner. Phoebus needs to be voiced by Kevin Kline. The desire grew when I watched In & Out today and realized I really love his voice and that I miss the 90s.

Aqua needs to be voiced by James Earl Jones or reality will collapse. Notice that universal destruction happens when voice actors don't do their roles.

New...new...I don't think there are many people to cover xD

I won't be happy unless William Shatner voices Master Xehanort!!

On second thought...

The Shat as MX. NEVER.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Pish posh or whatever! Redubbing is always a good thing! But we can discuss the original voices/actors/voice actors.

Hm, what other new characters were there in KH3D? Rinzler doesn't speak so no Bruce Boxleitner. Phoebus needs to be voiced by Kevin Kline. The desire grew when I watched In & Out today and realized I really love his voice and that I miss the 90s.

Aqua needs to be voiced by James Earl Jones or reality will collapse. Notice that universal destruction happens when voice actors don't do their roles.

New...new...I don't think there are many people to cover xD

The Shat as MX. NEVER.

Whatever reason Rinzler didn't speak, I hate everything. No Bruce Boxleitner = No purpose in living.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I have Uprising. I can live without Bruce Boxleitner in KH3D, even if it is saddening.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

I have Uprising. I can live without Bruce Boxleitner in KH3D, even if it is saddening.
Well, especially since he's one of the actors that would have, without a doubt, reprised the role. Boxleitner and Tron are like Peter Culling and Optimus Prime. They're never apart. <3

It's odd to think that KH3D really didn't add much as far as new characters go. It's just the MF and a couple of Disney characters.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Well, especially since he's one of the actors that would have, without a doubt, reprised the role. Boxleitner and Tron are like Peter Culling and Optimus Prime. They're never apart. <3

It's odd to think that KH3D really didn't add much as far as new characters go. It's just the MF and a couple of Disney characters.

<3 They are. This is why I'm hoping Tron gets many speaking lines in KH3. Just for Bruce Boxleitner.

It is strange, but after how people complained about there being too many new characters (coughorgxiiicough) I guess the team decided to slow it down on new character introductions, especially considering we are nearing the end of the saga. It would be rather vexing to add a lot of new original characters in a story that is nearing its end.

Here's to KH3 having a lot more new Disney character.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

And TWEWY characters :p

But yeah, I can't think of any new characters who did not hear in the trailer other than Phoebus and then Laverne. Though I guess we did not hear Beat, Rhyme, or Shiki either.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It would be seen as another "Over-complicating" the plot to add in more characters. Besides, they can focus on characters that need fleshing out *cough*.
And just now, I have a certain desire to learn about the secrets of Vexen.

But yeah, I can't think of any new characters who did not hear in the trailer other than Phoebus and then Laverne. Though I guess we did not hear Beat, Rhyme, or Shiki either
Or Esmerelda.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

It would be seen as another "Over-complicating" the plot to add in more characters. Besides, they can focus on characters that need fleshing out *cough*.
And just now, I have a certain desire to learn about the secrets of Vexen.

Or Esmerelda.

Right, I forgot she never spoke.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

<3 They are. This is why I'm hoping Tron gets many speaking lines in KH3. Just for Bruce Boxleitner.
I'm ambivalent about Space Paranoids/The Grid/some other incarnation of that World reappearing in KH3. It would be cool if Tron could somehow enter Radiant Garden and be a part of the team there, however.

It is strange, but after how people complained about there being too many new characters (coughorgxiiicough) I guess the team decided to slow it down on new character introductions, especially considering we are nearing the end of the saga. It would be rather vexing to add a lot of new original characters in a story that is nearing its end.
Very true. It's good that KH is finally solidifying its cast. I personally hope KH3 is filled with a lot of World revisiting, but that the Worlds are drastically different, the story lines are mostly original and the game capitalizes on how the main cast has developed a real bond with the Disney characters that exist within them. Especially Sora.

Obviously some new Worlds are a must, but it would feel incoherent to me to have a completely fresh assembly.

Sorax 122

I'm ambivalent about Space Paranoids/The Grid/some other incarnation of that World reappearing in KH3. It would be cool if Tron could somehow enter Radiant Garden and be a part of the team there, however.

Very true. It's good that KH is finally solidifying its cast. I personally hope KH3 is filled with a lot of World revisiting, but that the Worlds are drastically different, the story lines are mostly original and the game capitalizes on how the main cast has developed a real bond with the Disney characters that exist within them. Especially Sora.

Obviously some new Worlds are a must, but it would feel incoherent to me to have a completely fresh assembly.
Yes, let's not have a bunch of new disney worlds. This is very susceptible to KH 2 Filler Syndrome.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

Yes, let's not have a bunch of new disney worlds. This is very susceptible to KH 2 Filler Syndrome.
The filler syndrome started with CoM and continued through Coded, let's not revise history just to skewer KH2. Even if it was possibly the more egregious example. I'm thinking Nomura has learned his lesson, though, given that BBS and (it would seem) DDD are both very plot oriented when it comes to their incorporation of Disney elements. I mean, I would actually hope that KH3 follows KH2's example when it comes to the Worlds selected for it. In KH2, there was a nice ratio of old Disney Worlds to new Disney Worlds, and the new Disney Worlds were for the most part tied in nicely with existing plot and character elements (by which I mean it was nice to see Beast's Castle since we already knew Belle and the Beast, and it was nice to see The Pride Lands since we knew Simba; it was also nice to visit brand new places such as The Land of Dragons). But anyway, this thread is about voice actors, not World schematics, so I've said enough. :x

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

The only way I could is if Uprising and TRON III were to be worlds.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

I don't see why everyone's freaking out about Nimoy not returning. He reprized his role on Fringe for the last few episodes of the fourth season a while ago so I don't see why he wouldn't return for a voice acting job.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I don't see why everyone's freaking out about Nimoy not returning. He reprized his role on Fringe for the last few episodes of the fourth season a while ago so I don't see why he wouldn't return for a voice acting job.

That's what I was thinking. But you never know, things happen. He may have been under contract for Fringe.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

No. Actually, every time he's been on he's been a 'special guest star' (he's been in every season for three or four episodes at the most).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yeah, everything Nimoy has done for the last few years has been guest roles and he has been under no obligation to do them. So that is why it is weird he wouldn't be MX again since he says yes to almost everything thrown at him.

I'm just hoping those sources were wrong or were mistaken or some kind of misunderstanding :c

Back