• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KH_ROCKS

Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Ben Diskin as YMX? *shifty eyes*

Well I think KH has a pretty good record of getting exceptional voice actors. Sure, there's the occasional miscasting (Mena Suvari) but for the most part I'm happy with the voice acting in the series. Especially the first game. Absolutely no complaints. Although I prefer George Newburn's(?) Sephiroth to Lance Bass. Haha.

(also I gave up after 2 mins)

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards

David's work as Riku has always been my favorite of the main KH characters'. <3 It never disappoints me.

MasterZeR0

God Sora does sound really forced *barf*

But Riku, you sexy ****** ******** *** **** you ;)

Some of Sora's lines were OKAY in English. HJO just doesn't sound... into it :/

I LOVE Riku's and YX's voices though. :D And I think Mr. Osment does a better Vanitas than a Sora, even if it was just one line :I

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

[video=youtube;NLlohL-I734]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLlohL-I734[/video]
This was pretty cool. I really liked seeing the voice work paralleled.

Watching Sora, I really do prefer HJO. He sounds so natural in the role. Miyu Irino does a great job, too, but HJO barely sounds like he's acting, and I like that. It's the same reason I love Willa Holland as Aqua. I'm so ~unpopular~ with my voice preferences. :x
David Gallagher and Mamoru Miyano are both just amazing. Enough said.
The only English voices I definitely prefer over the Japanese ones are Jesse McCartney's Roxas, Bret Iwan's Mickey and Paul St. Peter's Xemnas.
And the only Japanese voice I prefer over the English one is the MF's.

This makes me wish we could get a dual-language Final Mix-esque package for the KH games, though. D:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

This was pretty cool. I really liked seeing the voice work paralleled.

Watching Sora, I really do prefer HJO. He sounds so natural in the role. Miyu Irino does a great job, too, but HJO barely sounds like he's acting, and I like that. It's the same reason I love Willa Holland as Aqua. I'm so ~unpopular~ with my voice preferences. :x
David Gallagher and Mamoru Miyano are both just amazing. Enough said.
The only English voices I definitely prefer over the Japanese ones are Jesse McCartney's Roxas, Bret Iwan's Mickey and Paul St. Peter's Xemnas.
And the only Japanese voice I prefer over the English one is the MF's.

This makes me wish we could get a dual-language Final Mix-esque package for the KH games, though. D:

Oh good, I'm not the only one who likes Sora's voice.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I like it, but it just sounds really forced and not natural.

Last edited:

KH_ROCKS

I like HJO as Sora. It's just this particular performance that I'm not feeling. Like Chaser just said (and what I said in a previous post) it seems like he's trying to sound younger instead of doing it naturally.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

Oh good, I'm not the only one who likes Sora's voice.
Nope. Seems we get our own little corner of the room to heap love on HJO.
But I get to love him more. Don't ever forget that. :x

I like it, but it just sounds really forced and not natural.
This is how I feel about Ben Diskin.
So I guess we'll all just agree to disagree.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

I didn't feel that way about anyone in the trailer really. Well, except the Blue Fairy. She sounded pretty bad imo...probably because of how different she sounded from the original. Like she didn't even remotely sound similar to me.

So I guess I will go into my own lonesome corner? :p

Edit: Also, alexis.anagram, I liked Willa as Aqua too so you are not alone on that one either :p I agree she just sounded so natural I guess.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

I didn't feel that way about anyone in the trailer really. Well, except the Blue Fairy. She sounded pretty bad imo...probably because of how different she sounded from the original. Like she didn't even remotely sound similar to me.
The Blue Fairy didn't sound bad to me, per se, just a bit out of place. I think that happens with a lot of the female Disney characters from older movies where their new voice actors try to imitate the style of acting that was popular at the time they came out. I remember in particular that Carolyne Gardner as Snow White sounded really weird to me in BBS and it took a long time for me to get used to her.

I liked everybody but Master Xehanort. :c
His menacing smile was delivered flatly, I agree.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

He spoke in the trailer...? I don't remember him talking :p

The Blue Fairy didn't sound bad to me, per se, just a bit out of place. I think that happens with a lot of the female Disney characters from older movies where their new voice actors try to imitate the style of acting that was popular at the time they came out. I remember in particular that Carolyne Gardner as Snow White sounded really weird to me in BBS and it took a long time for me to get used to her.

That's very true. She does sound like she is trying to capture that kind of quality (I have no idea what else to call it) that the original Blue Fairy had to her voice. But its just not quite working :p EIther way, I did get used to Snow White' voice as well, so this one will probably grow on me.

MasterZeR0

I didn't think he spoke either... Not watching it again, lol. Anywho, Nimoy isn't returning for him, right? Who could fill that void? D:

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

I didn't think he spoke either... Not watching it again, lol. Anywho, Nimoy isn't returning for him, right? Who could fill that void? D:

Maybe this is what she referring to? :p The fact that he may very well not reprise his role, because I am almost positive he never spoke. All he did was Pedo Smile.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I remember in particular that Carolyne Gardner as Snow White sounded really weird to me in BBS and it took a long time for me to get used to her.
Should have gotten Gennifer Goodwin to voice Snow White.

James Earl Jones. Or Samuel Jackson.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

Maybe this is what she referring to? :p The fact that he may very well not reprise his role, because I am almost positive he never spoke. All he did was Pedo Smile.
Yeah I'm pretty sure it was a joke about how MX is silent and therefore no Nimoy was heard and that's sad beans. :[

I honestly don't think anyone can replace Leonard, really. It's going to be more of a matter of gritting my teeth and bearing with it no matter who they force into the role.

EDIT: NO WAIT I CHANGE MY MIND. Give me Alan Rickman. He and only he can fill that void.

Should have gotten Gennifer Goodwin to voice Snow White.
No way. Should have just brought back Adriana Caselotti.

Back