• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Home of David Tennant & Drake Bell Speculation!

That's the one. Either she recorded VERY early on for Wreck-it-Ralph or whatever it was never came to fruition. But it was clearly not for a Kingdom Hearts game.
yeah true chaser but i wont rule tiana out just yet we still get princess and the frog still

sonickenshin

Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Home of David Tennant & Drake Bell Speculation!

That Master Xehanort does not sound like anything Mark Hamill can do. And if it is, the director picked the wrong voice out of his repetoire to use. Yes, it would've sound like Eraqus, but it would've fit better.

Also....I only really liked Rapunzel in this trailer. :( Everyone else was really flat.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

This might sound silly but it's anyone else worried that David Gallagher might not be returning to voice Riku? We've heard almost all of the main characters' voices in English trailers except for Riku. Heck we've already heard Kairi and Hayner before him.

I genuinely hope that isn't the case. David loves to voice Riku, and I don't see any reason why he would skip on voicing him in this game.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards

This might sound silly but it's anyone else worried that David Gallagher might not be returning to voice Riku? We've heard almost all of the main characters' voices in English trailers except for Riku. Heck we've already heard Kairi and Hayner before him.
I am and until we have confirmation that he will reprise the role, we have the right to be worried.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I'm not worried. I do think it's a weird coincidence that the only time Riku has spoken have been in trailers that they didn't release an English dub of, but there are no similarities between Riku and characters that have required a recast.

Blancanieves

I really hope David returns as Riku, he´s the only one whose voice has barely changed since KH1 and I love him so much. His voice is very special and sexy, Kingdom Hearts wouldn´t be the same if David didn´t dub Riku or if Jesse didn´t dub Roxas imo :c

Seadrin

Awards

I have no doubts about Mr. Gallagher!

I am curious, about Mark Hamill. Just want to hear some of your thoughts; Do you think it Mark?

I would be very surprised if the casted an unknown VA for Master Xehanort. With the "star-studded" cast we have this time around, and remembering the likes of Billy Zane for Ansem to open this Xehanort Saga, I would only imagine they would close this book on the XEHANORT saga with a well-known VA. I like the voice already. Just would love to hear some of your thoughts!

Awards

I really hope David returns as Riku, he´s the only one whose voice has barely changed since KH1 and I love him so much. His voice is very special and sexy, Kingdom Hearts wouldn´t be the same if David didn´t dub Riku or if Jesse didn´t dub Roxas imo :c

Oh I’m positive he’s voicing Riki. David isn’t really doing much these days. Same with Jesse (although he has returned to music lately, but it’s not like he’s some huge music superstar anymore.)

Disney already screwed fans over by not asking Hayden to return. Imagine the uproar if either of those 2 didn’t.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

yeah true chaser but i wont rule tiana out just yet we still get princess and the frog still

I'm setting myself up for disappointment when PatF doesn't end up in the game but I gotta say it is my most hoped for world right now.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

David Gallagher can't resist Riku's sexiness, so there's no need to worry about him not returning.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

David isn’t really doing much these days.
Tbh, other than voicing Riku, I haven't seen David Gallagher in any major projects lately even after 7th Heaven ended back in 2007 as he has been mostly been relegated to doing small episode guest spots on TV shows, and TV movies so who knows what's David's future for him after KH3 and whether Riku survives the final battle in KH3

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

still missing hayden

xheanort suprised me a bit

redcrown

Awards

I'm not worried. I do think it's a weird coincidence that the only time Riku has spoken have been in trailers that they didn't release an English dub of, but there are no similarities between Riku and characters that have required a recast.

Yeah it is a weird coincidence, which is why I'm worried he might not reprise his role. If one of the trailers released this month and the next is only the English dub of the Big Hero 6 trailer, I would be satisfied just to hear the confirmation of David Gallagher returning.

His voice brings a lot of soul and subtle characterization in his performance as Riku, I hope he sticks around to voice him as long as he possible can.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

i dont need to be a jerk or anything but did had to put mickey and goofy on the cover art like that

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

We haven't heard most of Kairi in KH3 and people are still acting like it's some disrespectful Hayden can't return. Voice actors can't always reprised their roles, we should be better than this. And people are 'worried ' about David and Jessie, but it's obvious they aren't trying to break NDA

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

We haven't heard most of Kairi in KH3 and people are still acting like it's some disrespectful Hayden can't return. Voice actors can't always reprised their roles, we should be better than this. And people are 'worried ' about David and Jessie, but it's obvious they aren't trying to break NDA

People should always keep stuff in perspective without getting overly burned up about video games (guilty here lmao)

That being said, with the little information we have, it seems like Alyson was chosen on a whim, as Hayden tweeted that she was perfectly willing to do the part again. I wouldn't point my disappointment toward Alyson and her performance, but instead towards the casting director. It is very sad to me that the original Kairi we know from 1 and 2 won't be in 3.

Like, if we somehow get a big cheesy romance scene with Sora and Kairi finally sharing the paopu fruit, it's going to be an even harder sell than it would have been with Hayden-- Haley's Sora and Hayden's Kairi actually had some halfway decent scenes together.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

That being said, with the little information we have, it seems like Alyson was chosen on a whim,
I'd say it's more likely they just assumed Hayden wouldn't be able to reprise the role so didn't bother contacting her, but I'm in full agreement on the rest of your post.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

People should always keep stuff in perspective without getting overly burned up about video games (guilty here lmao)

That being said, with the little information we have, it seems like Alyson was chosen on a whim, as Hayden tweeted that she was perfectly willing to do the part again. I wouldn't point my disappointment toward Alyson and her performance, but instead towards the casting director. It is very sad to me that the original Kairi we know from 1 and 2 won't be in 3.

Like, if we somehow get a big cheesy romance scene with Sora and Kairi finally sharing the paopu fruit, it's going to be an even harder sell than it would have been with Hayden-- Haley's Sora and Hayden's Kairi actually had some halfway decent scenes together.

Couldn't put it better myself. This is why I really don't like it when voice actors/actors change, yet there was every opportunity to bring the original actor back.

On a seperate note, I want to hear Riku again!

Back