• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Home of David Tennant & Drake Bell Speculation!

I disagree a little there, seeing how everything since BBS is Sora trying to find a way to save everyone and how Sora and Roxas had to merge again. It would feel cheap in my opinion if Roxas could just materialize a body after releasing his heart from Sora - or anything like that. There has to be something else involved, even if it's just some magic, or else it goes right against what happened in KH2 with Roxas and Naminé.

There has to be something involved, sure: I also wouldn't want to be no explanation whatsoever.
I just don't know if we're gonna get a full-on "segment" dedicated to that, usually these things are a bit more... sudden.

Though I understand where you come from with Even, I don't really see where Ienzo seems to be such a bad guy? If anything, I felt his short scene in DDD and his interactions with Lea showed that Ienzo might not be a crazy dude, certainly quickly excitable by his theories and probably science in general, but not generally malevolent (even though the Ansem reports might hint at that but that excursion is a little too much for this topic!). I just personally would like to see whether they pick up their old work in Radiant Garden, whether Dilan and Aeleus take up guard duty again, whether Ansem rules again (maybe together with the restoration committee) and whether Even and Ienzo continue new kind of research that is benefiting the world under Ansem the Wise.

I withold my judgement on Ienzo. Clearly they have/had something planned out for him and I'm waiting on what it is, but suppose nothing comes up... well, I'll have to look at all the bad things he did.

Also same here for the Goofy shouts. I hope they were also temporary stock, because he sounded a bit odd.

sonickenshin

Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Home of David Tennant & Drake Bell Speculation!

I've been telling y'all for months not to expect those voice actors! Though, Wallace Shawn and John Ratzenberger return :)
Ahh, that's good then! :D

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Buzz sounds like Buzz, Woody needs a little getting used to but I think I can adjust to Jim Hanks performance.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

I've been telling y'all for months not to expect those voice actors! Though, Wallace Shawn and John Ratzenberger return :)
Personally, I'm one of the few individuals who had a feeling that Woody and Buzz Lightyear's voice actors will be re-cast with the actor's from the spin-off video games (Jim Hanks and Mike MacRae) the moment they first announced the world so not to disappointed by this and I'm sure they would do a good job voicing them. And while I haven't seen any video footage on YouTube of Hamm and Rex it's good to see Wallace Shawn and John Ratzenberger reprise their roles.

Also, just like you mentioned with Woody and Buzz I'm also not expecting Mike Wazowski and Sulley's original actors (Billy Crystal and John Goodman) to reprise their roles for the Monster's Inc. world and instead be voiced by their actors for the Disney Infinity games (Carlos Alazraqui and Joel McCrary).

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Now, I always follow the rule of never trusting IMDB, but I do check it sometimes in case something slips through the cracks, like when some of the Foreteller’s voice actors confirmed their involvement and only IMDB was updated and we had to check but this one is a bit random.

A child is listed on IMDB as working for Kingdom Hearts III. It says she is voicing a character called ‘Little Girl’, which is nothing to go on but knowing that NPCs will be fully voiced she could either be the little girl in Twilight Town (seen in the Classic Kingdom trailer) or the little girl in the Kingdom of Corona. Alternative is she’s voicing Boo but I don’t think she would be listed as ‘Little Girl’.

Because of how random it is for a child to be listed alongside confirmed voice actors, I have a feeling maybe a parent or guardian who is excited for the child, or an agent that booked the gig may have updated her details to include Kingdom Hearts III?

It’s a long shot, and far from being believable or confirmed, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they had her voice an NPC character since children are best at voicing children (much better than fully grown women voicing children).

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

It’s definitely possible. Maybe she is doing “additional voices” for a few NPC kids?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Totally fake. If anyone would be voicing a little girl, it'd be James Earl Jones.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

Totally fake. If anyone would be voicing a little girl, it'd be James Earl Jones.
N5Nbd.gif
[video=youtube;liuSbrghzmk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liuSbrghzmk[/video]

Last edited:

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Exactly. You should understand my disappointment when they changed Aqua’s voice actor in 0.2.
gods if atlantis make it kh3 oh mu gods the possible of getting micheal j fox i unless they can final good replacment for kh3 like jame arnold taylor who did milo voice in the sequel and cree summer that mean both numbuh 1 and numbuh 5 in kh3 even tough they will have differnt roles

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

I hope we get several voice actor confirmations during E3. Even though we’ve seen a lot Hercules gameplay, I’d love to see a brief cutscene featuring Susan Egan as Meg.

Question though for the staff who played the demo: the summons didn’t have any battle quotes, did they? Even with the music, it feels a little odd for them to not vocalize like the previous summons. Do you think they could add in battle quotes for them? I doubt they’d bring him in for something so brief, but I’d love to hear John C. Reilly as Ralph in this game. Maybe they’ll use stock recordings of him saying, “I’m gonna wreck it!”

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I hope we get several voice actor confirmations during E3. Even though we’ve seen a lot Hercules gameplay, I’d love to see a brief cutscene featuring Susan Egan as Meg.

Question though for the staff who played the demo: the summons didn’t have any battle quotes, did they? Even with the music, it feels a little odd for them to not vocalize like the previous summons. Do you think they could add in battle quotes for them? I doubt they’d bring him in for something so brief, but I’d love to hear John C. Reilly as Ralph in this game. Maybe they’ll use stock recordings of him saying, “I’m gonna wreck it!”

They were unvoiced. It was pretty awkward. I would hope they’d add in stock audio or give summon links introductory cutscenes when you first obtain them...

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Aside from Lea I'm just glad this confirmed we are getting a trailer in English.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

Is it a fair assessment that the English cast is generally the most cherished worldwide for it's accuracy? I know that BBS may have swayed more people to the Japanese cast on account of it's large focus on original characters and undeniably poor English recording, but I figure that not even Japanese people like to hear Donald in their language.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Is it a fair assessment that the English cast is generally the most cherished worldwide for it's accuracy? I know that BBS may have swayed more people to the Japanese cast on account of it's large focus on original characters and undeniably poor English recording, but I figure that not even Japanese people like to hear Donald in their language.

I have heard that they prefer the English voices and that's why Final Mix versions are in English but....I guess I don't know for sure ha.

Back