• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread

Is it even confirmed that kingdom hearts 3 is going to be in English? Mostly all of the trailers have been in subtitles...

It will. I imagine the dub isn’t complete though.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Is it even confirmed that kingdom hearts 3 is going to be in English? Mostly all of the trailers have been in subtitles...
The voice work for the Japanese versions are always done first, and trailers are released in Japanese until it’s closer to release and the trailers start coming out in English.

We already have had an English trailer as well.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com

The voice work for the Japanese versions are always done first, and trailers are released in Japanese until it’s closer to release and the trailers start coming out in English.

We already have had an English trailer as well.
Do you have a link to the English trailer?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Home of David Tennant & Drake Bell Speculation!

Sure but you’ll probably be disappointed since you would have watched it two and a half years ago.

[video=youtube;NKo4BgDnlfQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKo4BgDnlfQ&[/video]

Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Home of David Tennant & Drake Bell Speculation!

Guys, correct me if i'm wrong but at this point they didn't talk about the english voices yet right? like who's coming back and etc

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Guys, correct me if i'm wrong but at this point they didn't talk about the english voices yet right? like who's coming back and etc
They never talk about the English voices, Square just drops trailers and run. The only time, from memory, Square announced the English voice cast for a game was for BbS because of how star studded it was.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

They never talk about the English voices, Square just drops trailers and run. The only time, from memory, Square announced the English voice cast for a game was for BbS because of how star studded it was.

Indeed, and that was only after the fandom had torn apart the first English trailer, hunted down interviews and tweets from voice actors, and knew who was in it already lol

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Indeed, and that was only after the fandom had torn apart the first English trailer, hunted down interviews and tweets from voice actors, and knew who was in it already lol
When everyone called that 30 second Gamestop trailer fake but you kept going on about how it was Leonard Nimoy’s voice...

I’m firmly on the side that believes voice actors for a game should be announced, and the announcement should be a big thing. Anyone who knows me knows I spent a lot of FFXV’s dev yelling at Square Enix because of their blatant refusal to announce the FFXV voices. Heck, Square Enix France had an interview with the four main voice actors well before the English voices were released, and we only learnt of Ray Chase etc. because of the Kingsglaive credits.

KH3 should have a press release / behind-the-scenes trailer released around E3 of the English voice cast. It’d hype fans to see Zachary Levi, Idina Menzel, and Kristen Bell talking about these characters and the game. Plus we have the potential for a round two of “Riku is an even sexier guy”.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

When everyone called that 30 second Gamestop trailer fake but you kept going on about how it was Leonard Nimoy’s voice...

I'll never be prouder of myself than that moment when I called it before anybody else because of just how big of a Leonard Nimoy fan I am. 8D

I’m firmly on the side that believes voice actors for a game should be announced, and the announcement should be a big thing. Anyone who knows me knows I spent a lot of FFXV’s dev yelling at Square Enix because of their blatant refusal to announce the FFXV voices. Heck, Square Enix France had an interview with the four main voice actors well before the English voices were released, and we only learnt of Ray Chase etc. because of the Kingsglaive credits.

KH3 should have a press release / behind-the-scenes trailer released around E3 of the English voice cast. It’d hype fans to see Zachary Levi, Idina Menzel, and Kristen Bell talking about these characters and the game. Plus we have the potential for a round two of “Riku is an even sexier guy”.

I'd love all of that. Dissidia FF NT did it right by having a spotlight of some of the voice actors. And I love that SE realized the VAs are a very marketable aspect of FFXV because that video they had of the cast just a few weeks ago was so touching. It makes my eyes water thinking about how they became friends or closer friends because of FFXV.

Give us a retrospective of the main cast and how they feel about returning for KH3 and what the series has meant to them over the years. Let's see new VAs and how they feel about joining a project of this magnitude. Let's see Ben Diskin (kindly) troll on camera. Bring up stories of other departed VAs, how it feels to take their role.

Soldier

Awards

Wait a minute, Drake Bell, star of the hit nickelodeon show "Drake & Josh" has a chance of being in KH 3?

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

holy kingdom hearts i nearly forgot that freaking indina menzel will be in kingdom hearts 3 that going to be so awesome now how can you not make frozen a hybrd musical world

Last edited:

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

holy kingdom hearts i nearly forgot that freaking indina menzel will be in kingdom hearts 3 that going to be so awesome now how can you not make frozen a hybrd musical world

Only if they just use the music from the movie, or if someone from Disney writes the music instead maybe...cuz the original songs in Atlantica were a mess lol. I wouldn't mind an obligatory "Let it Go" scene or rhythm game. As long as the world is still a full, combat focused world on top of it...

Phantom

David Ogden Stiers, who voiced Cogsworth and Dr. Jumba Jookiba, has died aged 75. :frown:
TMZ

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

That is such sad news. I grew up watching him on MASH and I loved Lilo and Stitch. I’m glad he was able to be a part of the Kingdom Hearts series.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Is Drake Bell still considered as speculation? a lot of sources are starting to say that he's indeed the voice of Young Eraqus (and he's been retweeting people who say he's the voice of Young Eraqus).

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

This thread is super long so I haven’t gone all the way through it, but has there been any consideration of John Noble replacing Leonard Nimoy? He’s voiced Mallus on Legends of Tomorrow and Scarecrow in Arkham Knight, so he’s got that raspy villain thing down.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

This thread is super long so I haven’t gone all the way through it, but has there been any consideration of John Noble replacing Leonard Nimoy? He’s voiced Mallus on Legends of Tomorrow and Scarecrow in Arkham Knight, so he’s got that raspy villain thing down.

Man, I watched the entire season of LoT and never once thought of him; he'd be an excellent choice.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Man, I watched the entire season of LoT and never once thought of him; he'd be an excellent choice.

I would honestly love it for the sheer fact that the voice actors for Master Xehanort and Young Xehanort would be those of Mallus and Beebo, respectively, which you’ll appreciate if you’ve seen the season finale from last night. xD

Back