• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Home of David Tennant & Drake Bell Speculation!

DAVID TENNANT NAILED IT. Nailed Scrooge really well.

Watch this video and you'll see what I mean. (Sorry, couldn't get the video to actually show up in the thread.)

I can really imagine him voicing Scrooge in KH3 now!
I actually cried when watching that video. Tennant nailed it perfectly. ;~;

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Home of David Tennant & Drake Bell Speculation!

I think Pete in the new trailer may be voiced by Tessho Genda.

This is due to Toei Ohira's passing last year and the fact that Pete in the Trailer sounds like his Tigger Voice.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Listened to some Toy Story 3 voice clips and George Tokoro is definitely back as Buzz. Unsure if it's Toshiaki Karasawa as Woody but I'm like 85% certain it is.

KudoTsurugi

Awards

Do you think we'll get Tom Hanks and Tim Allen to reprise as Woody and Buzz for KH3 or will they go for sound-alikes? I wonder if they'd do the same for Rex and Ham. Hmmm....

Muke

whatever
Awards

They'll probably get Hanks' brother, since he always voices Woody outside of the movies

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

how much do you think irino recoded as sora before he went to study aborad

Sdog

Awards

Do you think we'll get Tom Hanks and Tim Allen to reprise as Woody and Buzz for KH3 or will they go for sound-alikes? I wonder if they'd do the same for Rex and Ham. Hmmm....

For Woody they'll more than likely just get Tom's brother Jim, as he does all Woody's VO for games, commercials, toys. etc. Basically everything thats not the movies and shorts. Tim has a chance though they might get the same guy who did it for Toy Story 3 (the game) or Disney Infinity. Getting the actualy stars is pretty expensive =p.

Edit: Muke got me on that first part!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I'm on the side that they will be stand ins. A small part of me hopes that because Pixar is involved in making a somewhat canon story that they might strike up deals with at lease Allen.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

i cant see tom hanks returning but for some reason i think tim allen is possible. honestly he isnt doing much else

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Considering they are actually trying to create movie-quality content for KH3, it would be very fitting for Tom to return since he comes back for the Toy Story shorts just fine.

But I'm not holding my breath. I can certainly hope, though.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com

To the 26.92% that said that Disney wouldn't pay David Tennant, look up Star Wars the Clone Wars; he plays a Jedi-Lightsaber Distributor-Droid called Huyang. Now to the 23.08% that said "Who is he?"...get out.

sonickenshin

Awards

Rex and Hamm will probably come back no problem, since they appeared in Disney Infinity.

how much do you think irino recoded as sora before he went to study aborad
He probably recorded all, if not most of his dialogue already.

The one I wonder about is Keiji Fujiwara as Lea. He's been in medicinal leave for awhile now. Though, he's still Ardyn. But, Ardyn's probably easier to record for unless he recorded years back.

Last edited:

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

Rex and Hamm will probably come back no problem, since they appeared in Disney Infinity.

He probably recorded all, if not most of his dialogue already.

The one I wonder about is Keiji Fujiwara as Lea. He's been in medicinal leave for awhile now. Though, he's still Ardyn. But, Ardyn's probably easier to record for unless he recorded years back.

It was recently announced Fujiwara is returning to voice acting.

KeybladeOrder

Awards

Willa Holland was at Honolulu Comic Con this weekend. I sat through her Q&A Panel, and since everyone else was asking questions related to her role on Arrow, I was the one person asking Kingdom Hearts questions. I don't know if this has already been discussed in the last 196 pages, but according to her, the entire English voice cast has signed a boatload of NDAs preventing them from either confirming or denying whether or not they'll be in the game at all until Disney decides to announce it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Disney's NDAs are odd. Even if new dialogue is recorded and is included in a trailer, they still can't confirm their involvement.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards

I've been hearing that the voice acting strike is coming to an end soon. Is this good news for KH?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It only affected s Kingdom Hearts 2.8 (and even then I don’t think it stopped anyone from recording new dialogue). I believe Kingdom Hearts 3 was safe as they were striking games that went into development after a certain date (early 2015).

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

It only affected s Kingdom Hearts 2.8 (and even then I don’t think it stopped anyone from recording new dialogue). I believe Kingdom Hearts 3 was safe as they were striking games that went into development after a certain date (early 2015).
chase is right 2.8 was the game on the list 3 was devlopment way befre the strike happened

Back