• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - The Drake Bell Speculation thread

What is this strike you speak of?

They aren't striking yet. Essentially voice actors want to renegotiate the terms of their contract because a lot of what is in there is a load of bull. VAs, if they are late to a job even by a minute are fined a few thousand dollars. They are also fined a few thousand dollars if they seem inattentive or distracted (which is not clearly defined so it is really up to the discretion of the company they have been hired by which is unfair). They also want to negotiate break terms and injury insurance since voice acting is harsh on their throats for long periods of time and if they damage their vocal cords they can't work.

They also want to receive royalties on the top grossing games.

SAG-AFTRA Video Game Voice Actors Authorize Strike | Variety

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

They aren't striking yet. Essentially voice actors want to renegotiate the terms of their contract because a lot of what is in there is a load of bull. VAs, if they are late to a job even by a minute are fined a few thousand dollars. They are also fined a few thousand dollars if they seem inattentive or distracted (which is not clearly defined so it is really up to the discretion of the company they have been hired by which is unfair). They also want to negotiate break terms and injury insurance since voice acting is harsh on their throats for long periods of time and if they damage their vocal cords they can't work.

They also want to receive royalties on the top grossing games.

SAG-AFTRA Video Game Voice Actors Authorize Strike | Variety

Geeze, the things the actors are asking for seem very reasonable. Some of those things (the fines) seem really scummy.

Empress Mitsuru

Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread

*misty eyed* S-Sign...It's our hang out ; A;

Anybody think there is a chance we'll get the original voice actors of the Hunchback of Notre Dame to reprise their roles? (minus those that are dead)

EDIT:

Tom Hulce ... Quasimodo (voice)
Paul Kandel ... Clopin (voice)
Kevin Kline ... Phoebus (voice)
Demi Moore ... Esmeralda (voice)

I can see Demi Moore returning, if only because she is a kind person. Tom Hulce is supposed to be in retirement but that didn't stop Leonard Nimoy :3

Kevin Kline has been in a lot of more low-key roles lately so I can see him coming back. Paul Kandel I would wonder because he hasn't been in anything notable for almost ten years now...

I totally agree about Demi Moore. The actress that did Esmeralda's voice in DDD was terrible.

Scorpio

If they were to bring in Jungle Book, I'd be down for Mr. Tim Curry for voicing Sher Khan, personally because I'm not too crazy with what I've heard so far of Corey Burton's Tony Jay impression--additionally, it's been heavily noted elsewhere that the KH franchise is a bit over-saturated with Corey Burton at the moment--and also because, c'mon, it's Tim Curry.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

we got sad new for a potinal disney robin hood brian bedford the voice of robin hood has died from cancer

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

we got sad new for a potinal disney robin hood brian bedford the voice of robin hood has died from cancer

well that sucks, people seem to be dying from all walks of life this year.

WhinyAcademic

Awards

If they were to bring in Jungle Book, I'd be down for Mr. Tim Curry for voicing Sher Khan, personally because I'm not too crazy with what I've heard so far of Corey Burton's Tony Jay impression--additionally, it's been heavily noted elsewhere that the KH franchise is a bit over-saturated with Corey Burton at the moment--and also because, c'mon, it's Tim Curry.

Unfortunately Tim Curry suffered a major stroke a few years ago which really did a number on him. He hasn't acted for a few years now, and recently in an interview his speech was very slow and labored. So it's unlikely he'll be able to play a part in KH anytime soon. It'll probably be Corey for Shere-Khan, even though like you said the series has him voicing most of the deep voiced Brit characters like DiZ or Frollo.

Was very sad to hear this, but I didn't think he'd reprise his role at his age anyway.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Unfortunately Tim Curry suffered a major stroke a few years ago which really did a number on him. He hasn't acted for a few years now, and recently in an interview his speech was very slow and labored. So it's unlikely he'll be able to play a part in KH anytime soon.

They just announced that he's doing the narration for the Rocky Horror remake FOX is doing, but I'm not sure how it'll go.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

They just announced that he's doing the narration for the Rocky Horror remake FOX is doing, but I'm not sure how it'll go.

morgan freeman suffered a stroke too and he's doing fine, but these things hit everyone differently i guess.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

If they ever bring Frollo back they should hire Patrick Page to voice him

[video=youtube;Eo3PIC6mIck]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo3PIC6mIck[/video]

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

Chaser, don't even get me started on that production. I've been going crazy over it for months.

I guess people here don't even know how into musical theater I am..

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Cast recording came out today. Go get it

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

so i thought today "what if mark hamil takes over as MX?" this idea is probably crazy and dumb amd impossible however when i heard he was casted, MX was the first character i thought he would play. it could always be chalked up to some "he stole eraqus' voice/soul/heart (from terra) in order to fuck with the heroes, and we know he can play an evil role in spades so it could be cool.

Patricier21

so i thought today "what if mark hamil takes over as MX?" this idea is probably crazy and dumb amd impossible however when i heard he was casted, MX was the first character i thought he would play. it could always be chalked up to some "he stole eraqus' voice/soul/heart (from terra) in order to diddly with the heroes, and we know he can play an evil role in spades so it could be cool.

Agreed, he could alter up his Hobgoblin/Joker voice to make it sound similar to Nimoy. Although, I still think Frank Welker or Scottt Glenn would be the best choices to voice our new MX. You can really see why for the latter below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5BS4L2ZXDQ

Listening to Breakneck from Turbo F.A.S.T. among others at this link also has me convinced that Hamil would be good for MX. he would also be good for Terra-nort using his Wolverine's Revenge or a similar kind of voice:http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/mark-hamill/

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

terranort doesn't need a new actor tho lmao

KHJEDIKNIGHT

Awards

If Pride Lands does come back, I hope to god that they don't have Rob Lowe voice Simba. He sounds TERRIBLE in the role.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

im rob lowe and im playing dream drop distance

im pride lands rob lowe, and i play chain of memories

redcrown

Awards

Anyone else not that satisfied with Bret Iwan as Mickey?

I know it's not considered new info/subject anymore. Though every time I hear him speak I miss Wayne Allwine.
You could say Bret sounds more in character, "chirpy" "energetic" "happy", but I guess I'm so used to Wayne's voice, his more calmer/more natural version of him, from my whole childhood and KH experience, that Brett sounds too high/forced in comparison. This is ironic to say but he sounds like a rough caricature of Mickey lol.

I still wouldn't even call him bad, because I know I'm biased; it's just still an odd change to me. That or he has had nothing but bizarre/repetitive/lame lines ever since after KH2. Maybe I just have to get used to him in the coming years.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

I mean, he sounds odd in Re:CoM, but I've really grown to like him since. That's not to say I wasn't attached to Wayne nor change the fact I did prefer his version, but Bret's pretty good too, though I will admit, it does feel sometimes like he puts too much chipper in, whereas Wayne could be happy go lucky and then depressed af in a beautiful way.

Back